1. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    26 Nov '06 23:39
    I liked them, and I'd like to see their return...
  2. Joined
    22 May '06
    Moves
    27 Nov '06 16:29
    Originally posted by blade68
    I liked them, and I'd like to see their return...
    i second that... would be much better then having thoses rubbish friendlys england play during the season.

Want to see Scotland .v. England at Hampton park; Walse .v. Northern ireland in cardiff etc!
  3. Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    27 Nov '06 16:51
    Absolutely - let's have them. They'd get many more ratings than other friendlies so would be good for business. When would we ever get to play non-european teams though outside the world cup?
  4. Joined
    22 May '06
    Moves
    27 Nov '06 17:06
    Originally posted by ElleEffSeee
    Absolutely - let's have them. They'd get many more ratings than other friendlies so would be good for business. When would we ever get to play non-european teams though outside the world cup?
    Well we could have a few of the other european firendly games during the season, but not as much as we have been having for the last 5-10 years..

I mean Ericsson was giving way england caps like no bodies business!
  5. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    17 Oct '07 19:23
    Bring 'em back... it was a competition England won regularly!!!
  6. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    17 Oct '07 19:26
    Originally posted by rhb
    At under 21 level. Would teach players to the home nations to play competitive internationals that mean something so they wouldn't be so spineless when it comes to qualifying for competitions.

Discuss.
  7. Joined
    07 Sep '05
    Moves
    18 Oct '07 09:042 edits
    Originally posted by rhb
    At under 21 level. Would teach players to the home nations to play competitive internationals that mean something so they wouldn't be so spineless when it comes to qualifying for competitions.

Discuss.
    Why would they be more competitive than the U21 European Championships that go on at the moment? Where qualification does matter, so it's accurately simulating the format they'll play in later.
  8. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    18 Oct '07 20:11
    Seeing as it's now highly unlikely that any of the home nations ae going to qualify for the Euro Championships, maybe the 'Home Ints' could be re-instated next summer, and subsequently any WC or EC years when Britain doessn't have any representation?

The teams should be made to wear their old 70's kits, and matches should be played at Ninian Park and the Racecourse Ground at Wrexham!!! Oh how I long for those halcyon years!!!
  9. Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    18 Oct '07 20:22
    Seeing as it's now highly unlikely that any of the home nations ae going to qualify for the Euro Championships, maybe the 'Home Ints' could be re-instated next summer, and subsequently any WC or EC years when Britain doessn't have any representation?

The teams should be made to wear their old 70's kits, and matches should be played at Ninian Park and the Racecourse Ground at Wrexham!!! Oh how I long for those halcyon years!!!
    Mate I think we should set it up now! Ditch the game against Croatia, admit we've been beaten fair and square and stop hoping for other results to get us out of a hole, and that the Euro champs would just involve us playing crap and getting knocked out on pens. Home international tourneys are the way forward!!!
  10. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    18 Oct '07 20:36
    Originally posted by mtthw
    Why would they be more competitive than the U21 European Championships that go on at the moment? Where qualification does matter, so it's accurately simulating the format they'll play in later.
    IMO the young players don't value the Euro U21's. Stick them in a home nation game and get the supporters interested and the games will mean much more to them.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Oct '07 20:41
    Bring 'em back... it was a competition England won regularly!!!
    who won it last time?

😛
  12. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    18 Oct '07 20:42
    Originally posted by ElleEffSeee
    Mate I think we should set it up now! Ditch the game against Croatia, admit we've been beaten fair and square and stop hoping for other results to get us out of a hole, and that the Euro champs would just involve us playing crap and getting knocked out on pens. Home international tourneys are the way forward!!!
    We could 'Americanise' the Home Ints.... rename them The World Championships or something, but only England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland play in it?

Withdraw from the World Cup and Euro Champs, and just play for The World Championships every 2 years.... sod the FIFA rankings, sod the ROTW, we invented the game and this is where it stays!!!
  13. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    18 Oct '07 20:44
    Originally posted by trevor33
    who won it last time?

😛
    It wasn't Ireland...

😛😛😉
  14. Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    18 Oct '07 20:50
    We could 'Americanise' the Home Ints.... rename them The World Championships or something, but only England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland play in it?

Withdraw from the World Cup and Euro Champs, and just play for The World Championships every 2 years.... sod the FIFA rankings, sod the ROTW, we invented the game and this is where it stays!!!
    The World Series! We could have mini-leagues, say North, South East and West, then the winners play each other in another league, then play offs, then semi-finals, then a best of three match final!

No more diving, or trying to get players booked, or poncey step-over players who go nowhere, or long greasey hair, or head-butting Frenchmen, or soft-as-shyte brazillians... ahhhhhhhhh it would be great 😏
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Oct '07 20:53
    LOL

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree