1. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 15:42
    I challenge all you Brits who scoffed at me when I predicted one and out for England if they advanced. Thought I did not know a lemon of a team when I saw one? Well how do you feel about your sorry side now? That's is the sorriest display of soccer I've seen in a while. No defense, no offense. Frankly on Germany's first goal England defender whould have been red carded for holding. Even with this the German scored. At one point English midfielder could not even dribble around the ref. And about the refs. What a sorry display of refereeing. Too bad they're so blind they could not see the obvious goal. What happened there? Did not pay the refs enough like in 66?
  2. Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 16:32
    I am.

Not because I'm an England hater. I just enjoy watching this young and talented german team playing.
  3. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 16:45
    Originally posted by monteirof
    I am.

Not because I'm an England hater. I just enjoy watching this young and talented german team playing.
    I don't hate England nor its people despite the other poster's belief to the contrary. I'm just happy a bunch of overrated players got their just lumps. Smug British fans who seem to think they know it all and being in the same group as USA got me going! Now your team is a real team!!!!
  4. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 16:45
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    I challenge all you Brits who scoffed at me when I predicted one and out for England if they advanced. Thought I did not know a lemon of a team when I saw one? Well how do you feel about your sorry side now? That's is the sorriest display of soccer I've seen in a while. No defense, no offense. Frankly on Germany's first goal England defender whould have ...[text shortened]... could not see the obvious goal. What happened there? Did not pay the refs enough like in 66?
    why do you waste you words when you clearly know little of what you're talking about?

Frankly on Germany's first goal England defender whould have been red carded for holding.

wrong

At one point English midfielder could not even dribble around the ref.

last time i checked you weren't expected to have to dribble around the ref...

What a sorry display of refereeing.

the ref was pretty good. it's the linesman's job to see the 'goal', not sure what view the ref had. so other than not moving out of the way once and failing to see someone his linesman was in a better position to see the ref was pretty good. it's a shame about the goal because i could've seen that ref given a semi or final match.

That's is the sorriest display of soccer I've seen in a while.

agree with you here lol
  5. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 16:50
    Originally posted by trev33
    why do you waste you words when you clearly know little of what you're talking about?

[b]Frankly on Germany's first goal England defender whould have been red carded for holding.

wrong

At one point English midfielder could not even dribble around the ref.

last time i checked you weren't expected to have to dribble around the ref...

...[text shortened]... s the sorriest display of soccer I've seen in a while.[/b]

agree with you here lol[/b]
    There you go again. If German does not score that should have been called a PK. You think it's OK to grab the player to stop him from scoring? And you say I know nothing? Perhaps you should be a ref since you're blind enough to qualify! Since he was the last defender red card, I say. Midfielder should not have to dribble around a ref, but he tried to and failed. Linseman is a ref, isn't he? He calls fouls, offside, is supposed to see goals when they go in. Therefore, ref failure on both counts. Why did the ref not see it? I saw it? Crowd saw it. world saw it. Ref and entire crew should be fired!
  6. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    27 Jun '10 17:13
    There you go again. If German does not score that should have been called a PK. You think it's OK to grab the player to stop him from scoring? And you say I know nothing? Perhaps you should be a ref since you're blind enough to qualify! Since he was the last defender red card, I say. Midfielder should not have to dribble around a ref, but he tried to an ...[text shortened]... he ref not see it? I saw it? Crowd saw it. world saw it. Ref and entire crew should be fired!
    there was little contact, nothing more than in other games. i've watched/have played enough soccer to know what is/isn't allowed. and that was fine. did the comentator even say anything about it? nope.

he's called the assistant ref... and he should have saw it. not sure what view the ref had so we really can't blame him, he would've probably saw he goalkeeper and not the ball over the line, no way the ref can give it if he didn't see it clrealy creoss the line. we on tv had a better angle. assistant ref should've saw it though, that was poor. i'm glad they failed to see it though. hopefully something like that happens in the final as well.
  7. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    28 Jun '10 00:32
    I challenge all you Brits who scoffed at me when I predicted one and out for England if they advanced. Thought I did not know a lemon of a team when I saw one? Well how do you feel about your sorry side now? That's is the sorriest display of soccer I've seen in a while. No defense, no offense. Frankly on Germany's first goal England defender whould have ...[text shortened]... could not see the obvious goal. What happened there? Did not pay the refs enough like in 66?
    Speaking as a somwhat neutral party, I'd say some folks here have a bit too much invested in this game. I highly doubt the countries of England or Germany would be much changed, no matter who won. As a Yank...we know our team sucks. Maybe it's better that way.😛
  8. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    28 Jun '10 00:421 edit
    Originally posted by trev33
    there was little contact, nothing more than in other games. i've watched/have played enough soccer to know what is/isn't allowed. and that was fine. did the comentator even say anything about it? nope.

he's called the assistant ref... and he should have saw it. not sure what view the ref had so we really can't blame him, he would've probably saw he goalke hey failed to see it though. hopefully something like that happens in the final as well.
    The ESPN commentator did say something, but then let it go. ON replay one clearly sees Upson using his arm in a quasi wrestling move to hold Klose back. You can see Klose's trajectory altered somewhat. I believe the ref called "advantage", which in the end is fine. That said, however, I see refs countless times giving the advantage then carding the offending player. In this case a yellow at very least was called for.

Refs are a joke, You know full well I was not for England one bit, but I like fair play and controversies absent from the game unless it is a clear judgment call. For two refs to fail to see what millions saw is a crying shame. In the end we the fans were all robbed of a possibly world class comeback by England. We'll never know. At full speed and even before the replays confirmed what I saw I called it a goal. Perhaps England would have still lost. Undeniably wind was knocked out of their sails. The non-call puts a blot on an otherwise great German victory. Momentum had already started shifting England's way. A second goal in a 20" span would have put Germany in shock. On the other hand, England failed to regroup in locker room and failed to come out swinging, coming out flat for second half. No one's fault but theirs.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree