1. Joined
    20 Oct '02
    Moves
    17 Dec '10 01:56
    In Foxboro. Will Rogers play? 2 concussions? This is the type of game you want to go plunk your mortgage down on the Patriots, and watch out! Surprises could lurk......
  2. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    17 Dec '10 12:28
    Originally posted by Bobla45
    In Foxboro. Will Rogers play? 2 concussions? This is the type of game you want to go plunk your mortgage down on the Patriots, and watch out! Surprises could lurk......
    Surprises happen when teams underestimate opponents. I doubt Belichick is treating the Packers the way the latter did the Lions. I hope Rodgers recovers and makes the final decision on playing after consulting with a neurologist outside the team.
  3. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    17 Dec '10 15:00
    Did you bet your house on the 2007 Patriots in the Super Bowl?

P-
  4. Joined
    20 Oct '02
    Moves
    19 Dec '10 12:39
    Originally posted by Phlabibit

P-
    No, I had just come out of hernia surgery and was jacked up on vicodins during the game, but when that pass went through Samuels hands on that last drive I just knew I was about to be treated to the saddest sports day of my life🙂
  5. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    19 Dec '10 15:44
    Rodgers out as expected, Flynn starting. I hope Patirots don't underestimate a declawed opponent. Flynn is a really bad backup QB!
  6. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    19 Dec '10 16:24

P-
    I hope that green bay losses.
  7. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    20 Dec '10 05:231 edit
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    I hope that green bay losses.
    You got your wish, but just barely! Flynn is obviously way better than first thought! Bad clock mgt. caused the defeat for Packers. They had a real shot at winning! Best play of the game by far:

http://assets.delvenetworks.com/NFL_football_video_streaming_online/?m=634252450e06470995b00891aa6a9f10
  8. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    20 Dec '10 15:21
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    You got your wish, but just barely! Flynn is obviously way better than first thought! Bad clock mgt. caused the defeat for Packers. They had a real shot at winning! Best play of the game by far:

http://assets.delvenetworks.com/NFL_football_video_streaming_online/?m=634252450e06470995b00891aa6a9f10
    What about Sammy Morris #34's block on the Packer's kicker #2... I was fearing a yellow flag shower.

Was it a missed call... or is there an aspect of the rule I'm missing?

P-
  9. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    20 Dec '10 18:50
    What about Sammy Morris #34's block on the Packer's kicker #2... I was fearing a yellow flag shower.

Was it a missed call... or is there an aspect of the rule I'm missing?

P-
    I thought it was a good no call. If you at least graze the ball then you can "rough" the kicker ( a bit)!
  10. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    20 Dec '10 19:48
    I thought it was a good no call. If you at least graze the ball then you can "rough" the kicker ( a bit)!
    Arg.... It wasn't during the kick! The kicker was trying to take the lineman down, and got hit square (clipped) in the back!

Did you watch the vid?
  11. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    20 Dec '10 20:19
    Arg.... It wasn't during the kick! The kicker was trying to take the lineman down, and got hit square (clipped) in the back!

Did you watch the vid?
    I thought you were talking about a a punt that got somewhat deflected and the kicker acted as if roughed. The rule for illegal block is it cannot be above the waist. That has never made sense to me since you are way more likely to be hurt below the waist. It bordered illegaility, but luckily was not called. It was one of the best returns I've ever seen by a guy that size!
  12. Joined
    20 Oct '02
    Moves
    20 Dec '10 20:52
    Surprises happen when teams underestimate opponents. I doubt Belichick is treating the Packers the way the latter did the Lions. I hope Rodgers recovers and makes the final decision on playing after consulting with a neurologist outside the team.
    What did I tell ya? Whew!
  13. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    20 Dec '10 21:28
    I thought you were talking about a a punt that got somewhat deflected and the kicker acted as if roughed. The rule for illegal block is it cannot be above the waist. That has never made sense to me since you are way more likely to be hurt below the waist. It bordered illegaility, but luckily was not called. It was one of the best returns I've ever seen by a guy that size!
    I guess it was the best, old record was about 48 yards for a lineman. Patriots old record was about 24 yards.

It was so funny, I was cracking up watching it.

P-
  14. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    20 Dec '10 21:32
    I guess it was the best, old record was about 48 yards for a lineman. Patriots old record was about 24 yards.

It was so funny, I was cracking up watching it.

P-
    Hey the dude could coach stiff arming technique. He knew exactly what to do. I always wonder why more linemen aren't used as fullbacks in goal line situations or as QB's instead of the old QB sneak plays. Can you imagine stopping that mass of humanity charging forwards? Puny little RB's seem to get stuffed all the time in similar plays!
  15. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    20 Dec '10 21:35
    What did I tell ya? Whew!
    That was way too close for comfort. Had the Packers not mismanaged the clock so badly and wasted time outs outcome might have been diffferent! I am a Pat's fan by default only because my 15 y.o. son loves them, but am a Cowboy fan when they're still in it! I got my son a Pat's ball cap with the old logo and he loves it!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree