7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Feb '09 18:59
    Me. Plan is:

1) Get job on 5 mil a year 2 year contract
    2) Lose next 15 games and get sacked
    3) Walk away with remainder of 10 mil negotiated pay-off

Nice work....feel real sorry for these people!!
  8. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    09 Feb '09 21:481 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Me. Plan is:

1) Get job on 5 mil a year 2 year contract
    2) Lose next 15 games and get sacked
    3) Walk away with remainder of 10 mil negotiated pay-off

Nice work....feel real sorry for these people!!
    I think he signed a 4 and a half year contract. All you have to do to get that type of contract is to win a world cup. No worries, eh?

Seems Abramovich has more money than sense.

D
  9. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    09 Feb '09 23:00
    he was sacked to early. he wasn't given enough money and i'm not sure he knew what he going getting into when he accepted the job...other than a nice payday when he got sacked.

n. ireland could use a world cup winning coach, i wonder if he'll work for free.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Feb '09 23:43
    Originally posted by trev33
    he was sacked to early. he wasn't given enough money and i'm not sure he knew what he going getting into when he accepted the job...other than a nice payday when he got sacked.

n. ireland could use a world cup winning coach, i wonder if he'll work for free.
    Roman seems like a typical business person taking a typical Russian approach to sport i.e hire and fire. He loves the game no doubt about that, but doesn't seem to be able to step back far enough and let his people do thier jobs. Shevy purchace was a prime example interference.

I'd like to see Martin O'Neil of someone of that 'proven but stable' ilk.
  11. St. Paul, Minnesota
    Moves
    09 Feb '09 23:47
    Only a moron would take that job -- if they want to actually manage a club. If they want a nice payout when they get fired, make sure your contract is to your liking and take the job.

I think that Hiddink is the only coach that would have a chance at meeting Roman's expectations other than Mourinho and Ferguson. Mourinho is out of course and can't see Ferguson managing another club before retirement. I personally think that Hiddink is too stubborn in wanting to do things his own way (much like SAF & Mourinho) to take the job unless such power was written directly into the contract in iron clad terms.
  12. Joined
    17 Mar '04
    Moves
    10 Feb '09 00:06
    dun matter, they're shacked in their state.
  13. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    10 Feb '09 08:01
    Hey, Chelski should get Kinnear on board.

In a worst case scenario, you gotta pay him nil, since he will get a heart attack next draw with Hull and pass away in the pitch.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Feb '09 12:531 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Roman seems like a typical business person taking a typical Russian approach to sport i.e hire and fire. He loves the game no doubt about that, but doesn't seem to be able to step back far enough and let his people do thier jobs. Shevy purchace was a prime example interference.

I'd like to see Martin O'Neil of someone of that 'proven but stable' ilk.
    i doubt O'Neil would take the job, he likes to make his own decisions and is he not doing alright with Villa anyway, while at Celtic he was a legend and a folk hero! it seems to be a Russian/Eastern mentality that those who own the clubs think that they can make better decisions than the people they hire, Romanov tried it at Hearts with George Burley and Burley told him where to get off, they were unbeaten up until that point and after he left went spiraling downwards!
  15. Standard memberFleabitten
    Love thy bobblehead
    Moves
    10 Feb '09 14:12
    I'm sure Harry Redknapp's available.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree