over-seas takeover.

over-seas takeover.

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

t

Moves
16 Apr 07

Hi i'm from England our top leauge is the premership and nearly every club good, bad and damn right rubbish is been took over by foreign investers. Which means the managers bring in foreign players and force englishmen out of their country. Stop it!!!

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
16 Apr 07

😴

m

Moves
16 Apr 07

In case you hadn't noticed, even the British owners and managers are quite capable of bringing over loads of foreign players. It's because they're much better value.

C
Moonchester

Blue Moon

Moves
16 Apr 07

Originally posted by mtthw
In case you hadn't noticed, even the British owners and managers are quite capable of bringing over loads of foreign players. It's because they're much better value.
Some of the foreign imports are better value, an awful lot are expensive and prove to be quite unsuited to the premier league and soon go back home again.....

I understand why any manager would buy top foreign players, but some of the mediocre ones that come here on big wages, instead of giving the young british players a go is crazy IMO....

m

Moves
16 Apr 07
1 edit

Yes, but look at the transfer fees half-decent English players go for. There have been a number of big mistakes, but on average a foreign player (especially those from less fashionable areas such as Scandinavia) will cost less than an English player of equivalent skill. And that follows all the way down.

Some managers have made their career on getting it right. How much do you think the Arsenal squad would have cost if they were all English?