1. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    09 Nov '17 14:521 edit
    Another week, another round of the World Cup.

The pickings appear much slimmer this week but we'll have a lash and see how we go.

Fiji v Italy. Italy (on the NSW TAB) have 21.5 points start. Great game to get the round under way and the Fijians steered by the mighty Hayne Plane should land here. Fiji were mighty impressive last week and even though they were playing the weakest team in the Cup absolutely steam rolled them flat. Jarryd Hayne is a master and in my opinion should be playing in the Australian team. With him directing play at five eight the Fijians will run in plenty of tries. Italy bounced back to form last week with Tedesco at five eight but switching him back to full back is a backward step (so to speak) and his experience will be missing where it's needed most. Fiji by more than 22 here.

New Zealand v Tonga. Tonga have 9.5 points start. On paper Tonga appear the better side, bigger quicker, and hungrier but they lack one essential ingredient that will stop them winning this game. Experience ! The wealth of experience in the NZ side will be the determining factor in this game, but NZ will still need Shaun Johnston to have a blinder to beat the rampaging Tongans. I feel NZ will win this game by more than 10 points but believe this will be the last time they beat Tonga for quite some time. If they meet Tonga later in the tournament Tonga should win but this week for me it's NZ by 10+

Samoa v Scotland, Scotland have 34.5 points start. This will be a bloodbath. Even William Wallace can't save the Bravehearts here. This will be a repeat of the Battle of Falkirk with the Scots decimated by the Samoans. Although the Samoans are not great the Scots are just plain terrible. Too much NRL experience in the ranks of the Samoans for the struggling Scots. Samoa by a lot more than 35. The anchor this week for your bets.

Australia v Lebanon. Lebanon with 44.5 points start. The Australian team again experimenting with its lineup and in some ways good, other ways not so. I like the pairing of Maloney and Cronk in the halves. In my view the 2 that should be on the park come the final. The rest of the backline is very hodge podge however and leaves a lot to be desired. Apears to me very clunky. The forwards look strong however with only Frizzel missing from their top team. Lebanon have been plucky in both their games so far and have a bit of experience on the paddock. Farrah and Moses would fit into basically every other team in the cup barring the top 2 or 3 but the team in general lacks depth. They'll hang in there but will run out of steam at the back end of both halves. Australia to win by 45+ but not saying that with a ton of conviction

PNG v USA. USA have 58.5 points start. PNG should wallop the yanks but they are prone to a lot of errors. The PNG side are very flamboyant but this flamboyancy leads to a lot of errors. The USA have absolutely nothing in attack but did tackle well for a while in their first match. PNG will win but will they win by 59+? Not sure. I will pick them to do so but with not a lot of confidence. The better bet in this game is the total match points option. Under 68.5 points would be the better bet in this game if your desperate for a punt.

Wales v Ireland. Wales have 28.5 points start. Two teams that are pretty ordinary (well actually Wales are just plain shocking) but at least Ireland can tackle a bit and seem to have been blessed with a lot of luck. I will tip Ireland to win by 29+ but the better bet again is the total match points option. Under 50.5 points seems to be one of the better bets of the round. Wales are horrible and probably won't score a point but Ireland don't have a lot of attacking flair either. Under 50.5 points for the match seems a safe bet.

Finally England v France. France have 35.5 points start. Battle of Waterloo all over again, with I think, the same result. England have all the makings of a Wayne Bennett coached team. Hard grinding, one out football. Their halves have been clinical but not exciting. Their defence has been the highlight of their game so far. France on the other hand seem like they just don't want to be here. Former World Cup runners up to World Cup easy beats. They have shown nothing so far and I doubt will in this game. England by 36+.

Down to bet suggestions. Probably not as easy as last week but we have plenty of winnings to have a go with.

For the daring who like a bet covering all games take a $5 multiplier/all up (whatever they're called in your country) on the 7 suggestions above but with the total match points instead of handicap/line options for the PNG and Ireland games. Not going to cost a lot to speculate but at 85/1 (on our bookmakers) will return a tidy $425 if successful.

Have a quaddie (4 leg multi) on Samoa -34.5 into Fiji -21.5 into NZ -9.5 into Wales v Ireland total match points under 50.5. $10 on this @ 13/1 will return $130.

Have $25 on the treble Samoa -34.5, Fiji -21.5 and Ireland match points under 50.5 points @ $6.50 for a return of $162.50.

Finally have these 3 in $30 doubles returning $102.60 (Samoa and Fiji), $102.60 (Samoa Ireland match points) and $108.30 (Fiji Ireland match points)

Total outlay again this week $130 but after last week we have plenty of ammo.

Happy punting again this week and lets hope we can get a repeat of last week. Cheers !!!
  2. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    09 Nov '17 14:57
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    Ok. Here's my 3 way tip for the w'ends games:

(Out of the 7 remaining group matches there were some where the odds looked way worse than when I checked on Sunday. PNG by 61 ?? I know it's against the US but after the mistake laden match against Ireland,20 handling errors and only 8 points to show after about 75min I'd have a heart attack. )
    NZ v T ...[text shortened]... Z. It would be the first game of the tournament I bet on where neither team would get a start.
    Are you betting on Sportsbet, bet 365 or some other agency (maybe UBET). The starts you quote are different from those of the NSW TAB. I like the TAB quote of Fiji giving only 21.5 points start @ $1.90 better than 25 points start that you've quoted. Anyway Fiji should beat them by more than that either way.

Should be another productive week.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    09 Nov '17 19:281 edit
    Originally posted by @radioactive69
    Are you betting on Sportsbet, bet 365 or some other agency (maybe UBET). The starts you quote are different from those of the NSW TAB. I like the TAB quote of Fiji giving only 21.5 points start @ $1.90 better than 25 points start that you've quoted. Anyway Fiji should beat them by more than that either way.

Should be another productive week.
    Those extra couple of points make a difference!!

But I'm not betting online right now... my oldmate tried some dodgy crap. I goto TAB which is now .... ummm ,, you know the one? F--- there are so many.

Anyway I'll get back here after the 3rd game (my picks) for round up and next weeks predictions. Cheers.
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    09 Nov '17 22:38
    Cheers, Champ

Have gone with the 3 doubles and treble on Samoa -34, Fiji -24 and Ireland -28 ( no total points in game on this one on my online bookies)

No hard feelings if they don't win, see the Oz 'proper rugby' team play Wales on Saturday. My bookies have Oz to win, -5 on the handicap. What you reckon? I think Oz will win that one by more than 5 (but I dislike Wales!)
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 Nov '17 00:21
    Originally posted by @blood-on-the-tracks
    Cheers, Champ

Have gone with the 3 doubles and treble on Samoa -34, Fiji -24 and Ireland -28 ( no total points in game on this one on my online bookies)

No hard feelings if they don't win, see the Oz 'proper rugby' team play Wales on Saturday. My bookies have Oz to win, -5 on the handicap. What you reckon? I think Oz will win that one by more than 5 (but I dislike Wales!)
    Yep, yep.
    Thats worth a look.

and it's here for all to see afterwards 🙂

(You'd think they'd win by more than 5 .. )
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    10 Nov '17 00:25
    You would, KA

You are Oz!

Wait til they play England!
  7. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    10 Nov '17 04:07
    Originally posted by @blood-on-the-tracks
    Cheers, Champ

Hard to know which team will turn up on the day for both sides.

On recent form I think the Wallabies should beat them easily but with a big Welsh crowd behind them the home side might surprise.

My tip, stick to the rugby league, if not take the Aussies by 5 or more. Don't hold me to this, I don't follow the union very closely.
  8. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    10 Nov '17 06:08
    Those extra couple of points make a difference!!

But I'm not betting online right now... my oldmate tried some dodgy crap. I goto TAB which is now .... ummm ,, you know the one? F--- there are so many.

Anyway I'll get back here after the 3rd game (my picks) for round up and next weeks predictions. Cheers.
    What state TAB are you betting on. I'm in NSW but other state TAB's offer different prices.

Fingers crossed for you mate. If you collect then so should I. Gotta get through the first one tonight (Fiji) which should be easy enough if Hayne plays well.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    10 Nov '17 19:311 edit
    Originally posted by @radioactive69
    What state TAB are you betting on. I'm in NSW but other state TAB's offer different prices.

Fingers crossed for you mate. If you collect then so should I. Gotta get through the first one tonight (Fiji) which should be easy enough if Hayne plays well.
    Good start. Vunavalu knew what the spread was. 3 tries in ten mins...
    Fiji by 28
    I'm in Brisbane
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    11 Nov '17 03:361 edit
    my mate reckons Aussies are ready to crumble.

Hmmm ...
    Lets see what Tonga can do against NZ first.
    I smell an upset.
  11. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    11 Nov '17 03:46

Hmmm ...
    I smell an upset.
    Experience will stop them. On paper I think they are the better team and believe later in the tournament they'll beat NZ (if they meet again) but they need a few more games under their belt to get the experience that will be needed to beat the top teams. If Johnston has a quiet game today though the Tongans will get them. They are big and fast.

NZ by 10+ but should be a great game.
  12. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    11 Nov '17 04:531 edit
    Half time and we're looking good. NZ 16 Tonga 2.

Looks like a big payday coming again this week. Just need NZ to keep playing the way they did in the first half and this game will be in the bag.
  13. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    11 Nov '17 04:55

Hmmm ...
    I smell an upset.
    You need your nose checked then KA. Not sure what you're smelling but it doesn't look like an upset at this stage. NZ experience in the halves totally dominating the Tongan halves.
  14. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    11 Nov '17 05:32
    OMG.......Tonga going apesheet in the 2nd half. What a game !!! From standing in the pay queue to sweeping the street. Common NZ get some ball !!
  15. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    11 Nov '17 06:05
    Wow, what a game. Full time Tonga 28 NZ 22.

If you didn't catch that game live then download and watch it. You don't need to be a rugby league fan to appreciate that game. Tonga looked dead at halftime but their mighty spirit prevailed and they looked like world beaters in the 2nd half.

NZ looked very ordinary in the 2nd half and I think their World Cup is over. Fiji will beat them next week if they play like that. All honours though to Tonga who have beaten a tier 1 team for the first time.

Australia beware, Tonga are coming to get you !!!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree