Moves
    11 Jan '07 17:08

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Standard memberIchibanov
    King of slow
    Moves
    11 Jan '07 17:36
    I say let the country keep pulling for the Saints. A little more "us against the world" can only strengthen the Eagles' psyche. If we learned anything this season it's that Reid's thing about looking for players with character has paid dividends this season. What they've done since McNabb was hurt is almost unbelievable. I know they've pulled that "Power of One" thing out in years past, but this time it's for real. This is the most cohesive and determined Eagles team we've had in a long time.

I really don't know how Saturday will go. I think the Vegas line of 5 1/2 points is probably about right. Maybe a little high, but the Saints should be more than a FG favorite due to talent, home field and rest. For sure the Eagles secondary is going to have their hands full with that passing game since Sheppard is out. But, NO might have the same sort of problem when Runyan and Co get the running game going. If the Eagles can establish the run, I think it'll be a close game and that favors the birds due to their playoff experience.

I do know that, win or lose, this team is going to play tough, team football.
  3. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    11 Jan '07 17:50

4. over there
    Moves
    11 Jan '07 20:46
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    The Eagles are hot right now. I think they will crush the Saints. I believe that part of the reason why they did so well this year was because everyone felt sympathy for them.
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    11 Jan '07 20:49
    Originally posted by Falco Lombardi
    The Eagles are hot right now. I think they will crush the Saints. I believe that part of the reason why they did so well this year was because everyone felt sympathy for them.
    The kiss of death, Sasquatch.

I'm sure that the other professional football players' pity for the professional football players on the Saints had a huge effect.
  6. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    11 Jan '07 21:21

7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    11 Jan '07 21:32
    Actually, I think the Eagles have a good chance of winning. But it's down my list of games to wager on.
  8. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    11 Jan '07 21:37
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Actually, I think the Eagles have a good chance of winning. But it's down my list of games to wager on.
    Give us some hot tips, Jimmy the Geek! Who do you like in the Chargers-Pats game?
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    11 Jan '07 21:411 edit
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Give us some hot tips, Jimmy the Geek! Who do you like in the Chargers-Pats game?
    The people have spoken; I guess I must give my picks. In descending order of confidence:

Ravens -4 over the Colts
    Seahawks +9 over the Bears
    Eagles +5 Saints
    Pats +5 Chargers

EDIT: Maybe Red Night could give his, though when they turn out to be wrong, he'll say he changed his mind and bet correctly (see his take on the BCS Championship game AFTER it was played).
  10. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    11 Jan '07 21:53

11. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    11 Jan '07 21:591 edit
    The Saints have little playoff experience while the Eagles are loaded with players who have been there before. I don't see the Saints blowing them out: the Saint run defense was terrible this year and Westbrook is on a roll. I think the Eagles will play a ball control offense, so I don't know about the over. What is it anyway; it's not in my local paper. I'm guessing 45 or 46.

EDIT: 49 seems a bit high; check out buffettgambler's first post here: http://forum.therx.com/showthread.php?t=445971
  12. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    11 Jan '07 22:07

13. 1. e4!!
    Moves
    14 Jan '07 04:25
    Your eagles put up a good fight.
  14. Burnsville, NC, USA
    Moves
    14 Jan '07 05:16
    Falco hasn't picked a game right all year. I just look to see who he is supporting and bet on the other team. Michigan, OSU, OU, Philly, Baltimore, Dallas - he is money in the bank.
  15. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    14 Jan '07 13:20
    Originally posted by CliffLandin
    Falco hasn't picked a game right all year. I just look to see who he is supporting and bet on the other team. Michigan, OSU, OU, Philly, Baltimore, Dallas - he is money in the bank.
    Careful. You're gonna jinx a reliable method, and if he's ever correct he'll become insufferable.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree