1. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    05 Nov '17 10:31
    Originally posted by @radioactive69
    OK boys its half time in our 4th and final leg and it's stand in the queue time.

Half time score Fiji 42 Wales 6.

We only need Fiji to beat Wales by 9 points in the second half and we collect big time. Given the first half Fiji will win the game by 70 odd points. We're home baby.........almost !!!
    Collect time boys. We've had a bottler. Fiji 72 Wales 6 full time.

For those that following my betting strategy (all none of you) and not layed off (as I unfortunately did) you have outlayed $130 for a return of $602, a profit of $472.

For those that have layed off $150 on Wales (ensuring that we were winners no matter the result) then you have outlayed $280 for a return of $602 and a profit of $322.

Great weekend on the punt folks. Be back next Friday for the next round of tips.

Happy punting !!!
  2. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    05 Nov '17 10:35
    Originally posted by @blood-on-the-tracks
    Sadly, Champ, your Oz tip came in (again) empty.

Somewhat stupidly I have gone with your 'certain treble/ backed up with doubles' of Lebanon, Fiji and Tonga

Let's hope you can produce!

(To be fair, in the first time of your posting life, you seem to know a bit about RL, and its none scrums, and odd '6 tackles and give it away' rule)

I hope so, to the cost of 8 English pounds!
    Produced. Stand in the collect line.
  3. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    05 Nov '17 10:36
    Fair enough, Champ

We will never be friends, but you put up very decent arguments in your tips yesterday. I realise you are basically trying to pick the winner against even odds ( with the handicap) , and the odds layers are very very good at that!

No vitriol if the treble falls!
    No vitriol needed (on this occasion). Winners are grinners.
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    05 Nov '17 10:371 edit
    Hey, fair do's, Champ

I was much 'smaller beer', but the tips turned my £8 (treble and 3 x doubles) into £ 39

Cheers!
  5. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    05 Nov '17 11:33
    Hey, fair do's, Champ

I was much 'smaller beer', but the tips turned my £8 (treble and 3 x doubles) into £ 39

Cheers!
    Should have has an other 2 pound on the quaddie. See how my form holds up next week. Hopefully won't come a cropper.
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Nov '17 14:12
    Samoa v Tonga review.

Wow, what a game. The 2 biggest rivals in the competition and didn't they turn it on. It had everything.

The excitement began early with a huge crowd in attendance to watch a game between 2 countries played in a different country. I've never seen so many flags in my life. The crowd was the loudest one I've ever heard.

B ...[text shortened]... perience not only for staunch Rugby League fans but every sports fan in general

Brilliant !!!
    Well summed up mate. This was a beauty, this game. What passion from 2 nations totalling just 280 000 population combined!!
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Nov '17 14:13
    It's alright, we still got our bet up and all are still in play. Just need Fiji to win by 45 for a big collect. Pommies not looking very impressive as yet. May struggle into the semis but that will probably be it.

Tonga looking the goods though. Tough and skilled team. Probably just missing a bit of experience. Looking forward to their game next week against New Zealand. That will be a true indication of where they're at.
    Fiji easily!!

You're definately onto something here bro.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Nov '17 14:22
    PNG and Ireland was a disaster to call. You might've thought PNG would run away with it after 20mins, but they kept making errors. Nearly 40 odd errors from both teams led to a hard to call match. Ireland in it till the last5.

Italy looked good too against the U.S. but I wasn't sure what margin they'd pull in so I stayed away from this one too.
    Just a lazy 40 bucks this weekend. Next round is shaping up for some good results.

Who will put a tenner on Tonga v New Zealand? While this may not be the wisest match to bet on, it will be the most important ... If Tonga can pip New Zealand they'll fancy themselves against Australia!!
    But one game at a time ...
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    05 Nov '17 22:32
    Should have has an other 2 pound on the quaddie. See how my form holds up next week. Hopefully won't come a cropper.
    As I said, Champ, you turned £8 into £39.

Happy with that. I say it reluctantly, but you know your RL (with its jokey scrums etc!)
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    05 Nov '17 23:02
    As I said, Champ, you turned £8 into £39.

Happy with that. I say it reluctantly, but you know your RL (with its jokey scrums etc!)
    The scurms are stupid, but they cant seem to get rid of 'em.
    I cant stand rugby, but love rugby league. Go figure.
  11. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    05 Nov '17 23:06
    Hi KA

I have several mates who are big RL fans

I say ' why don't you just do a 'play the ball' at every scrum, instead of scrum'

The answer ( like union) is that a scrum ties up several players , allowing space and exciting rugby when ball is won

All very well, but RL scrums are a joke. We all know it. It needs to be addressed, in some rule change.
  12. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    06 Nov '17 11:45
    Good tipping buddy
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Nov '17 18:001 edit
    Ok. Here's my 3 way tip for the w'ends games:

(Out of the 7 remaining group matches there were some where the odds looked way worse than when I checked on Sunday. PNG by 61 ?? I know it's against the US but after the mistake laden match against Ireland,20 handling errors and only 8 points to show after about 75min I'd have a heart attack. )
    NZ v Tonga too tough to pick. Australia will ease up after a 4 or 5 try lead and try to practice formations and not get injuries.
    Ireland have to score 29 points v Wales and thats going to be a tough ask for a team that looked fairly lacklustre on the weekend.

1. Samoa by 33 v Scotland.

2. Fiji by 25 v Italy.

3. England by 36 v France.

Haven't checked trifecta odds. (Is it called a trifecta? ) Will prolly put a quiet fiver on Tonga v NZ. It would be the first game of the tournament I bet on where neither team would get a start.
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    08 Nov '17 05:19
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel

(Out of the 7 remaining group matches there were some where the odds looked way worse than when I checked on Sunday. PNG by 61 ?? I know it's against the US but after the mistake laden match against Ireland,20 handling errors and only 8 points to show after about 75min I'd have a heart attack. )
    NZ v T ...[text shortened]... Z. It would be the first game of the tournament I bet on where neither team would get a start.
    Put 4 bets on ... the three teams I tipped for a win by their respective margins and a multi-bet one all 3 at same odds.

I wanted to put $12.50 on each so it would add up to $50 but had to go 12 each ...

I hope their are no major injuries til the games start.
    I will be nailbiting through 3 league matches !

Crap ... what am I saying? Lol.

Any further tips welcome.

Good luck
  15. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    09 Nov '17 13:43
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel

NZ v T ...[text shortened]... Z. It would be the first game of the tournament I bet on where neither team would get a start.
    Pretty much spot on KA. Like those 3 myself. Hopefully you will be collecting again this week. Good luck my friend.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree