SB pick, Go Packers!

SB pick, Go Packers!

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s

Moves
02 Feb 11

I picked them as dogs and as favorites in NFC CG. Gotta stick with them! Go, Cheese Nation!

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
04 Feb 11

The Pack have held on to win 3 games in the last month by last drive INTs. A third string QB who had thrown 13 passes in his career almost beat them in their last game.

Big Ben won't make game losing decisions down the stretch. The Steelers have a better D and running game. I think they win 24-14.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
04 Feb 11

I am inclined to agree with No1.

I am picking Pittsburgh to win for several reasons.

1. Experience (recently) in the Super Bowl.

2. Defense is stingy and offense is potent.

3. Big Ben knows how to win big ball games.

rc

Moves
04 Feb 11

Originally posted by scacchipazzo
I picked them as dogs and as favorites in NFC CG. Gotta stick with them! Go, Cheese Nation!
i am going with da Steelers cause my friend Eric Lefavour wife likes them (although she loathes their owner, something about attempted rape i think)

s

Moves
04 Feb 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
i am going with da Steelers cause my friend Eric Lefavour wife likes them (although she loathes their owner, something about attempted rape i think)
Not the owner, their starting QB, Roethlisberger. Details have not been published and no indictments or prosecutions have taken place.

s

Moves
04 Feb 11

Originally posted by no1marauder
The Pack have held on to win 3 games in the last month by last drive INTs. A third string QB who had thrown 13 passes in his career almost beat them in their last game.

Big Ben won't make game losing decisions down the stretch. The Steelers have a better D and running game. I think they win 24-14.
Indeed STeelers have the #1 D versus #3 for Packers. Balances out by virtue of Packers' #4 offense versus Steeler's #9. In defensive categories the Steelers' 51 ypg rushing allowed is formidable. Packers no slouches allowing 69 ypg! All in all it looks pretty evenly matched. Steeler's D looks less formidable with a Polamalu slowed by injury. If Packers stop Mendenhall Steelers are in for a long day. Another key is QB pressure. If Packers look at film they'll notice the Steeler O-line is quite porous and will be even more so with Pouncey out. However, they must not allow Big Ben to wiggle out the grasp.I agree Roethlisberger probably won't screw it up, but neither will he be the winning factor. For Steelers the key is rattling the Packer receviers and disrupting Rodgers' rhythm. I hope the game is an excellent one!

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
04 Feb 11

Indeed STeelers have the #1 D versus #3 for Packers. Balances out by virtue of Packers' #4 offense versus Steeler's #9. In defensive categories the Steelers' 51 ypg rushing allowed is formidable. Packers no slouches allowing 69 ypg! All in all it looks pretty evenly matched. Steeler's D looks less formidable with a Polamalu slowed by injury. If Packers ...[text shortened]... the Packer receviers and disrupting Rodgers' rhythm. I hope the game is an excellent one!
Pouncey went out on the Steelers' first drive last week, but they only allowed two sacks in the entire game. The Packers only had two sacks against the Bears in 40 pass attempts. Of course, the Packer must stop the Pitt running game to have a chance; I just don't think they will consistently.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
04 Feb 11

I hope the fudge packers win.

This is going to be one of the best super bowls the last team to have the ball will win it or lose it.

My favorite finish was the rams, titans SB. I was going for the Titans in that one. 🙁

s

Moves
04 Feb 11

Pouncey went out on the Steelers' first drive last week, but they only allowed two sacks in the entire game. The Packers only had two sacks against the Bears in 40 pass attempts. Of course, the Packer must stop the Pitt running game to have a chance; I just don't think they will consistently.
Packers come in second in NFL in linebacker sacks and are ahead by 1/2 a sack with Matthews at 3.5 sacs to Harrison's three. Packers' pass rush is way better than Jet's was. In the end the one stat which is huge is Aaron Rodger's 790 passing yards, 70% comp pct and 109.2 rtg vs Big Ben's 56.9% 359 yds and 75.5 passer rtg . Big Ben was not even top five in playoffs. Starks has rushed for almost twice the yards mendenhall has. Big Ben's stats are dismal and he's gotten away with bad games up to now. Since both D's are pretty stout scoring may be hard to come by. I'll always take the team with the better offense since the D's are essentially about as good as each other's. It will boil down to the better offense.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
04 Feb 11
1 edit

Packers come in second in NFL in linebacker sacks and are ahead by 1/2 a sack with Matthews at 3.5 sacs to Harrison's three. Packers' pass rush is way better than Jet's was. In the end the one stat which is huge is Aaron Rodger's 790 passing yards, 70% comp pct and 109.2 rtg vs Big Ben's 56.9% 359 yds and 75.5 passer rtg . Big Ben was not even top f e essentially about as good as each other's. It will boil down to the better offense.
The Packers great pass rush got shredded by a third string QB. No matter what you say the opponents the Steelers faced in the playoffs were superior to what Green Bay faced; Big Ben made the plays necessary to beat two SB contenders. Only a clown like you would assert that the Packer defense is "about as good" as the Steelers.

And Starks has had one good game in his entire career; the playoff game against Philly. In the two other playoff games, he averaged about 3 a carry and he had a grand total of 101 yards rushing during the season. Medenhall rushed for 1,273 yards and 13 TDs this year and had 121 yards against the tough Jet D. There's no comparison between the two.

s

Moves
04 Feb 11
1 edit

The Packers great pass rush got shredded by a third string QB. No matter what you say the opponents the Steelers faced in the playoffs were superior to what Green Bay faced; Big Ben made the plays necessary to beat two SB contenders. Only a clown like you would assert that the Packer defense is "about as good" as the Steelers.

And Star ...[text shortened]... s this year and had 121 yards against the tough Jet D. There's no comparison between the two.
Of course there's no comparison. One has double the yards of the other in the playoffs. Your much vaunted Mendenhall has a 3.6 avg per carry and a measly 169 yards. Starks has a 3.8 avg per carry. Both playoff stats. Starks was injured during the season. Hence the measly reg season stats. He has tunred it on when it counts. No one said GB's D is better. I clearly state Steelers #1, GB #3. Overall the GB secondary is better in INT's 6-1 in GB's favor. Steeler front seven is better. The stats separating them are minimal as there is very little difference between the top five D's. Steelers have allowed 21.5 pts/gm, GB 17 pts/gm. I thinks GB bends, but does not break. Steelers and GB were both lucky to hang on for wins. Steelrs would have lost had it not been for boneheaded goal line calls by opponent. GB won on a great defensive play. They were not handed the victory. Three road wins against higher seeded teams will always be viewed as beating stronger opposition, including having beaten dark horse favorites Phillie and conf leader Falcons. You seem to think GB cakewalked into the SB. Road wins are very tough in NFL let alone in post-season.

Isolated Pawn

Wisconsin USA

Moves
06 Feb 11

Go Pack Go!!!!!!!

s

Moves
06 Feb 11

Originally posted by ketchuplover
Go Pack Go!!!!!!!
Aye to that! I am watching the game with a bunch of cheeseheads at a friend's house. New TV, great people, and only one Steeler fan will be in attendance! My son who is irked they eliminated his Bears!

s

Moves
07 Feb 11

I guess I'm not going to hear from resident football experts! NO well done, scacchidude. No lump taking at all! Well guess what? Who cares! Packers won and I can gloat! So much for all the knowledge combined. Failed to pick the college game right and now the SB! Packers bent, but did not break. Steelers showed they belonged, but Vegas was right and Steelers were true dogs! Rodgers as MVP instead of Big Ben. Vaunted Mendenhall ran for exactly 63 yds and a fumble! Stud runner indeed! STeelers had the SB experience it was said, but coughed up the ball three times! Two picks, including a pick six! Even though refs obviously wanted them to win and made all sorts of dubious calls gainst them Packers showed true grit!

Isolated Pawn

Wisconsin USA

Moves
07 Feb 11

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 🙂