1. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    30 Aug '10 14:49
    It's been many years since Notre Dame was a feared team in college football. They've been running on there reputation for a long time now. I hope and pray there new coach can breath some real life into this once great program. Unlike many schools in the NCAA, Notre Dame insists on at least some academic standards for it's athletes. I look forward to an interesting year, and hope for the best.🙂
  2. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    30 Aug '10 16:43
    less standards are required when they run as fast as the Rocket did.
  3. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    30 Aug '10 17:28
    Originally posted by bill718
    It's been many years since Notre Dame was a feared team in college football. They've been running on there reputation for a long time now. I hope and pray there new coach can breath some real life into this once great program. Unlike many schools in the NCAA, Notre Dame insists on at least some academic standards for it's athletes. I look forward to an interesting year, and hope for the best.🙂
    Come to The Big Ten, Irish. You will find a friendly home.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 Aug '10 18:08
    Originally posted by badmoon
    Come to The Big Ten, Irish. You will find a friendly home.
    Its just like your typical Catholic girl. They enjoy playing the field too much to find a home and settle down. 😛
  5. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    30 Aug '10 20:48
    one of these days, Notre Dame, Michigan, Michigan St, Purdue, Stanford, Boston College, Navy, Pittsburgh, and USC will join together to form the Fighting Irish Conference.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Sep '10 12:38
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    one of these days, Notre Dame, Michigan, Michigan St, Purdue, Stanford, Boston College, Navy, Pittsburgh, and USC will join together to form the Fighting Irish Conference.
    I have to say that I am disappointed with the Big Ten. They are talking about ending one of the best and oldest rivalries in college football which is OSU vs. Meatchicken at the end of the year due to "realignment". If they do their will be trouble!! 😠
  7. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    01 Sep '10 15:36
    Originally posted by whodey
    I have to say that I am disappointed with the Big Ten. They are talking about ending one of the best and oldest rivalries in college football which is OSU vs. Meatchicken at the end of the year due to "realignment". If they do their will be trouble!! 😠
    Michigan will still play Ohio State each year even if they are in different divisions but they are proposing playing it earlier in the year. I do agree that this is a big mistake. I think this proposal and expanded conferences in general are adding nothing for the college football fan.
  8. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    01 Sep '10 15:39
    Originally posted by whodey
    so we can add Ohio St to the Fighting Irish conference -- we'd keep the OSU-Michigan rivalry, and we'd also ensure that OSU-USC would play every year as well. This conference would RULE!!!
  9. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    02 Sep '10 12:38
    Michigan and Ohio State will be in separate divisions but will end the season playing each other.
  10. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    03 Sep '10 07:39
    YouTube
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    04 Sep '10 23:42
    Notre Dame hired a proven coach. He's tough and coaches tough teams. If ND is willing to put up with a no nonsense coach and perhaps complaints because he doesn't baby his players, ND will be back.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    04 Sep '10 23:58
    so we can add Ohio St to the Fighting Irish conference -- we'd keep the OSU-Michigan rivalry, and we'd also ensure that OSU-USC would play every year as well. This conference would RULE!!!
    I suppose that would be true if you live in the area, or if you view your football on how good a team was in the 70's.

How about winning a few National Championship games before saying your conference rules.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Sep '10 12:57
    Originally posted by quackquack
    Michigan and Ohio State will be in separate divisions but will end the season playing each other.
    Yes but will it be the last game? My guess is no.
  14. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    07 Sep '10 14:31
    Originally posted by Eladar
    I suppose that would be true if you live in the area, or if you view your football on how good a team was in the 70's.

How about winning a few National Championship games before saying your conference rules.
    okay -- add Boise St. -- it would be awesome to see the likes of Michigan, Notre Dame, Ohio St, and USC playing on that blue field every other year.
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    08 Sep '10 02:26
    I have just one question:

What makes Notre Dame so darn special?

They have their own station and now they have their own thread!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree