1. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    02 Dec '07 10:24
    2 December 2007
    Jake White's Springbok coaching career has ended on a low with his world champion side crashing to a 22-5 defeat at the hands of the Barbarians today.

While the loss left a sour taste in White's mouth, it did provide a fitting finale to the career of England winger Jason Robinson. All Blacks Joe Rokocoko, Conrad Smith and Ma'a Nonu were all involved in setting up one of the Barbarians tries. Former All Black Justin Marshall was a revelation in defence.

These barbarian teams are thrown together with very little training time.. shame the team let Jake White go out like that..

This wasn't on the box here.. did anyone see it??

Nonu was my choice for AB centre afer his performance in the Junior ABs earlier.
  2. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    04 Dec '07 07:581 edit
    Wasn't really a great game, obviously from my perspective 😉

The barbarians played some very good, loose, running rugby - as they should, but it was more lacklustre defense by the boks that led to all the barbarian tries.

Boks looked solid in the scrums and dominated the lineouts, but there was some very good defense to stop a few moves that looked like certain tries.
    Unfortunately the ref also allowed the barbarian forwards to kill the ball at almost every bok ruck, so that really detracted from the spectacle it could have been.
  3. Standard memberboarman
    member 001
    Planet Oz
    Moves
    04 Dec '07 09:42
    Originally posted by Crowley
    Wasn't really a great game, obviously from my perspective 😉

The barbarians played some very good, loose, running rugby - as they should, but it was more lacklustre defense by the boks that led to all the barbarian tries.

Boks looked solid in the scrums and dominated the lineouts, but there was some very good defense to stop a few moves that looked li ...[text shortened]... ball at almost every bok ruck, so that really detracted from the spectacle it could have been.
    I dont know if you do this purposely to stir us up or not.But just accept defeat graciously instead of trying to blame refs,poor defence and so on.
  4. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    04 Dec '07 10:39
    Unfortunately the ref also allowed the barbarian forwards to kill the ball at almost every bok ruck, so that really detracted from the spectacle it could have been.
    Shock, horror - forwards killing ball! Like SA never do it?!
  5. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    04 Dec '07 19:221 edit
    Originally posted by boarman
    I dont know if you do this purposely to stir us up or not.But just accept defeat graciously instead of trying to blame refs,poor defence and so on.
    Seriously, what is your god-damn problem? I sometimes think you follow me around here just looking to rile me up.

SA defended badly = lost the game.
    What else is there to say?
    If they defended like they did in the WC, it would've been a closer game. Hell, they might even have won the game...

BUT, the boks defended badly.
    Would you say the boks defended very well, but the barbarian team was just soooooo AWESOME, nobody could've stopped them? If that was the case, I would be the first person to post that. The fact is, the boks let the likes of Nonu and Robinson run at them with not enough defensive pressure and gifted them a try from poor handling.

In MY world we call that 'gifting the game to the opposition'.

It was hardly a cracker of a game...
  6. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    04 Dec '07 19:30
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    Like SA never do it?!
    That's not the point. Sometimes the boks do, but the barbarians got away with murdering the quick ball at ruck-time.
    I don't care, this game meant nothing, I just don't want that guy blowing the whistle in an actual crunch-game...
  7. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    05 Dec '07 19:12
    I don't care, this game meant nothing, I just don't want that guy blowing the whistle in an actual crunch-game...[/b]
    We've said it before, you always complain about refs when you lose.

SA was playing to farewell Jake White.. They wanted to win!!!
    SA showed that a make shift outfit could take them apart.
    They had a very easy run to the cup and everyone knows it but you.

sa lost get over it.!
  8. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    09 Dec '07 16:352 edits
    Originally posted by Tirau Dan
    We've said it before, you always complain about refs when you lose.

SA was playing to farewell Jake White.. They wanted to win!!!
    SA showed that a make shift outfit could take them apart.
    They had a very easy run to the cup and everyone knows it but you.

sa lost get over it.!
    I'm very much over it, it actually never bothered me and I really couldn't care less that a thrown together team (with some pretty good individual players) beat a second-to-third string bok side.
    It was supposed to be a nice exhibition match, which it never lived up to because the boks didn't send their best team and the ref allowed one team to kill the quick ball.

I don't always 'blame the ref if we lose'. I don't suppose you will, but look through my posts in rugby threads. I hate it when one team or player gets away with killing the quick ball.
    I want to see running rugby all the time, but some teams get away with murder and the ref shouldn't allow it. Even if the boks do it.

Win all your games = Win the World Cup.
    I can't see what the perceived strength of the opposition has to do with it? If the all blacks had the best side at the World Cup they would've won it. They didn't, so they weren't the best side there.
    I think YOU'RE the one who needs to 'get over it'...
  9. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    09 Dec '07 18:33
    I'm very much over it, it actually never bothered me and I really couldn't care less that a thrown together team (with some pretty good individual players) beat a second-to-third string bok side.
    It was supposed to be a nice exhibition match, which it never lived up to because the boks didn't send their best team and the ref allowed one team to kill the qui ...[text shortened]... eren't the best side there.
    I think YOU'RE the one who needs to 'get over it'...
    Well let's open two eyes and enjoy Xmas while we look forward to next season.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree