1. Subscribergregsflat
    Guitarist
    @William Penn's gaze
    Moves
    22 Oct '09 15:21
    This is the best Phillies team ever. A rare sight around here, a team of champions. 1980 was awesome, but if we beat the Yanks this year, this town will tear the roof off the ..(forgot, we already tore the roof off the MOVE fortress.) we'll think of something.
  2. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    23 Oct '09 05:29
    Originally posted by gregsflat
    This is the best Phillies team ever. A rare sight around here, a team of champions. 1980 was awesome, but if we beat the Yanks this year, this town will tear the roof off the ..(forgot, we already tore the roof off the MOVE fortress.) we'll think of something.
    The bullpen is a little suspect, but they've shown a lot of resillience.. I'm a Nat'l Leaguer, so go Phils!!
  3. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    23 Oct '09 21:17
    Can you say "repeat"?
  4. Subscribergregsflat
    Guitarist
    @William Penn's gaze
    Moves
    23 Oct '09 23:11
    Originally posted by Badwater
    Can you say "repeat"?
    Only when I studder. How about BACK 2 BACK
  5. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    24 Oct '09 00:451 edit
    Originally posted by SmookieP
    I'm a Nat'l Leaguer, so go Phils!!
    so am i but i hate the phillies with a passion. but yankess? please! give me something to work with here 😞
  6. Madison Square Garde
    Moves
    24 Oct '09 02:30
    They will
  7. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    24 Oct '09 18:021 edit
    Nah! Phillie does not have the bullpen to deal with the Yankees power wood! They will lay some hurt on the Phils, assuming the Yanks advance, and they should. Phils don't have a Rivera to squeeze out the tight games. Yankees in 5!
  8. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    26 Oct '09 03:49
    You are crazy if you think this team is better than 1980's team. But you are entitled to your opinion.
  9. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    26 Oct '09 11:36
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Nah! Phillie does not have the bullpen to deal with the Yankees power wood! They will lay some hurt on the Phils, assuming the Yanks advance, and they should. Phils don't have a Rivera to squeeze out the tight games. Yankees in 5!
    Since no one will I'll reply to my own post. Yankees in five. Phils suspect bullpen will be exposed against awesome Yankee power hitters. Phillies have no answer for Sabathia. My heart is with the Phillies, my mind with the Yankees!
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Oct '09 15:08
    You don't seem to understand. King George has not won a world series since 2002!! That is a time span of over 6 years!! This is unheard of and will be short lived. I say King George buys himself another world title. I just wonder what he does with all the the trophies. I have a few suggestions but I'm too classy a guy to say.
  11. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    26 Oct '09 17:47
    Originally posted by whodey
    You don't seem to understand. King George has not won a world series since 2002!! That is a time span of over 6 years!! This is unheard of and will be short lived. I say King George buys himself another world title. I just wonder what he does with all the the trophies. I have a few suggestions but I'm too classy a guy to say.
    He charges admission to the Reds fans for them to see what a championship trophy looks like.

Who really cares what he does with them? I am sure they are prominently displayed around the offices of yankee Stadium.

You are so hung up on the payroll, yet the Yankees have had the top payroll for YEARS. They haven't won with the highest payroll in 6 years!!! Get over it.
  12. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    26 Oct '09 21:29
    Yawn.....

Anyone care to wager a bet on who the final 6 teams will be again next year?

NYY
    Bos
    LAA
    LaD
    Phillies...

plus 1 other team. Fun wow.
  13. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    26 Oct '09 21:33
    Originally posted by shortcircuit

You are so hung up on the payroll, yet the Yankees have had the top payroll for YEARS. They haven't won with the highest payroll in 6 years!!! Get over it.
    typical bonehead response.

You can't buy the world series but you sure can buy yourself a playoff ticket.!

(Barriing injury etc of course)
  14. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    26 Oct '09 22:15
    Originally posted by uzless
    typical bonehead response.

You can't buy the world series but you sure can buy yourself a playoff ticket.!

(Barriing injury etc of course)
    Come on now. Obviously you aren't too knowledgeable of the game. Before you call someone a bonehead, you might want to make sure you are not the real bonehead (as you are in this case).

The Yankees are a prime example of how big spending doesn't get you to the dance. The Mets are another. How about the Cubs? Big money does not guarantee big success.

You would like to think that if you pay tons of money for players they will produce, but it doesn't always happen that way. Why? Many reasons from production slumps, to health issues to age, to personal life crisis. Then you have to get the clubhouse to be coheasive, which is not always easy to do with the many superstar egos out there. Then you also have to get some breaks go your way during the season due to weather, travel, fatigue, etc....

That sure is alot of stuff you are going to conveniently handle with your wallet.
  15. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    26 Oct '09 23:49
    What about the Whiz kids?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree