NFL

Standard memberRBHILL
Sports 11 Oct '16 23:01
  1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    11 Oct '16 23:011 edit
    Football watching is down 11% what would be the reason? Is it the kneeling of the National Anthem?
  2. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    16 Oct '16 14:03
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Football watching is down 11% what would be the reason? Is it the kneeling of the National Anthem?
    That may be part of it, but I'm finding many older people (like me) would rather exercise themselves, rather than watching others do it.
  3. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    19 Oct '16 16:06
    football has no compelling story
    no Chicago Cubs
    no Cleveland or Golden State
    just a bunch of thugs beating up women
  4. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    19 Oct '16 16:10
    I think it's because Jarryd Hayne stopped playing. Go the Aussies !!!
  5. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    21 Oct '16 04:15
    Originally posted by lemondrop
    no Chicago Cubs
    Well Stated!!
  6. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    22 Oct '16 08:41
    Originally posted by VESPIN
    Well Stated!!
    So you agree with Lemondrop that NFL football is "just a bunch of thugs beating up women" ???

What !!!!

There are very few MMA fighters who don't beat up women and you seem to love them. Lavar Johnson, Willie Parks, Jonathan Koppenhaven, and Josh Crispi are just a few that come to mind. These blokes are so high on Ice and pumped up with steroids that they don't know or care who they beat up on.

NFL does not compare to MMA when it comes to violence on women.

Well stated my ass !!!
  7. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    22 Oct '16 17:57
    Originally posted by radioactive69
    So you agree with Lemondrop that NFL football is "just a bunch of thugs beating up women" ???

What !!!!

There are very few MMA fighters who don't beat up women and you seem to love them. Lavar Johnson, Willie Parks, Jonathan Koppenhaven, and Josh Crispi are just a few that come to mind. These blokes are so high on Ice and pumped up with steroids ...[text shortened]... on.

Well stated my ass !!!
    Okay first? try decaf. I hear it does wonders. Second, your right for the most part violence of any kind outside the ufc is rare. It does happen, but rare.

I did not take the same meaning you got from what lemon said. And you know better then to think for one moment that lemondrop would ever agree with violence against woman from anyone for any reason.

I have to read it again. I am in the hospital, sick, and I must have read it to fast. I don't care if a woman hits a man, or beats on him, no man should ever hit back.

Never. But that is just my opinion. I don't expect anyone to think like i do. But I know Lemondrop is a really good human being. A hell of a lot better then many I know in these forums.

I wish I was as good with words as he is. But football does have a lot of domestic violence, crime, and other unsavory issues going on "outside" the gridiron. More so then other sports here in the states. I am also talking about our football. I cant speak about yours, due to I don't know enough.
  8. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    22 Oct '16 18:04
    Originally posted by radioactive69

What !!!!

There are very few MMA fighters who don't beat up women and you seem to love them. Lavar Johnson, Willie Parks, Jonathan Koppenhaven, and Josh Crispi are just a few that come to mind. These blokes are so high on Ice and pumped up with steroids ...[text shortened]... on.

Well stated my ass !!!
    Oh, fyi....the fighters you names are not fighters. They are not on any cards, and they are old. Done. Finished. A few might be with Bellator. A second rate organization.

You are so bad with with mma it is embarrassing. Stop using google and watch a fight.

There are hardly any men hurting woman from the ufc. The sport is global, and you named men who are not even known by people who follow the sport.

I know for a fact you don't follow it. You proved that with ever word. The difference is, I would be man enough to admit it. Just as I have when I said I don't know your country's sports that well. You have to come across as an authority on every topic.

You must have had a rough childhood. That's sad.
  9. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    22 Oct '16 18:05
    Originally posted by VESPIN
    Oh, fyi....the fighters you names are not fighters. They are not on any cards, and they are old. Done. Finished. A few might be with Bellator. A second rate organization.

You are so bad with with mma it is embarrassing. Stop using google and watch a fight.

There are hardly any men hurting woman from the ufc. The sport is global, and you named men who ...[text shortened]... come across as an authority on every topic.

You must have had a rough childhood. That's sad.
    i forgot. I am done responding.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Oct '16 11:48
    I am taking this year off of the NFL, I've not watched a single game since the protests and
    will not even watch the news stations when they are talking about the league. Not calling
    for a protest, but hate what they are doing, even though I think they have a right too.
  11. Joined
    01 Apr '09
    Moves
    25 Oct '16 14:47
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I am taking this year off of the NFL, I've not watched a single game since the protests and
    will not even watch the news stations when they are talking about the league. Not calling
    for a protest, but hate what they are doing, even though I think they have a right too.
    I'm also not watching this year, unless someone nails Kaepernick. I'll watch that replay.
  12. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    24 Nov '16 16:30
    no Chicago Cubs
    The Lions are doing ok at this moment. But I think the SB winner will be Dallas or the Pats.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Dec '16 16:40
    I stopped watching in the 1990's when my then Bengals erected a tarp to protect their players from their own home fans.

For you see, they were sooooo bad their own fans would pelt them with beer cans and anything else they could find.

All I have now is college ball. I'm good with that.
  14. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    28 Dec '16 22:21
    I've never been a Dallas fan but this year they may have found their mojo
    can a rookie qb take them all the way
    it's been a good show so far
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Jan '17 18:27
    no Chicago Cubs
    I agree with the last part. I am not being fair to the Pitt Steelers, but I cannot stand the QB "Big Ben" who was accused of rape, then settled out of court.
    I still watch my disappointing team, the Bills, but have lost much interest in the NFL as a whole.
    So I watch a fraction of what I used to.
    BTW, I also cannot watch Kapernick. I think the NFL should have put a clamp on this from the beginning.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree