1. Cavan, Ireland
    Moves
    11 May '08 21:52
    Originally posted by irontigran
    whoevers going to make the team is gonna need to spend about $10 to get it.. but it would be for 2 seasons..
    Well guys there's a simple reason why I'm not a subscriber here - and the same reason applies as to why I'll not be buying a team...
  2. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    11 May '08 23:42
    Originally posted by John1916
    Well guys there's a simple reason why I'm not a subscriber here - and the same reason applies as to why I'll not be buying a team...
    i looks like i might have to buy the team 😞

but as owner i would be mighty strict.. we would be a running-heavy team that when passes only does passes to WRs, and a little TE passing, but no to HB/FB...
    the defense wouldnt waste time with much zone coverage, only doing man coverage.. also not much blitzing, and when i mean not much it would be around 5%-0% per game..
    i would go for run stopping DTs and pass rushing DEs..

what do you think?
  3. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    11 May '08 23:441 edit
    and i like a FB that can hit hard.. if i wanted a rusher id rush a HB, if i wanted someone to catch id throw to a WR...
    i would give fair playing time..
    the key to consistancy is good O-lineman.. i would start badmoon at RT, and with a running gameplan i would hope others would put more points into the run side of the skill tree..
  4. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    12 May '08 01:19
    If you run one I'll buy one after those two seasons if you wish.
  5. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    12 May '08 02:51
    Can one buy an existing team?
  6. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    12 May '08 03:57
    Originally posted by badmoon
    Can one buy an existing team?
    yeah, thats probably what most of them will be from, although they should add more too, most will be from peoples $ time running out on them, or teams going bankrupt, which is a huge thing right now with free agent inflation, teams giving stupid amounts of money way..

that will have to be a pact about our team, is that we all take nearly the minimum wage, and then get a little when equipment money is needed..
  7. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    12 May '08 04:08
    i just found some secret tips.. this will really help out our team

OFFENSE:

~Avoid the short pass. The short pass is actually very ineffective in GLB at this time and you should consider putting the setting on a very low number, even as low as 5-10%. This may seem risky or unsafe but picking up a 2-3 yard swing pass doesn't do much for your team if you think about it.

~Medium/Long Passes are your friend! Here is the bread and butter of the passing offense. Look for numbers here around 65-25 or better. As long as your O Line is solid and you have decent receivers you can really do some damage to the defense with these settings. You will throw for a lot more first downs and be able to handle the 3rd and long situation more effectively.

~Auto Adjust is BAD, turn it off! I think everyone already knows this but turn OFF auto-adjust as it will only hurt your team.

~Pass % as in who are catching your passes? Be very aware of how good your TEs, FBs, and HBs are. It is nice to try and get those people touches but when you really look at their catching ratings are they going to be able to handle it or will they just drop the ball or get dropped for a 2 yard gain?

DEFENSE:

~Run/Pass Defense Ratio of 25/75 or more! As long as you have a solid D-Line your team may actually do better guarding the pass most of the time especially since only one type of defensive alignment is allowed. Also on average more teams will pass during a game than they will run so again you will have the "odds" in your favor. Some Pro League teams have even been known to play 0-100 favoring the pass and not give up any rushing yards just because of how GLB works. You may not want to go that extreme but slowly begin to favor the Pass no matter what tendencies your opponent seems to have.

~Pass Distance defense. Again we go back to the short/med/long. You need to play a very low number vs Short as in 5-10%. Again these passes are literally so short that you really do not need to be giving them special attention. You need to focus on Med/Long and again the ratio is around 62-25 or better. Because what will happen is if you focus on short all of the time then you WILL get hit for some big plays and maybe it only happens once in a game but that one time could be enough for you to lose. This becomes much more important as you begin to play better teams and teams that are more evenly matched. The short pass aspect of the game is very important to understand both offensively and defensively."
  8. 6yd box
    Moves
    12 May '08 05:07

but as owner i would be mighty strict.. we would be a running-heavy team that when passes only does passes to WRs, and a little TE passing, but no to HB/FB...
    KEVIN HOTSPUR is your man! 6'6" 220lb FB... very strong and powerfull 😏

I think you should make some passes to the RBs and TE as it mixes things up a lot and also keeps the defence guessing. Other wise they will just manmark or even double team your receivers on most plays
  9. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    12 May '08 05:11
    i just found some secret tips.. this will really help out our team

OFFENSE:

~Avoid the short pass. The short pass is actually very ineffective in GLB at this time and you should consider putting the setting on a very low number, even as low as 5-10%. This may seem risky or unsafe but picking up a 2-3 yard swing pass doesn't do much for your team if ...[text shortened]... t pass aspect of the game is very important to understand both offensively and defensively."
    Good stuff
  10. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    12 May '08 17:29
    Originally posted by spurs73
    KEVIN HOTSPUR is your man! 6'6" 220lb FB... very strong and powerfull 😏

I think you should make some passes to the RBs and TE as it mixes things up a lot and also keeps the defence guessing. Other wise they will just manmark or even double team your receivers on most plays
    the sim has the TE doubled more than any WR for some reason..
    about 12 times a game the last 3 games we triple covered the TE! with SS, MLB, and ROLB..
  11. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    12 May '08 17:31
    and by all means i would only throw to WRs, just not as much to backs as other teams are doing, as you get many drops and 3 yard gains..
    but if i was running a team as a back youd have fun 😀
  12. 6yd box
    Moves
    12 May '08 17:48
    the sim has the TE doubled more than any WR for some reason..
    about 12 times a game the last 3 games we triple covered the TE! with SS, MLB, and ROLB..
    lol....i hope they are working on that one!
  13. Cavan, Ireland
    Moves
    12 May '08 18:56
    I have a Kicker, Punter, Guard, and a Corner Back - all in or around Level 5 now - so by the end of the season they should be 8-9
  14. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    13 May '08 23:41
    Originally posted by spurs73
    lol....i hope they are working on that one!
    yeah, it sucks.. as a SS the QB wont ever throw my way, instead looks at the 1on1s with the WRs.. i might as well just play the run each game..
  15. Buried
    Moves
    14 May '08 19:31
    who is interested in being on the rhp goallineblitz football team?
    http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=5255501

put your rhp name, position of player, and level...

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

1.irontigran, SS, 4
    Mega Mose OT Level 1.

Any space left???

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree