1. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    07 Feb '10 15:07
    italy - serbia - slovenia in the same qualification group for euro 2012... 3 teams that are in this summers world cup, surely that shouldn't have been possible? and slovenia as forth seeds no less... [sarcasm] poor n. ireland. [/sarcasm]
  2. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    07 Feb '10 19:34
    Originally posted by trev33
    italy - serbia - slovenia in the same qualification group for euro 2012... 3 teams that are in this summers world cup, surely that shouldn't have been possible? and slovenia as forth seeds no less... [sarcasm] poor n. ireland. [/sarcasm]
    Looks like all the home nations will be watching the Euro 2012 sat at home watching the tv (Again) Except for England of cause !!!
    😵😵😵😵😵😵😵
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    07 Feb '10 20:00
    Originally posted by phil 3000
    Looks like all the home nations will be watching the Euro 2012 sat at home watching the tv (Again) Except for England of cause !!!
    😵😵😵😵😵😵😵
    wales didn't have a chance whatever their group.. but the fact that they were in the same pot as slovenia was a complete joke... how can a team that finished second in a group above poland and the check rep. (😵) and who beat russia to qualify for the world cup finals were only in the forth pot i'll never know.

scotland have a decent looking group... they have a good chance of picking up second place.

i said before the world cup qualifiers that ireland would come second in their group and i'm saying the same with this one... actually i think they have a chance of topping the group.
  4. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    07 Feb '10 20:14
    [b]
    scotland have a decent looking group... they have a good chance of picking up second place.
    HA HA HA HA HA HA HA....stop it, no, please. stop it!!!!!

😵😵😵😵😵😵😵🙄
  5. Joined
    29 Oct '04
    Moves
    07 Feb '10 22:37
    i said before the world cup qualifiers that ireland would come second in their group and i'm saying the same with this one... actually i think they have a chance of topping the group.[/b]
    No, no way; this time we (Russia) will be the top of the group to qualify directly. Hopefully, Hiddink stays, but even if he doesn't.
  6. Joined
    07 Sep '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '10 16:151 edit
    The UEFA coefficient uses the last 5 competitions. I'm surprised Slovenia are that low, but their results in the other tournaments must have been poor.

E.g. (just looked this up) in 2008 they came 6th in a group of 7, behind Romania, Netherlands, Bulgaria, Belarus and Albania. Northern Ireland were 3rd of 7. WC 2006, Slovenia were 4th in their group (behind Scotland).
  7. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    09 Feb '10 17:24
    Originally posted by mtthw
    The UEFA coefficient uses the last 5 competitions. I'm surprised Slovenia are that low, but their results in the other tournaments must have been poor.

E.g. (just looked this up) in 2008 they came 6th in a group of 7, behind Romania, Netherlands, Bulgaria, Belarus and Albania. Northern Ireland were 3rd of 7. WC 2006, Slovenia were 4th in their group (behind Scotland).
    the last 5 tournaments as in the past 10 years? that's crazy. if a team is good enough now to beat russia and qualify for the world cup it shouldn't matter how bad the previous players were from that nation, they've obviously got a new crop of talent and don't deserve to be in the forth pot. imo any team that qualifies for a major tournament shouldn't be lower than pot 2 for the next major.
  8. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    09 Feb '10 17:50
    Like you would qualify, anyway. 😛
  9. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    09 Feb '10 18:09
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Like you would qualify, anyway. 😛
    i may live here but i'm certainly not a fan of the n. irish football team. merely pointing out what a farce it is for a team who has qualified for this summers world cup to be seeded above a team who in n. ireland hasn't competed in a major finals since '82.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Feb '10 20:27
    i may live here but i'm certainly not a fan of the n. irish football team. merely pointing out what a farce it is for a team who has qualified for this summers world cup to be seeded above a team who in n. ireland hasn't competed in a major finals since '82.
    what about us, we got the soon to be world champions Spain and the Czech Republic, well at least they got nice girls and good beer. 🙂
  11. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    10 Feb '10 21:05
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    what about us, we got the soon to be world champions Spain and the Czech Republic, well at least they got nice girls and good beer. 🙂
    it's not a bad draw for scotland... if i was the scottish fa i would do anything to get the home spain game in one of the last two matches, they have the potential of winning every game but might let one slip near the end of qualifying when they have the group won. the czech rep. are no were near the team they were a few years ago, i'd get them at home early if possible, they're there for the taking. i really think scotland will pick up second in that group with a little luck.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Feb '10 22:181 edit
    it's not a bad draw for scotland... if i was the scottish fa i would do anything to get the home spain game in one of the last two matches, they have the potential of winning every game but might let one slip near the end of qualifying when they have the group won. the czech rep. are no were near the team they were a few years ago, i'd get them at home early for the taking. i really think scotland will pick up second in that group with a little luck.
    nah, we are mince, nobody wants to play for Scotland any more, but your words are encouraging Trev, if a little optimistic. When Poland played in Northern Ireland the last time were you singing Artur Boruc Ulsters number one, or are you on the southern side of Northern Ireland?
  13. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    10 Feb '10 23:09
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    nah, we are mince, nobody wants to play for Scotland any more, but your words are encouraging Trev, if a little optimistic. When Poland played in Northern Ireland the last time were you singing Artur Boruc Ulsters number one, or are you on the southern side of Northern Ireland?
    i wanted poland to win. i refuse to support a team that plays the english national anthem before a game, refuse. i didn't watch the n. ireland vs england game a few years ago (the rep. were playing france at the same time) but that was probably the only time i can recently think of were i didn't want the team n. ireland were playing to win. the rest of the time i don't really care tbh, i have a few polish friends and one polish ex girlfriend go that's why i wanted poland to win that particular match but usually i don't care what they do... as long as they don't qualify or the finals and the rep. don't 😉
  14. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    10 Feb '10 23:48
    England don't have a national anthem unless you refer to the UK one which is mince
  15. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    11 Feb '10 00:09
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    England don't have a national anthem unless you refer to the UK one which is mince
    'english national anthem' - 2.5m google hits.

'united kingdom national anthem' 1.7m google hits.

i rest my case.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree