Patriots lose to Dolphins!!!

Patriots lose to Dolphins!!!

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DR

Moves
20 Dec 07

Originally posted by no1marauder
?????????

1996: Pats go to Super Bowl
1997: Pats lose by 1 point in AFC Championship game
1998: 9-7
1999: 8-8
2000: Belichick hired.
5-11 (1989)
1-15 (1990)
6-10 (1991)
2-14 (1992)
5-11 (1993)
10-6 (1994)
6-10 (1995)

Dismal. The Pats have had a handful of good years sprinkled in their history before the Belichick era, but mostly they were playing second-fiddle.

S
Lead, Follow, or..

Saint Petersburg, FL

Moves
21 Dec 07
1 edit

?????????

1996: Pats go to Super Bowl
1997: Pats lose by 1 point in AFC Championship game
1998: 9-7
1999: 8-8
2000: Belichick hired.
Thanks Doc. When I said long history, I didn't mean the couple years before Belichick, No1. I supported you on your Big 10 rantings because I largely believe you were right. My comment was more congratulatory than inflammatory; I am a Dolphins fan 'til I die, but I'm not so bitter and trite not to give them kudos for their glory over the last 10 years "or so."

A win this week for the fins sure would be sweet~ I also bought lottery tickets!!! Hello 19 million!!! πŸ˜€

Moves
21 Dec 07

Originally posted by SmookieP
Thanks Doc. When I said long history, I didn't mean the couple years before Belichick, No1. I supported you on your Big 10 rantings because I largely believe you were right. My comment was more congratulatory than inflammatory; I am a Dolphins fan 'til I die, but I'm not so bitter and trite not to give them kudos for their glory over the last 10 years "or s ...[text shortened]... for the fins sure would be sweet~ I also bought lottery tickets!!! Hello 19 million!!! πŸ˜€
If youre gonna sleep with dogs youre gonna get some fleas....

S
Lead, Follow, or..

Saint Petersburg, FL

Moves
21 Dec 07

Originally posted by Bobla45
If youre gonna sleep with dogs youre gonna get some fleas....
My dogs won't sleep near me, they're afraid they'll get something from me!!! 😞

Moves
21 Dec 07

Originally posted by SmookieP
My dogs won't sleep near me, they're afraid they'll get something from me!!! 😞
good one...πŸ˜€

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
21 Dec 07

Originally posted by Doctor Rat
5-11 (1989)
1-15 (1990)
6-10 (1991)
2-14 (1992)
5-11 (1993)
10-6 (1994)
6-10 (1995)

Dismal. The Pats have had a handful of good years sprinkled in their history before the Belichick era, but mostly they were playing second-fiddle.
Why give Belichick credit for turning around the franchise when it happened under Parcells?

Moves
21 Dec 07

I think the credit goes to three men.

1. Kraft - without Kraft the team doesn't even stay in Foxboro and we're not having this conversation.

2. Parcells - He brought respectability and credibility to a laughingstock organization.

3. Bledsoe - Even though he didn't turn out to be as great as Pats fans hoped or expected, drafting Bledsoe brought some hope and enthusiam back into the franchise.

Belicheck didn't pull the franchise off the dung heap and turn it around but he did take a viable and competitive team and made it the best in the NFL.

DR

Moves
21 Dec 07

Why give Belichick credit for turning around the franchise when it happened under Parcells?
Because Parcells left after the 1996 Pats Super Bowl, and the Pats slipped to 10-6, then 9-7, then 8-8, then and then 5-11 as Belichick arrived to begin the turnaround. There was no Parcells residue during those years, no lingering Parcells influence. It was Kraft, Belichick, and Brady who halted the slide in 2001 and brought the team back.

Parcells Patriots record: 32-32 (50.0😡
Belichick Patriots record: 75-37 (67.0😡

DR

Moves
21 Dec 07

Originally posted by Ullr
I think the credit goes to three men ... 3. Bledsoe - Even though he didn't turn out to be as great as Pats fans hoped or expected, drafting Bledsoe brought some hope and enthusiam back into the franchise ...
I think that's an excellent point. Bledsoe was something the Patriots really had been needing: stability at QB.

Grogan was in the back half of his career when the Pats selected Tony Eason out of that famed Quarterback Class of '83. In 1984, who was the #1 rated QB? Super Bowl winner Joe Montana. Who was #2? Super Bowl loser Dan Marino. Ah, and who was #3? Tony Eason! But the Patriots organization seemed to lose confidence in Eason, and Eason then lost confidence in himself, and the team went back to relying on aging Grogan who had to get a medical waiver to play with a chronic neck injury that was one hit away from paralysis.

It seemed that Doug Flutie should have been a perfect fit for New England. He played for Boston College, lived in Massachusetts, selfless player, great competitor, 5-0 record as a starter in Foxboro, the guy knew how to win games. But what did the Pats organization see? "He's too short." So they waved goodbye to Flutie who went to the CFL where he won 3 Grey Cups and was named "CFL Outstanding Player" a record 6 times.

The revolving door of New England quarterbacks then saw such luminaries as Tom Ramsey, Tommy Hodson, Marc Wilson, Hugh Millen, Scott Zolak, Jeff Carlson, and Scott Secules. Names on the tips of everyone's tongues, I'm sure. Finally, a stable force was found, the reliable Drew Bledsoe was drafted and the Patriot-faithful had something to hang their hats on. Bledsoe certainly was a key to keeping the Patriots organization afloat in the 90's. I was surprised that Bledsoe's name didn't come up this year for some teams who needed to find a QB, especially when we saw Testaverde back in action for the 1 billionth year.

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
21 Dec 07

Parcels, Belifack...it doesn't matter.....

Fins 24
Pats 23

DR

Moves
21 Dec 07

Originally posted by uzless

Fins 24
Pats 23
You might as well say Dolphins 2, Patriots 0, since any score that results in a Miami win would be equally as shocking. Pats are going to win, but I think it's going to be closer than everyone says. The spread isn't going to be 40+ points like Kornheiser and Wilbon were saying on P.T.I., though I do appreciate their enthusiasm. The Patriots know that this game may be the most likely to feature a cheap-shot against Brady because the Dolphins are so emotionally invested in their legacy of a perfect season. The Patriots might do a lot of running to protect Brady.

Moves
22 Dec 07

Fins 24
Pats 23
Nope. Sorry. 16-0. Its a done deal. Super Bowl? Not sure, the Colts and Jags can play in the cold. The Dolphins are toast though, and when that moron QB'ing the Giants gets a look at our defensive schemes next week he will quickly collapse😏...Go Pats!!

R
The NY Giants Fan

Moves
22 Dec 07

it leads to an interesting finish. If the giants lose this week and the patriots DESTORY the dolphins, then we (giants fans) can finally see if eli was worth his trade.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
22 Dec 07
2 edits

Originally posted by Robolash
it leads to an interesting finish. If the giants lose this week and the patriots DESTORY the dolphins, then we (giants fans) can finally see if eli was worth his trade.
It's painfully obvious to this Giants fan that he wasn't by a long shot. He's an average NFL QB at best with a penchant for turning the ball over. Hopefully after this year they'll finally accept that he just isn't the answer and grab Colt Brennan (if they can get him).

J

Cavan, Ireland

Moves
22 Dec 07

Just getting out in front of next week's headlines....
OOOOHHHHHHH - bookies here i come