1. Subscriberinvigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    Buxted UK
    Moves
    17 Sep '08 22:21
    Bring it on - Bring it Home - come on Europe.
  2. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    19 Sep '08 14:05
    There are not many sporting occasions I delight in more than our EOY spanking of the septic tanks.
  3. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    19 Sep '08 15:55
    I always liked the fact that the US plays against all of Europe. Europe doesn't have enough talent in one country to stand up to the US. Imagine if the US expanded their talent base to be North America...truly continent vs continent. We would pick up Canada and Mexico, but we don't.

Then when we play the President's cup it is the US against the rest of the world excluding Europe.

Maybe we should stick out our chests and brag a lot more when we win these events. The problem is, most of the US players don't really take it as seriously as the opposition does. Now that the tide has turned and the Euros come in heavily favored, we'll see if they can stand up to the pressure of the expectation of winning. I think the match will be a whole lot closer than many are predicting. I also think the US may just surprise many of them.
  4. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    19 Sep '08 19:44
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    I always liked the fact that the US plays against all of Europe. Europe doesn't have enough talent in one country to stand up to the US. Imagine if the US expanded their talent base to be North America...truly continent vs continent. We would pick up Canada and Mexico, but we don't.

Then when we play the President's cup it is the US against the rest ...[text shortened]... le lot closer than many are predicting. I also think the US may just surprise many of them.
    LOL. Post of the month!
  5. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    20 Sep '08 01:48

Then when we play the President's cup it is the US against the rest ...[text shortened]... le lot closer than many are predicting. I also think the US may just surprise many of them.
    It will be tough with Tigger, but maybe Pooh and Piglet can come through for the US this year.
  6. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    20 Sep '08 10:451 edit
    We would pick up Canada and Mexico, but we don't..
    Those well known hot beds of golfing talent, Mexico and Canada?
  7. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    20 Sep '08 19:26
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    Those well known hot beds of golfing talent, Mexico and Canada?
    Don't know that I would call them hotbeds, but I would take Mike Weir and Stephen Ames on my team, wouldn't you?
  8. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    21 Sep '08 18:37
    It is a great sporting event.
  9. Santiago
    Moves
    21 Sep '08 19:03
    I would suggest that the USA and Europe have equal population statistics. Especially if we narrow Europe down to those countries that have an active golf scene.

Stop whining. The Worlds top 20 contains more US golfers than European.
  10. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    21 Sep '08 21:10
    Originally posted by Hopster
    I would suggest that the USA and Europe have equal population statistics. Especially if we narrow Europe down to those countries that have an active golf scene.

Stop whining. The Worlds top 20 contains more US golfers than European.
    I'm not whining....the US won it against a heavily favored Euro squad. I heard the Euros sent Tiger a get well soon card. 😀😀😀😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree