Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Sports Forum

Sports Forum

  1. 12 Feb '07 15:52
    How many of you actually knew when the Pro Bowl was on? I never saw any coverage of it or anything and found out Friday or Saturday that it was this weekend. I heard Vince Young played pretty well, any thoughts?
  2. 12 Feb '07 15:57
    Originally posted by JohnLennonForever
    How many of you actually knew when the Pro Bowl was on? I never saw any coverage of it or anything and found out Friday or Saturday that it was this weekend. I heard Vince Young played pretty well, any thoughts?
    I turned it on for a minute and watched a field goal being kicked. Neither side even attempted to block the kick or each other. It looked hilariously effortless.
  3. Standard member Wulebgr
    Angler
    12 Feb '07 16:48
    Thay don't play as a team, and they don't risk injury. Why bother?

    Did the weaker conference win again?
  4. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    13 Feb '07 01:56
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    Thay don't play as a team, and they don't risk injury. Why bother?

    Did the weaker conference win again?
    No, the AFC won. I heard it on the radio and said, "Wow. The Pro-Bowl is on".

    Next I probably got online for a bit and went to bed.

    P-
  5. 13 Feb '07 03:05
    Originally posted by darvlay
    I turned it on for a minute and watched a field goal being kicked. Neither side even attempted to block the kick or each other. It looked hilariously effortless.
    LOL
  6. Standard member telerion
    True X X Xian
    13 Feb '07 03:17
    I thought it was on Sunday. I checked in to ESPN to find out the time and discovered I was about 20 hrs too late.

    No big loss.
  7. 13 Feb '07 06:00
    It's because everyone's getting amped for something entertaining. The NBA All-star game. More people voted for Yao Ming alone than wanted to watch a pro Bowl. It's also retarded how the Pro Bowl is AFTER the Super Bowl. Football does everything wrong, lol.

    Can't wait for the NBA Finals. Like other normal sports(baseball), they actually have a best of 7 to truly determine who should win.

    Lol, you'd think a sport that only plays a putrid 16 games in a season would have enough energy to play even a BEST OF FIVE, series in playoffs. Even a best of THREE would be decent.

    Compared to the 82 games per season plus 4-7 for each round of the playoffs, .

    They actually earn their pay
  8. 13 Feb '07 15:36
    Originally posted by Hypa
    It's because everyone's getting amped for something entertaining. The NBA All-star game. More people voted for Yao Ming alone than wanted to watch a pro Bowl. It's also retarded how the Pro Bowl is AFTER the Super Bowl. Football does everything wrong, lol.

    Can't wait for the NBA Finals. Like other normal sports(baseball), they actually have a best of 7 to tr ...[text shortened]... mes per season plus 4-7 for each round of the playoffs, .

    They actually earn their pay
    Don't forget about hockey, they do a best of seven!
  9. 13 Feb '07 16:16
    Originally posted by Hypa
    It's because everyone's getting amped for something entertaining. The NBA All-star game. More people voted for Yao Ming alone than wanted to watch a pro Bowl. It's also retarded how the Pro Bowl is AFTER the Super Bowl. Football does everything wrong, lol.

    Can't wait for the NBA Finals. Like other normal sports(baseball), they actually have a best of 7 to tr ...[text shortened]... mes per season plus 4-7 for each round of the playoffs, .

    They actually earn their pay
    The NBA all-star game is exciting??
  10. 13 Feb '07 18:58
    Originally posted by darvlay
    The NBA all-star game is exciting??
    No, not at all. The best part is like the slam-dunk contest and the special contests like that! Other than that it sucks.
  11. 13 Feb '07 19:09
    Originally posted by JohnLennonForever
    No, not at all. The best part is like the slam-dunk contest and the special contests like that! Other than that it sucks.
    The slam dunk competition sucks too. Last year, the guy took 13 attempts before hitting his dunks. Whoopy.
  12. 15 Feb '07 01:49
    Originally posted by darvlay
    The slam dunk competition sucks too. Last year, the guy took 13 attempts before hitting his dunks. Whoopy.
    That was a dorky white guy, and everyone knows White Men Can't Jump. it was a movie, jeez.

    Slam Dunk Contest has more ratings alone than the pro-bowl.

    They have the 3-point competition the skills compeition, the All-Star game alone is30x better than the Pro bowl.

    The only exciting thing in the Pro Bowl was devin hester's amazing run. And that's just because he's a Bear.

    LOL, you know the Pro bowl isn't that great when FOOTBALL fans don't even know or pretty much care when/if it's on.

    Yet las vegas is dedicating it's WHOLE weekend to the NBA.

    I thought Michael Jordan already proved what the best city/player/team/sport/shoe brand/ in the world was already....

    Hmm guess some people were sleeping
  13. 15 Feb '07 02:28
    I watched some of it but it wasn't very good. The players don't even try.