1. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    05 Jun '08 16:331 edit
    this player could fetch between 100 and 150 million if fergie sells him now... he would be crazy not to, ronaldo has said he wants to play for real, his heart isnt at man u, plus he's gonna be tired after euro 08, plus he cant even take a penalty...

ronaldo is not the best player in europe, kaka is and man u should go for him
  2. Joined
    02 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Jun '08 17:551 edit
    I am sorry but I don't agree with anything you've said.

1. Ronaldo never said he wants to play for Real, he only said he'll reassess his future.

2. He is one of the fittest players in the world. He played a lot of games for United last season and was still playing well at the end.

3. Think of how many penalties he scored last season and you pounce on him because he missed one!!!!

4. I would have agreed about Kaka a year ago but he didn't play well last year and Ronaldo has matured a lot and is a lot better as a player. They don't even play the same position so how can you say that Kaka would replace Ronaldo.

5. United can't afford to lose Ronaldo (I don't think any club can do without 41 goals from a midfield position.) OK they have other good players and no one can say they are a one man team but he got them out of jail so many times last season they'd really be in trouble without him!!!
  3. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    05 Jun '08 19:04
    Originally posted by jacko13

1. Ronaldo never said he wants to play for Real, he only said he'll reassess his future.

2. He is one of the fittest players in the world. He played a lot of games for United last season and was still playing well at the end.

3. Think of how many penalties he scored last season and you pounce o ...[text shortened]... ot them out of jail so many times last season they'd really be in trouble without him!!!
    I think all this press being generated about Ronaldo is being instigated by Real in order to get United fans to turn against Ronaldo, which would signal the end of his time at United.

Personally, I think that if we got a couple of players that we wanted (Robinho and Casillas spring to mind) and 50+ million, then I think United would be foolish not to cash in.

Having said that, I'd like to see him stay.

D
  4. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    05 Jun '08 20:324 edits

3. Think of how many penalties he scored last season and you pounce o ot them out of jail so many times last season they'd really be in trouble without him!!!
    1. read the press, ronaldo admitted to a group of journalists he would like to play for real next season but it is up to united

2, the world cup and euro championships tire every player, its a lot of games for any player to play, very often into the new season these players are rested when they can be

3, he also missed one at upton park

4, kaka can and has played in ronaldo's position, and play it better

5, 100+ million is too much for any club to turn down, ronaldo could break a leg during euro 2008 and miss the whole season, they should take the money and be grateful for it, man u have never centered its team round one player
  5. Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    05 Jun '08 21:23
    I think it would be terrible for Man U to lose Ronaldo.
    1. He is the best player in the world right now, no doubt about that.
    2. He's very young and is probably going to play at the highest level for (at least) the next 5 seasons.
    3. Kaka is the only player comparable to Ronaldo right now, but he's not going to leave AC Milan. (Plus, Kaká is not a winger, like Ronaldo, he would play in Scholes positions or as a forward, sending Rooney or Tevez to the bench)
    4. What's the big deal in not being excelent at penalties? just let somebody else take them.

But I think Ronaldo is just looking for a pay check raise. That's why he's flerting with Real.
  6. LA
    Moves
    06 Jun '08 07:17
    United should sell Ronaldo if Madrid really will pay in excess of 70 milliion pounds.

Ronaldo wants to leave, he's said so and if he wanted to stay he would have made a statement.

The whole business is boring and a circus act by Ronaldo, Madrid AND United all trying to get the best price they can.

I remember David Gill saying there was no way United would sell Beckham, the same day he's in talks with the Madrid president.

Ronaldo will never play for United again.

If we get something like 50 milllion pounds plus Robinho I would be more than happy with the deal.

We could then buy 3 world class 20m+ players at RB, Striker + one other (with Robinho).

United would be a much stronger team and squad.

The doom and gloom merchents said we would never replace Robson, Cantona, Schmeikel, Beckham, Keane, Nistelrooy.
    Manchester United just keep getting stronger.

Goodbye Ronaldo, thanks for the memories but its time for your circus act to move on.

Its Rooney that we really can't afford to lose.
  7. Joined
    26 Nov '03
    Moves
    06 Jun '08 07:33

3. Think of how many penalties he scored last season and you pounce o ...[text shortened]... ot them out of jail so many times last season they'd really be in trouble without him!!!
    You seem to be focusing on football as a sport, don't forget football is a business
  8. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    06 Jun '08 17:04
    Listening to the sports news today it would appear that ROAB is correct in his assumption that Ronaldo's played his last game for Man Utd.

I'll be sorry to see the lad leave English football... he's an entertainer, and there are too few of them around these days.

It won't bother Man Utd that much, they'll move on, like they did after Cantona and Beckham left - no 1 player is ever bigger than any club.
  9. Joined
    02 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Jun '08 19:31
    If United let Ronaldo go not only are they letting a great player go but also a great bonus cashwise (think shirt sales and merchandising)!!
  10. Cavan, Ireland
    Moves
    06 Jun '08 20:41
    If United let Ronaldo go not only are they letting a great player go but also a great bonus cashwise (think shirt sales and merchandising)!!
    Man Utd will loose merchandise - LOL that's a good one....
  11. Santiago
    Moves
    07 Jun '08 02:10
    The fact that he won the double last year with Man Utd will probably fuel is desire to exit. He can go and win trophies for a Spanish club and then an Italian club. A modern World Class footballers dream.

There has to be questions asked if the PLC don´t come away with 50 million plus. No questions asked about Real Madrid´s ability to finance this again. Maybe they will sell their ground to the Pope and he will give it back to them.
  12. Joined
    02 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Jun '08 10:36
    Originally posted by Hopster
    The fact that he won the double last year with Man Utd will probably fuel is desire to exit. He can go and win trophies for a Spanish club and then an Italian club. A modern World Class footballers dream.

There has to be questions asked if the PLC don´t come away with 50 million plus. No questions asked about Real Madrid´s ability to finance this again. Maybe they will sell their ground to the Pope and he will give it back to them.
    that's rubbish
  13. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    08 Jun '08 14:30
    that's rubbish
    jacko, you didnt respond to my post.... you said ronaldo didnt say he wants to leave... i said he did.... i think now we can both agree he has said he wants to leave... you still think man u should keep him...?
  14. Joined
    02 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Jun '08 15:59
    Originally posted by eatmybishop
    jacko, you didnt respond to my post.... you said ronaldo didnt say he wants to leave... i said he did.... i think now we can both agree he has said he wants to leave... you still think man u should keep him...?
    I think that it doesn't matter to him whether he gos or stays; he just wants a big pay cheque. Yes, I think United should do all they can to hang on to him!
  15. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    08 Jun '08 17:25
    Is it true that Club teams are stronger than national teams today?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree