1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    13 Aug '14 18:17
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    I think Tennessee missed a great chance to be the Tennessee Rednecks. Fits so much better than "Titans".
    Agree; possibly the alliteration appeal.
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    13 Aug '14 18:591 edit
    Originally posted by John Osmar
    The owner said he now recognizes the terrible stigma of being called the Washington Redskins, so he is changing the name to the Northern Virginia Redskins.
    Bears; Jaguars; Eagles; Lions; Seahawks; Rams; Colts; Ravens;
    Bengals; Dolphins; Cardinals; Broncos; Panthers; Falcons; = 14

Patriots; Saints; Titans; Raiders; Chargers; Packers; Giants; Cowboys; Jets; Steelers; Bills;
    Buccaneers; Texans; Vikings; 49ers; Chargers; Browns; Northern Virginia Redskins. = 18

Hmm... how about the PC Redskins?
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    13 Aug '14 19:12
    Originally posted by bill718
    The renaming of a football team is hardly a case for a national day of mourning.
    There's no need to overstate the concern of many Patriotic Americans who are concerned with a constitutional issue.
  4. Joined
    20 Feb '11
    Moves
    15 Aug '14 06:07
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    There's no need to overstate the concern of many Patriotic Americans who are concerned with a constitutional issue.
    Let's just say I agree with that.
  5. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    18 Aug '14 20:51
    All the names of sports teams could be racist. 49ers for example could be one hating against people who mine for gold. This one I thought of how about the Cleveland Browns that could be racist against India-Americans. I like the idea of Daniel Marc Snyder to change his name to Daniel Marc redskin.
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    18 Aug '14 22:33
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    All the names of sports teams could be racist. 49ers for example could be one hating against people who mine for gold. This one I thought of how about the Cleveland Browns that could be racist against India-Americans. I like the idea of Daniel Marc Snyder to change his name to Daniel Marc redskin.
    When the liberal media motivates sports fans to see through its own exaggerated racial prism any public arising is possible.
  7. Joined
    20 Feb '11
    Moves
    21 Aug '14 05:53
    The Cleveland Browns are named after Paul Brown, the first coach of the team.
  8. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    22 Aug '14 16:191 edit
    Originally posted by gort
    The Cleveland Browns are named after Paul Brown, the first coach of the team.
    Duh, I know that. All real nfl fans should now that! That's why the owner of the Redskins should change his last name Redskin!
  9. Joined
    20 Feb '11
    Moves
    22 Aug '14 21:01
    Duh, I know that. All real nfl fans should now that! That's why the owner of the Redskins should change his last name Redskin!
    😀
  10. Joined
    20 Feb '11
    Moves
    24 Aug '14 09:25
    All real NFL fans should know that Cleveland still has a team let alone who they are named after. I've been watching football for 37 years and I didn't know that till I looked it up.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree