1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    29 Jan '11 20:33
    I find it dumb to have it before the SB because if I was on a team in the SB I would not want to play in the pro bowl.
  2. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    29 Jan '11 21:24
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    I find it dumb to have it before the SB because if I was on a team in the SB I would not want to play in the pro bowl.
    No SB team member is expected to play in the probowl. I agree the ting is dumb. Dumber still is having a game at all. They should do a skills exhibition instead. No one watches this dumb game anyway.
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    30 Jan '11 03:35
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    No SB team member is expected to play in the probowl. I agree the ting is dumb. Dumber still is having a game at all. They should do a skills exhibition instead. No one watches this dumb game anyway.
    ya, like a punt, throw not pass, and kick, Field goal, and 40 yard dash.
  4. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    30 Jan '11 03:45
    ya, like a punt, throw not pass, and kick, Field goal, and 40 yard dash.
    There could be accuracy tests for QB's blocking ones for linemen, tackling, etc. The game itself is real boring anyway. I know I won't watch a minute of it let alon a quarter. Everyone bows out anyway. Plus coached by loser coaches? Nah! Not for me!
  5. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    30 Jan '11 06:581 edit
    There could be accuracy tests for QB's blocking ones for linemen, tackling, etc. The game itself is real boring anyway. I know I won't watch a minute of it let alon a quarter. Everyone bows out anyway. Plus coached by loser coaches? Nah! Not for me!
    and it is dumb that people are voted in. It should be all done by stats. The top 4 for each position it should be. you know so they each play a quarter.
  6. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    30 Jan '11 08:37
    I've seen in interviews how many players have fun with it, and it does generate some money for the NFL.. They thought by putting it before the super bowl that it would generate more interest, but NOOOOO tackling!

It's more like an awards ceremony, where everyone dresses nice, and kiss kiss..
    Quite silly.
  7. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    30 Jan '11 16:06
    Originally posted by SmookieP
    I've seen in interviews how many players have fun with it, and it does generate some money for the NFL.. They thought by putting it before the super bowl that it would generate more interest, but NOOOOO tackling!

It's more like an awards ceremony, where everyone dresses nice, and kiss kiss..
    Quite silly.
    Most all star games are dumb. Only ones I've ever cared for are the old fashioned world versus Russia for Lev Yashin's retirement and other concentrations of all stars like that. NFL's is really dumb indeed!
  8. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    30 Jan '11 16:28
    Most all star games are dumb. Only ones I've ever cared for are the old fashioned world versus Russia for Lev Yashin's retirement and other concentrations of all stars like that. NFL's is really dumb indeed!
    The only good all stars game is the NHL vs the World.
  9. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    30 Jan '11 17:13
    The only good all stars game is the NHL vs the World.
    I've never caught that one, but I will next time it's up!
  10. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    30 Jan '11 22:10
    Are you nuts???

Take a look in that stadium today and tell me again that NO ONE watches the game.

Who would care about a skills exhibition?? OH, I guess you would.
  11. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    30 Jan '11 22:13
    LMAO at you. You call yourself a fan?? Of what?

Watch the Pro Bowl today and you will see what the Cowboys are not.
    Jerry Jones will be there doing the same at the Super Bowl on his big tv.
  12. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    30 Jan '11 23:10
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    LMAO at you. You call yourself a fan?? Of what?

Watch the Pro Bowl today and you will see what the Cowboys are not.
    Jerry Jones will be there doing the same at the Super Bowl on his big tv.
    Good for you and them. I refuse to watch a single second of the boringest all star game of all. I did not sya I'd watch a skills contest, but that it would be more interesting than what we currently get. Also, placing it in the week before the SB after two highly exciting conference championships makes it even worse, dull, a game only relatives would like and relatives might watch. As it is I find the pro game less interesting than college ball. Can you think of a single pro game that compares to Texas-USC in the NCG a few years ago? There simply is no comparison.
  13. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    30 Jan '11 23:372 edits
    Good for you and them. I refuse to watch a single second of the boringest all star game of all. I did not sya I'd watch a skills contest, but that it would be more interesting than what we currently get. Also, placing it in the week before the SB after two highly exciting conference championships makes it even worse, dull, a game only relatives would li ...[text shortened]... pro game that compares to Texas-USC in the NCG a few years ago? There simply is no comparison.
    I know i would rather be playing chess the watch the pro bowl. But i watch the games a lot while playing blitz chess. Oh and go Celtics they won today. 🙂
  14. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    31 Jan '11 00:23
    I know i would rather be playing chess the watch the pro bowl. But i watch the games a lot while playing blitz chess. Oh and go Celtics they won today. 🙂
    Are you somewhere in New England? I like the Celtics too. I'm a Mav's fan, but when the Mavs are no longer in it I root for the Celtics. Of course the Spurs have to be out of it too!
  15. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    31 Jan '11 04:56
    Are you somewhere in New England? I like the Celtics too. I'm a Mav's fan, but when the Mavs are no longer in it I root for the Celtics. Of course the Spurs have to be out of it too!
    Na, central cal.
    I liked Bball when MJ was on the bulls. But I don't have a team but I go for teams against the LA quakers. But I would like to see the suns play the heat this year for the finals. But I think the suns are not as good as last year.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree