Nice way to end a game

Nice way to end a game

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

t

Moves
17 Dec 11

Originally posted by shortcircuit
So is the team Tebow is playing for. Elway turned the Broncos around.
Tebow started with a pretty good product.
I will agree that Tebow was given a good defense but the offense... even with a Tom Brady I don't see it being great since alot of "right on the money" passes have been dropped this year by the recieving corps.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
17 Dec 11

Originally posted by tomtom232
I will agree that Tebow was given a good defense but the offense... even with a Tom Brady I don't see it being great since alot of "right on the money" passes have been dropped this year by the recieving corps.
Let's face it, it hasn't been Tebow's offense that kept Denver in many of these games.
The defense has been stiff allowing for the meager offense to get a shot.

In Elway's first year, the defense sucked and he was the offense.

d

Moves
21 Dec 11

Let's face it, it hasn't been Tebow's offense that kept Denver in many of these games.
The defense has been stiff allowing for the meager offense to get a shot.

In Elway's first year, the defense sucked and he was the offense.
I'm not saying Tebow's offense kept them in games. Look at the stats, Tebow has a better completion percentage, more tds and fewer interceptions that John Elway did in his first season. Perhaps, If given time to mature, Tebow could be the answer for Denver long term. They gave Elway a chance, why not Tebow?

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
21 Dec 11

Originally posted by dryhump
I'm not saying Tebow's offense kept them in games. Look at the stats, Tebow has a better completion percentage, more tds and fewer interceptions that John Elway did in his first season. Perhaps, If given time to mature, Tebow could be the answer for Denver long term. They gave Elway a chance, why not Tebow?
Not saying they shouldn't give Tebow a chance, but Tebow has been babied along,
had time to carry the clipboard, and a chance to learn from Elway.

Elway had none of that. He was thrown to the wolves immediately. He had to make his
mistakes on the field. He was also surrounded by a crappy team. Tebow has a solid
defense to help him recover from his mistakes, and he has some decent offensive
weapons.

There is no way you can compare those two in the way you are. It is apples and oranges.

I'll make a bet with you now that Tebow's career numbers won't match Elway's.
Care to bite on that one?

t

Moves
26 Dec 11

Not saying they shouldn't give Tebow a chance, but Tebow has been babied along,
had time to carry the clipboard, and a chance to learn from Elway.

Elway had none of that. He was thrown to the wolves immediately. He had to make his
mistakes on the field. He was also surrounded by a crappy team. Tebow has a solid
defense to help him recover from hi ...[text shortened]... et with you now that Tebow's career numbers won't match Elway's.
Care to bite on that one?
I'll bite... Tebow is a competitor and the more people say he can't do something the more likely he is to do it.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
26 Dec 11

Originally posted by tomtom232
I'll bite... Tebow is a competitor and the more people say he can't do something the more likely he is to do it.
I agree he is a competitor, and that is commendable.
However, we are now at the highest level where will alone won't get it done.
Tebow's weaknesses are getting exposed and things he got away with at the college
level, will get him buried in the pros.
His arm strength is weak, his throwing motion is not conducive to throwing the accurate
long ball, and he is rattled by the volume of different sets he is seeing.
His recognition may improve if he survives. I don't believe he can overcome the other
weaknesses. Time will tell.

Don't forget...in college Tebow was a running back who threw sometimes, usually
against huge mismatches. If his primary objective is to run in the NFL, I think he will
have a very short career because he will get hurt.