1. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    28 Aug '12 22:17
    Russel Wilson!

Too bad the Cards still don't know who they'll be using or maybe they just need the advantage of surprise to have a chance? Either way my Hawks are definitely contenders this year now that we got rid of Tarvarus Jacka$$.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    28 Aug '12 23:56
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    Russel Wilson!

Too bad the Cards still don't know who they'll be using or maybe they just need the advantage of surprise to have a chance? Either way my Hawks are definitely contenders this year now that we got rid of Tarvarus Jacka$$.
    They're contenders for a Top Ten draft choice.
  3. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    29 Aug '12 00:53
    Russel Wilson!

Matt Flynn is a better QB and has experience.
    Never sure what the hell Pete Carroll is doing though.

Prediction.... Seahawks will play in the same number of playoff games as will the Mariners....NONE.
  4. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    29 Aug '12 19:54
    Ha. Matt Flynn did not perform even close to as well as russel wilson has this preseason... #1 Defense in the Nation! Watch out!
  5. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    29 Aug '12 20:23
    Ha. Matt Flynn did not perform even close to as well as russel wilson has this preseason... #1 Defense in the Nation! Watch out!
    Important word "pre-season"

I highly doubt that the Seattle defense will come close to the Texans defense or the
    Ravens defense to name a couple.
  6. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    29 Aug '12 20:47
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Important word "pre-season"

I highly doubt that the Seattle defense will come close to the Texans defense or the
    Ravens defense to name a couple.
    I do agree that they probably won't be #1 during the regular season but they will have the #1 secondary and at least a top five overall defense.

You forget that their front line has Red Bryant and Chris Clemens. Bryant is much improved and will likely get anywhere from 6-10 sacks this year and Clemens will hopefully improve on last seasons 11 sacks.

You also must remember that the Hawks have on of the hardest stadiums to play in for opposing teams and if you add a suffocating defense that combines to give them an extremely realistic chance of winning every home game this year like they did their super bowl year so if they only go .500 on the road they should at least win 10 games this year which is definitely wild card worthy.

I don't see why you think the Texans or Ravens should have a "much" better defense? I actually doubt they will... last year the Hawks only gave up 2.3 pts per game more than Houston and 3.1 more than the Ravens. The Hawks defense only really came on in the second half of the season and this year will be much improved so they are already close to both of these defenses. The only defense that should be noticably tougher is the Steelers. The 49ers had a tough defense last year but they also played quite a few lame ducks on the path to those stats they had.
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    29 Aug '12 23:571 edit
    I do agree that they probably won't be #1 during the regular season but they will have the #1 secondary and at least a top five overall defense.

You forget that their front line has Red Bryant and Chris Clemens. Bryant is much improved and will likely get anywhere from 6-10 sacks this year and Clemens will hopefully improve on last seasons 11 sacks.

e last year but they also played quite a few lame ducks on the path to those stats they had.
    The 49ers played the same schedule as the Seahawks except they played Detroit and Tampa Bay from the NFC North and South respectively while you played Chicago and Atlanta. The two teams they played scored a total of 761 points while the two you did scored 755. Claiming the 49ers only had good defensive stats because they played "quite a few lame ducks" while playing up the inferior stats of the Seahawks who played an almost identical schedule is just "homer" talk.
  8. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    30 Aug '12 02:18

I don't see why you think the Texans or Ravens should have a "much" better defense? I actually doubt they will... last year the Hawks only gave up 2.3 pts per game more than Houston and 3.1 more than the Ravens. .
    How many games are lost by 3 points or less?

That is a HUGE difference in total defense.
  9. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    30 Aug '12 19:33
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    The 49ers played the same schedule as the Seahawks except they played Detroit and Tampa Bay from the NFC North and South respectively while you played Chicago and Atlanta. The two teams they played scored a total of 761 points while the two you did scored 755. Claiming the 49ers only had good defensive stats because they played "quite a few lame ducks" w ...[text shortened]... inferior stats of the Seahawks who played an almost identical schedule is just "homer" talk.
    Except they also played against the Seahawks twice who had one of the worst offenses last year. "Lame Ducks" I knew you wouldn't get it... get you're facts right the next time you try to be pedantic.
  10. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    30 Aug '12 19:47
    How many games are lost by 3 points or less?

That is a HUGE difference in total defense.
    Its not when you realize that I said the Hawks defense only really came on in the second half of the season which is a big reason they went 2-6 in the first half and 5-3 in the second half.
  11. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    30 Aug '12 19:52
    Its not when you realize that I said the Hawks defense only really came on in the second half of the season which is a big reason they went 2-6 in the first half and 5-3 in the second half.
    That's an unusually stupid argument for a "homer"; "Well it's not fair to compare their defense with ours because our offense sucked". BTW, it still does, so I can guess their defensive stats will be similarly inflated this year.
  12. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    30 Aug '12 20:351 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    That's an unusually stupid argument for a "homer"; "Well it's not fair to compare their defense with ours because our offense sucked". BTW, it still does, so I can guess their defensive stats will be similarly inflated this year.
    It actually doesnt lol I guess you're just another hater on the tab. You'll see... the Jets offense sucks... the Hawks offense is going to be average to good.

But if last years Hawks defense played their offense twice last year instead of the 49ers offense it would have probably shaved a couple points off of their average.
  13. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    02 Sep '12 14:28
    Hard to see Seahawks going anywhere, but defense indeed should be better so one never knows. We hope you're right and some excitement is added by the non usual suspects being around come playoff time. Better chances than the jets!
  14. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    02 Sep '12 15:43
    It actually doesnt lol I guess you're just another hater on the tab. You'll see... the Jets offense sucks... the Hawks offense is going to be average to good.

But if last years Hawks defense played their offense twice last year instead of the 49ers offense it would have probably shaved a couple points off of their average.
    Latest power ratings show the mighty Seahawks at #18 out of 32.

That is in the lower half of the league.

Guess they haven't impressed anyone else yet....

By the way....where did those Mariners run off to??
    Weren't they playoff bound by your proclamation?
  15. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    03 Sep '12 04:20
    Latest power ratings show the mighty Seahawks at #18 out of 32.

That is in the lower half of the league.

Guess they haven't impressed anyone else yet....

By the way....where did those Mariners run off to??
    Weren't they playoff bound by your proclamation?
    The Ms are still playing good ball... but so is everybody ahead of them in the WC race... The AL West is probably the toughest Division this year.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree