Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Sports Forum

Sports Forum

  1. 11 Dec '12 23:51
    http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teameff

    They were #4 until they thrashed the Cardinals.... poor little NY Giants are 7th and Houston Texans are 8th.

    So, my team is better than both No1's and Shorty's teams.

    'Nuff said
  2. Subscriber shortcircuit
    The Energizer
    12 Dec '12 01:07
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teameff

    They were #4 until they thrashed the Cardinals.... poor little NY Giants are 7th and Houston Texans are 8th.

    So, my team is better than both No1's and Shorty's teams.

    'Nuff said
    Too bad team efficiency ratings don't get you to the Super Bowl...only wins and losses.

    I am quite sure Houston was MUCH higher rated prior to last night's debacle.

    This is all fluff. Hang your hat on it if you want to, but Seattle is not Bowl Bound.
  3. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    12 Dec '12 01:08
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teameff

    They were #4 until they thrashed the Cardinals.... poor little NY Giants are 7th and Houston Texans are 8th.

    So, my team is better than both No1's and Shorty's teams.

    'Nuff said
    Sure they are. After all, they've hoisted all those Super Bowl trophies.

    BTW, your team is in second place in their division; the Giants and Texans are not.
  4. 12 Dec '12 01:13
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Too bad team efficiency ratings don't get you to the Super Bowl...only wins and losses.

    I am quite sure Houston was MUCH higher rated prior to last night's debacle.

    This is all fluff. Hang your hat on it if you want to, but Seattle is not Bowl Bound.
    You don't move too many rankings in DVOA from one game... they were 7th last week basically flip flopping with the Giants.
  5. 12 Dec '12 01:17
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Sure they are. After all, they've hoisted all those Super Bowl trophies.

    BTW, your team is in second place in their division; the Giants and Texans are not.
    All that matters is whoever does it this year... which is probably the Pat as they won't have much competition on the way to the SB this year but if the Hawks win out heading in to the playoffs I don't think there will be a single team that wants to play against them.
  6. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    12 Dec '12 01:26 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    All that matters is whoever does it this year... which is probably the Pat as they won't have much competition on the way to the SB this year but if the Hawks win out heading in to the playoffs I don't think there will be a single team that wants to play against them.
    Here's the same rankings for last season: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teameff2011


    The Giants were 12th. Somehow that didn't stop them for winning the SB. And they only beat 4 teams in a row in the playoffs with higher rankings under that system.
  7. 12 Dec '12 02:10
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Here's the same rankings for last season: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teameff2011


    The Giants were 12th. Somehow that didn't stop them for winning the SB. And they only beat 4 teams in a row in the playoffs with higher rankings under that system.
    So what? We can't speculate who will be the best team come the superbowl with any guarantee. We can only deal with the here and now and right now the seahawks are ranked second and playing well in December. How many teams that start runs in december go on to win the SB? I know th steelers did it in 2005 against the seahawks and the G-men have done it twice recently as well. If they win out I see them extending the run into the playoffs.
  8. Subscriber shortcircuit
    The Energizer
    12 Dec '12 04:41
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    So what? We can't speculate who will be the best team come the superbowl with any guarantee. We can only deal with the here and now and right now the seahawks are ranked second and playing well in December. How many teams that start runs in december go on to win the SB? I know th steelers did it in 2005 against the seahawks and the G-men have done it twice recently as well. If they win out I see them extending the run into the playoffs.
    No, YOU are speculating that the Seahawks are the second best team based on some
    arbitrary ratings that do not reflect wins, nor do they determine the outcome of Super Bowl
    competitors.
  9. Subscriber shortcircuit
    The Energizer
    12 Dec '12 14:05
    LMAO!! I just saw John McClain's NFL Power rankings.

    1. New England
    2. Denver
    3. Atlanta
    4. Houston (down form # 1)
    5. Green bay
    6. San Francisco
    7. Indianapolis
    8. Baltimore
    9. NY Giants
    10. Seattle (up from #12)
  10. 12 Dec '12 19:56
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    LMAO!! I just saw John McClain's NFL Power rankings.

    1. New England
    2. Denver
    3. Atlanta
    4. Houston (down form # 1)
    5. Green bay
    6. San Francisco
    7. Indianapolis
    8. Baltimore
    9. NY Giants
    10. Seattle (up from #12)
    Not based on stats. FO is very respected... There is such a thing as a team being better than the pundits think. Especially when its the seahawks... Even homers like myself find it hard to believe they are actually good but I had a feeling about this year....last time I had a feeling they went to the SB so I'm just going to trust my instincts instead of haters. There is much bias against the Hawks so you you won't find them higher than 8th in a lot of rankings... It is also hard to see past records. For example, the Texans and Falcons are 11-2 and they suck, the Broncos are 10-3 and look really good but they are in the weakest division known to man so its hard to really gauge them... Id put em in the top ten probably but since Manning is on the team they're in the top 3 in most rankings.

    Subjective rankings are the real fluff, they rank where they think people will agree with them. Oh well, that bias just means there is great value betting on the hawks as they are usually an underdog even though they are top five in Offense, Defense and special teams according to DVOA.
  11. 12 Dec '12 21:44
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    Not based on stats. FO is very respected... There is such a thing as a team being better than the pundits think. Especially when its the seahawks... Even homers like myself find it hard to believe they are actually good but I had a feeling about this year....last time I had a feeling they went to the SB so I'm just going to trust my instincts instead of ha ...[text shortened]... derdog even though they are top five in Offense, Defense and special teams according to DVOA.
    http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2012/12/12/3756728/nfl-power-rankings-week-15-falcons-vs-giants

    Shows how biased people are against the seahawks. #1 ranking against the spread with a 9-4 record.
  12. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    13 Dec '12 01:07
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    Not based on stats. FO is very respected... There is such a thing as a team being better than the pundits think. Especially when its the seahawks... Even homers like myself find it hard to believe they are actually good but I had a feeling about this year....last time I had a feeling they went to the SB so I'm just going to trust my instincts instead of ha ...[text shortened]... derdog even though they are top five in Offense, Defense and special teams according to DVOA.
    Surely not even you are biased enough to believe that the Seahawks are "in the top five" in offense? They rank 21st in yards and are tied for 16th in points scored. I guess you can stretch it and say their offense is "average" but that's about it.

    Claiming Houston and Atlanta "suck" when they are 11-2 is mentally deranged.
  13. 13 Dec '12 01:16 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Surely not even you are biased enough to believe that the Seahawks are "in the top five" in offense? They rank 21st in yards and are tied for 16th in points scored. I guess you can stretch it and say their offense is "average" but that's about it.

    Claiming Houston and Atlanta "suck" when they are 11-2 is mentally deranged.
    top 5 in DVOA... duh. I said that.

    They do suck. Because they aren't top 5 yet they consistenlty stay up there. Top ten of course but they are boosted from their respective divisions.
  14. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    13 Dec '12 01:32
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    top 5 in DVOA... duh. I said that.

    They do suck. Because they aren't top 5 yet they consistenlty stay up there. Top ten of course but they are boosted from their respective divisions.
    "Duh" should be in front of every post you make about the Seahawks.
  15. 13 Dec '12 01:39
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    "Duh" should be in front of every post you make about the Seahawks.
    Lets see... I predicted a 10-6 or maybe an 11-5 record before a while back which looks pretty accurate down the stretch.

    I predicted the seahawks would be in the playoffs, also looking accurate.

    I predicted the seahawks would beat the patriots.

    I predicted they would beat GB, refs or not it doesn't matter... it's a W.

    Heck, with my record I should just predict them to win the SB since it seems like every time I say something about the Seahawks it comes true.