1. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    03 Nov '17 04:23
    Here they are folks, the long awaited tips for this weekend of league.

Old BOTT has been wetting himself waiting for these beauties.

Australia v France.....France have a hefty 56.5 points start. The Aussies resting a lot of their stars but still should win by more than the 56.5

NZ v Scotland,,,,Scotland have 45.5 points start. NZ have a point to prove and should decimate the Scots. NZ to win by more than 45.5

Samoa v Tonga......Samoa have 11.5 points start. Tonga were super impressive in their first game while Samoa were a tad disappointing. Tonga good things to win by more than 11.5 points

England v Lebanon......Lebanon have 30.5 points start. Interesting game. England don't seem to have that much attack and this game should be a comparative low scorer (under 40 points for the match). Given this and the way Lebanon played in their first game I would be taking Lebanon with the 30.5 points start. One of the better bets and should feature in all your doubles trebles etc.

Italy v USA ......USA have 20.5 points start. An interesting game on paper. Italy have the players to destroy the USA but their is a lot of disharmony in the side. The USA were better than expected in their first game but depending on which Italy team turns up this ones a lottery. USA with the start but avoid this game in most bets.

PNG v Ireland......Ireland have 16.5 points start. Ireland were the surprise package of the first game and acquitted themselves admirably beating Italy convincingly. PNG were also jumped out of the blocks in style with a 50-6 drubbing of Wales. Of the 2 Ireland beating Italy who are a far stronger team than Wales looks the better performance so take them with the 16.5 points start. We should know after this game if Ireland were just a flash in the pan or a serious quarter final prospect.

Fiji v Wales..........Wales with 44.5 points start. Fiji are the best bet of the round and will beat Wales by far more than 44.5 points. Fiji are a serious semi final prospect while Wales appear to be the weakest team in the tournament. Anchor all your doubles, trebles and more with Fiji.

On to bets.

Have a fiver on all 7 teams I've tipped. At 80/1 will return around $400 if successful

Have a tenner on Fiji, Tonga, Lebannon, and NZ. At 12.3/1 will return $123.00

Treble Fiji, Lebanon, Tonga for $25. At $6.2 this will return $155.

Finally have 3 $30 doubles on the three teams mentioned in the treble. Around $100 return for each that gets up.

Total outlay $130. See what we can manage to recoup (if anything) with these tips.

Anyone else who has a tip put it down and lets see how it goes.

Happy punting my friends !!!
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Nov '17 21:22
    I was going to tip Australia by 47 against France las nite . Something came up and i cldn't get my bet on . They won by 46!!

I'm thinking Tonga by 13 vs Samoa so far today.._
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Nov '17 21:28
    Originally posted by @radioactive69
    Here they are folks, the long awaited tips for this weekend of league.

Old BOTT has been wetting himself waiting for these beauties.

Australia v France.....France have a hefty 56.5 points start. The Aussies resting a lot of their stars but still should win by more than the 56.5

NZ v Scotland,,,,Scotland have 45.5 points start. NZ have a point ...[text shortened]...
    Anyone else who has a tip put it down and lets see how it goes.

Good tips still hard to tell how some will perform after only one match . Next round shld be a blast.
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    03 Nov '17 23:394 edits
    Sadly, Champ, your Oz tip came in (again) empty.

Somewhat stupidly I have gone with your 'certain treble/ backed up with doubles' of Lebanon, Fiji and Tonga

Let's hope you can produce!

(To be fair, in the first time of your posting life, you seem to know a bit about RL, and its none scrums, and odd '6 tackles and give it away' rule)

I hope so, to the cost of 8 English pounds!
  5. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    04 Nov '17 00:01
    Originally posted by @blood-on-the-tracks
    Sadly, Champ, your Oz tip came in (again) empty

Somewhat stupidly I have gone with your 'certain treble/ backed up with doubles' of Lebanon, Fiji and Tonga

Let's hope you can produce!

(To be fair, in the first time of your posting life, you seem to know a bit about RL, and its none scrums, and odd '6 tackles and give it away' rule)

I hope so, to the cost of 8 English pounds!
    Well thank you. I'll take that as some sort of compliment.

I wasn't real confident of the Aussies winning by such a margin and when Maloney pulled out overnight that didn't help. To be brutally honest I think the selectors over here have no idea. The combination they had last night made no sense at all and fair enough they were always going to win but they looked like Browns cows on that field.

Anyway, for those that have followed my tips don't worry. You've only lost a fiver so far. I didn't have the Aussies in any of the doubles, treble. or quaddy.
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    04 Nov '17 00:11
    Fair enough, Champ

We will never be friends, but you put up very decent arguments in your tips yesterday. I realise you are basically trying to pick the winner against even odds ( with the handicap) , and the odds layers are very very good at that!

No vitriol if the treble falls!
  7. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    04 Nov '17 00:27
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    I was going to tip Australia by 47 against France las nite . Something came up and i cldn't get my bet on . They won by 46!!

I'm thinking Tonga by 13 vs Samoa so far today.._
    On last weeks performance Tonga certainly have a lot more heart that Samoa. They also have more big name players with the likes of Jennings, Fifita, Taumololo, Hopoate, etc. They're a bit skinny however in the halves with no real seasoned leader but should account for Samoa by 13+.

Get on my friend. Money in the bank.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Nov '17 08:40
    On last weeks performance Tonga certainly have a lot more heart that Samoa. They also have more big name players with the likes of Jennings, Fifita, Taumololo, Hopoate, etc. They're a bit skinny however in the halves with no real seasoned leader but should account for Samoa by 13+.

Get on my friend. Money in the bank.
    Tonga by 14.

That was close! Samoa nearly got in there at the end.
  9. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    04 Nov '17 08:58
    Tonga by 14.

That was close! Samoa nearly got in there at the end.
    What a game. We got there in the end. From doing it easy to heart in throat, to behind, and finally a try that looked like sealing it, to an incredible last 2 minutes. That game had it all.

We need Lebanon now for the third leg of our quaddy/treble/doubles. Get this one home and we can lay off a bit on the last leg. Fingers crossed my friend.

Stand by later for a synopsis of the game between Tonga and Samoa. One of the best matches I've seen in years.
  10. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    04 Nov '17 10:30
    Geez, this pommie referee is incredible. He's obviously had his house and everything else he owns on England. Worst refereeing performance I've ever seen !!!!!!!!!
  11. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    04 Nov '17 11:331 edit
    Party time boys. For those following my tips and betting strategy we are in for a big win.

The refereeing performance in that game was so biased yet Lebanon played like Trojans and were only beaten by England in the 2nd half by 6-4. With 30.5 start however we have got this one up as well.

We now have one return ($108.30) for our $130 outlay and are in a position to lay off some of our potential winnings by betting against Fiji tomorrow.

At the moment we have 3 legs of our quaddy up, 2 legs of our treble up, with 2 doubles going into Fiji. We also have one double worth $108.30 in the bank.

We will collect the following if Fiji wins by 45 points or more we will win another $494 to go with out $108 we have already collected. A total of $602.

For the less game gamblers have $200 on Wales @ $1.90 to collect $380. With the $130 already outlayed will result in an overall win of $50 if Wales don't get beaten by 45. If they do then you win $272 overall. Either way you win, either $50 or $272. Win/win situation.

I've had a bit more than my suggested betting strategy on but of the same proportions. I will be going for a break even if Wales don't get beaten by 45 and a big win if Fiji beat then by 45 or more. For you guys that would be betting $150 on Wales with 44.5 start @ $1.90 to win $285. With your $130 already oulayed you would only end up with a $5 win overall if Wales were not beaten by 45. If they were however you would be $328 up overall. Again either way you win, you can not lose.

For those that also followed my tip of the England Lebanon game total match points under 40 (actually it was under 40.5) you also had a tidy collect. I backed it at $2.50 so a nice tidy return. This weekend's turning out to be a good one for the bank.

So tomorrow we need Fiji to win by 45 or more for a big win but even if they don't we'll still finish in front.

12. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    04 Nov '17 12:10
    Samoa v Tonga review.

Wow, what a game. The 2 biggest rivals in the competition and didn't they turn it on. It had everything.

The excitement began early with a huge crowd in attendance to watch a game between 2 countries played in a different country. I've never seen so many flags in my life. The crowd was the loudest one I've ever heard.

Before the game even got under way the entertainment got the crowd going. A kiwi woman dressed as a native sung a soul rending song that had the crowd on its feet. It was very sad but beautiful to hear. The crowd loved it.

Then it was time for the national anthems which I must say both were better than our own dirge.

Time for the Haka's with both teams doing their Haka together opposed against each other. Talk about whipping the crowd into a frenzy. I thought the Tongan Haka was way better but the combination of both was truly a spectacle. The crowd were going wild. All was set up for a great game.

Kickoff and the fans started screaming. They never stopped until the final whistle. Greatest crowd I've ever heard.

This game was played with ferocity, heart,soul, skill and tenacity. Both teams put everything into it and the running was just as ferocious as the tackling. Both teams threw everything but the kitchen sink at each other in what was probably the best game I've seen in years. Those privileged enough to see it know what I mean. Those of you who haven't download and watch it. A rip snorter.

Tonga were the eventual winners after withstanding a late comeback by 14 points but the game of rugby league was the big winner.

A touching moment at the end of the game was when both teams intertwined together in a large circle on the ground and prayed together. I'm not religious but it was moving to see these 2 teams that had whacked each other with everything they had huddle together after the game and pray.

Brilliant refereeing in the game that let it flow with no controversy.

A must viewing experience not only for staunch Rugby League fans but every sports fan in general

Brilliant !!!
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Nov '17 03:09
    Geez, this pommie referee is incredible. He's obviously had his house and everything else he owns on England. Worst refereeing performance I've ever seen !!!!!!!!!
    Ref was sh.T
  14. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    05 Nov '17 04:39
    Ref was sh.T
    It's alright, we still got our bet up and all are still in play. Just need Fiji to win by 45 for a big collect. Pommies not looking very impressive as yet. May struggle into the semis but that will probably be it.

Tonga looking the goods though. Tough and skilled team. Probably just missing a bit of experience. Looking forward to their game next week against New Zealand. That will be a true indication of where they're at.
  15. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    05 Nov '17 09:301 edit
    OK boys its half time in our 4th and final leg and it's stand in the queue time.

Half time score Fiji 42 Wales 6.

We only need Fiji to beat Wales by 9 points in the second half and we collect big time. Given the first half Fiji will win the game by 70 odd points. We're home baby.........almost !!!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree