1. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    23 Apr '07 08:19
    Edwin van der Sar, Gary Neville, Nemanja Vidic, Rio Ferdinand, Patrice Evra (all Man Utd); Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes, Cristiano Ronaldo (all Man Utd) and Steven Gerrard (Liverpool); Didier Drogba (Chelsea) and Dimitar Berbatov (Tottenham)

What a crock!

No arguments with Gerrard, Drogba and Berbatov. Granted ManUtd have been the form attacking team this season. Scholes, Giggs and Ronaldo have been superb, but their defence has conceded more goals than Chelsea and Liverpool's. Certain players (Evra, Vidic & van der Sar) have looked dodgy on numerous occasions and Neville and Ferdinand are clearly in on reputation not form.

Personally, I'd have gone with
    Foster (Wat), Finnan, Carragher (both Liv), Terry (Che) and Riise (Liv)

Can anyone tell me why these awards are voted for with 2 months of the season still to go?
  2. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    23 Apr '07 08:28
    Originally posted by Angry Boy

Can anyone tell me why these awards are voted for with 2 months of the season still to go?
    'cos once the season is finished it'd be more difficult to get everyone together for the ceremony as they'd have jetted off to Dubai etc on holidays?
  3. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    23 Apr '07 08:34
    Originally posted by rhb
    'cos once the season is finished it'd be more difficult to get everyone together for the ceremony as they'd have jetted off to Dubai etc on holidays?
    That's not quite the answer to the question. The votes were cast over 2 weeks ago which is about 6 weeks before the season finishes. Why don't they collect them at the beginning of May and have the awards the closer to the end of the season?
  4. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    23 Apr '07 10:56
    That's not quite the answer to the question. The votes were cast over 2 weeks ago which is about 6 weeks before the season finishes. Why don't they collect them at the beginning of May and have the awards the closer to the end of the season?
    Because whoever organises it chose how to do it, and this is different to your way.

Hope that answers your question.
  5. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    23 Apr '07 11:07
    Originally posted by rhb
    Because whoever organises it chose how to do it, and this is different to your way.

Hope that answers your question.
    Very funny and incredibly helpful.
  6. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    23 Apr '07 15:33
    Edwin van der Sar, Gary Neville, Nemanja Vidic, Rio Ferdinand, Patrice Evra (all Man Utd); Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes, Cristiano Ronaldo (all Man Utd) and Steven Gerrard (Liverpool); Didier Drogba (Chelsea) and Dimitar Berbatov (Tottenham)

What a crock!

No arguments with Gerrard, Drogba and Berbatov. Granted ManUtd have been the form attacking team thi ...[text shortened]...

I'm sure someone said it before but, in general, players are stupid therefore these awards are also stupid.

Ronaldo deserved it though. 😵
  7. Swansea
    Moves
    23 Apr '07 18:46
    I'm guessing as the award has FA in the title and it's an English award then that might give you the answer. When does anything the FA do make sense?
  8. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    23 Apr '07 22:10
    Originally posted by ExpressiveOutburst
    I'm guessing as the award has FA in the title and it's an English award then that might give you the answer. When does anything the FA do make sense?
    The PFA is the players union for the United Kingdom.

The FA is the governing body of footy in England. We do let a couple of Welsh team play though.
  9. LA
    Moves
    26 Apr '07 17:07

What a crock!

No arguments with Gerrard, Drogba and Berbatov. Granted ManUtd have been the form attacking team thi ...[text shortened]...

Your right if we waited the results would be:

Van Der Sar
    Neville, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra
    Giggs, Scholes, Ronaldo, Carrick, Fletcher
    Rooney
  10. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    26 Apr '07 17:10

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree