1. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    18 Jan '10 20:53
    Ok, I'll hang this out I'm a Viking fan.
    Give me your reasons that you think the Saints will beat the Vikings?
    I'll contend that Brett Favre is playing with more control in his game than I have ever seen, and I watched him spank the Vikings for a LOT of years. He was stepping away from the pressure in the Dallas game with consistency, and finding the open guy. Sidney Rice is better than Randy Moss, by far. I got so tired of watching Moss just quit on routes, and now i see the same thing with the Pats.
    Fire away..:-)
  2. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    18 Jan '10 21:37
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    Ok, I'll hang this out I'm a Viking fan.
    Give me your reasons that you think the Saints will beat the Vikings?
    I'll contend that Brett Favre is playing with more control in his game than I have ever seen, and I watched him spank the Vikings for a LOT of years. He was stepping away from the pressure in the Dallas game with consistency, and finding the op ...[text shortened]... atching Moss just quit on routes, and now i see the same thing with the Pats.
    Fire away..:-)
    What does Randy Moss have to do with this game?

Why would the Saints win?

- Brees is probably a better QB at this stage than Favre

- Reggie Bush is an X factor that could slow the Vikes' pass rush with a few screens and draws

- The Saints have a better secondary

- The Saints won every big game early in the season against good teams by lopsided scores. They only started losing after they had basically clinched everything

- They're at home

- Jonathan Vilma rules
  3. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    18 Jan '10 21:50
    Originally posted by sh76

- Reggie Bush is an X factor that could slow the Vikes' pass rush with a few screens and draws

- The Saints won every big game early in the season against good teams by lopsided sc ...[text shortened]... ng after they had basically clinched everything

- They're at home

- Jonathan Vilma rules
    Vikings have Jared Allen and that other end. Farvre is great in big games. Sidney Rice is better than any NO receiver. Petersen will finally break out and have abig day. Reggie Bush is having a great playoff run, but he is no Petersen. If Vikings quite the crown early NO is too steeped in the "NO Ain'ts" the paper bags will come out and get replaced on their heads! Also, Vikings can play keep away by establsihing long drives and cooling off Brees!
  4. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    18 Jan '10 23:12
    Originally posted by sh76

- The Saints won every big game early in the season against good teams by lopsided sc ...[text shortened]... ng after they had basically clinched everything

- They're at home

- Jonathan Vilma rules
    Humm? Ok I'll give you 3 points for home field.

Brees VS Favre is a great match-up. But Favre is playing his best football of his career. NO will have to work hard at disguising the defense.
    NO has a great secondary, granted. Minnesota has a great front 4, which makes life in the secondary better. Ray Edwards from RDE and Allen from LDE and of course the Williams guys.
    I threw Moss in, because it seems there is this auro of minnesota recievers having to live up to his talent. Sidney Rice made a catch yesterday, that just blew me away. He seems to not even look at the ball, but there it is and he's gone.
    I'll have to look more at NO stats though. I knew harvin would never get a chance to run a long ball back against dallas. The guy has a very strong leg.
    I also think the dallas D basically played ok, Favre had a good day avoiding the rush. Those happen.
  5. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    18 Jan '10 23:54
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    Humm? Ok I'll give you 3 points for home field.

Brees VS Favre is a great match-up. But Favre is playing his best football of his career. NO will have to work hard at disguising the defense.
    NO has a great secondary, granted. Minnesota has a great front 4, which makes life in the secondary better. Ray Edwards from RDE and Allen from LDE and of course ...[text shortened]... think the dallas D basically played ok, Favre had a good day avoiding the rush. Those happen.
    I'm not saying NO will win; I think it's a toss-up. But, there are plenty of reasons to think they might.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree