1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    13 Dec '12 02:20
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    Lets see... I predicted a 10-6 or maybe an 11-5 record before a while back which looks pretty accurate down the stretch.

I predicted the seahawks would be in the playoffs, also looking accurate.

I predicted the seahawks would beat the patriots.

I predicted they would beat GB, refs or not it doesn't matter... it's a W.

Heck, with my record I sho ...[text shortened]... to win the SB since it seems like every time I say something about the Seahawks it comes true.
    Go ahead.
  2. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    13 Dec '12 04:56
    Lets see... I predicted a 10-6 or maybe an 11-5 record before a while back which looks pretty accurate down the stretch.

I predicted the seahawks would be in the playoffs, also looking accurate.

I predicted the seahawks would beat the patriots.

I predicted they would beat GB, refs or not it doesn't matter... it's a W.

Heck, with my record I sho ...[text shortened]... to win the SB since it seems like every time I say something about the Seahawks it comes true.
    I also remember you predicted the Mariners were going to make the playoffs in baseball
    this past season at crunch time.

Of course I laughed at you then, same as I am now.
  3. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    13 Dec '12 08:261 edit
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    I also remember you predicted the Mariners were going to make the playoffs in baseball
    this past season at crunch time.

Of course I laughed at you then, same as I am now.
    I don't remember that, if I did then it must have been in partial jest because I thought they had a slim chance, which they did, and had a long winning streak before collapsing.... No matter I only root for the Mariners because I am from Seattle. If I moved I would root for whatever MLB team was closest but I'll always be a Seahawks fan.

You're just mad your team got spanked... The Seahawks haven't lost by more than a TD all year.
  4. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    13 Dec '12 15:42
    I don't remember that, if I did then it must have been in partial jest because I thought they had a slim chance, which they did, and had a long winning streak before collapsing.... No matter I only root for the Mariners because I am from Seattle. If I moved I would root for whatever MLB team was closest but I'll always be a Seahawks fan.

You're just mad your team got spanked... The Seahawks haven't lost by more than a TD all year.
    Nah, my team getting spanked didn't bother me much knowing we still have the best
    record in the NFL, we have a guaranteed spot in the playoffs, and we have a two game
    cushion in our division for the title.

Seattle has NONE of those. nuff said!!
  5. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    13 Dec '12 18:53
    Nah, my team getting spanked didn't bother me much knowing we still have the best
    record in the NFL, we have a guaranteed spot in the playoffs, and we have a two game
    cushion in our division for the title.

Seattle has NONE of those. nuff said!!
    I'm gonna laugh when they lose the division to the Colts.
  6. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    13 Dec '12 21:43
    I'm gonna laugh when they lose the division to the Colts.
    What will you do when they win?? This is what I am most concerned with.
  7. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    13 Dec '12 21:54
    What will you do when they win?? This is what I am most concerned with.
    Tip my hat to them.

Point is they probably will drop at least one to the Colts and lose the #1 seed which is the only shot they have at getting to the SB... If they have to take the hard bumpy road through Foxborough... well, we already saw how that turned out.
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    13 Dec '12 22:08
    Tip my hat to them.

Point is they probably will drop at least one to the Colts and lose the #1 seed which is the only shot they have at getting to the SB... If they have to take the hard bumpy road through Foxborough... well, we already saw how that turned out.
    The Patriots lost at home in the playoffs following 2009 and 2010 and barely eked out a win there in the finals last year. Even if they get home field advantage (which is no lock), I wouldn't be conceding them the AFC yet.
  9. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    13 Dec '12 22:441 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    The Patriots lost at home in the playoffs following 2009 and 2010 and barely eked out a win there in the finals last year. Even if they get home field advantage (which is no lock), I wouldn't be conceding them the AFC yet.
    I'm not giving the Patriots the AFC... if they end up at home against Houston in the AFC Championship then I'll give them the AFC.

The problem is they might end up playing them sooner than that if Houston tanks the division.

Edit: I just realized that the Colts could take the #1 seed.

The Colts win out and The Pats Lose against the 49ers, which is very likely since the Pats have struggled against run heavy teams with good defenses this year minus the Texans, and the Colts have the #1 seed.
  10. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    13 Dec '12 23:02
    I'm not giving the Patriots the AFC... if they end up at home against Houston in the AFC Championship then I'll give them the AFC.

The problem is they might end up playing them sooner than that if Houston tanks the division.

The Colts win out and The Pats Lose against the 49ers, which is ...[text shortened]... run heavy teams with good defenses this year minus the Texans, and the Colts have the #1 seed.
    Every team except Seattle could be simultaneously killed in plane crashes too.

That may be the only way Seattle wins.

Of course, my scenario is just as big of a dream as your prediction.
  11. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    13 Dec '12 23:02

The Colts win out and The Pats Lose against the 49ers, which is ...[text shortened]... run heavy teams with good defenses this year minus the Texans, and the Colts have the #1 seed.
    Colts need more help than that; they lose the tie breaker to the Pats, who crushed them. They'd also lose a tie breaker based on conference record if the Ravens win out. And Denver could still finish 13-3.
  12. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    13 Dec '12 23:212 edits
    Every team except Seattle could be simultaneously killed in plane crashes too.

That may be the only way Seattle wins.

Of course, my scenario is just as big of a dream as your prediction.
    Not really. The Texans and The Colts have had relatively easy schedules losing against the tougher opponents but the their real test is playing eachother twice in three weeks.

@No1 I misspoke. I thought the Colts would then have a better record than the Pats for some reason. However, I doubt the Ravens will win out with the schedule they have for the next three games. I also have the Broncos to lose at least one against either the Ravens or the Browns.

Some might laugh at the thought of the Broncs losing to the Browns but I think it is a real likelyhood since the Browns have talent and will probably be above .500 next year. These two games will be a big test for the Broncs and we'll see if they are actually what their record says.
  13. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    13 Dec '12 23:36
    Not really. The Texans and The Colts have had relatively easy schedules losing against the tougher opponents but the their real test is playing eachother twice in three weeks.

@No1 I misspoke. I thought the Colts would then have a better record than the Pats for some reason. However, I doubt the Ravens will win out with the schedule they have for the ne ...[text shortened]... es will be a big test for the Broncs and we'll see if they are actually what their record says.
    I don't think the Ravens will win out.

Cleveland is playing much better, but beating the Broncos in Denver is a long shot for them. The Browns have only one road win and that was eked out against the Raiders.

The Texans beat Denver and Chicago on the road and crushed the Ravens. Their schedule doesn't look particularly easy to me.
  14. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    13 Dec '12 23:40
    Interesting article here vis-a-vis the Texans and the Pats: http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/68389/on-the-texans-potential-in-a-pats-rematch

It points out that in 2010 the Patriots destroyed the Jets 45-3 on a Monday night in Week 13, but then the Jets upset them in Foxboro in the playoffs.
  15. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    13 Dec '12 23:501 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I don't think the Ravens will win out.

Cleveland is playing much better, but beating the Broncos in Denver is a long shot for them. The Browns have only one road win and that was eked out against the Raiders.

The Texans beat Denver and Chicago on the road and crushed the Ravens. Their schedule doesn't look particularly easy to me.
    Ray Lewis was injured in that game right?

He might be back against the Broncos but probably not. They should keep him out until the playoffs.

The Broncos were 2-3 after five weeks and that game was in week 3.

So the Ravens game is the only tough game where the Texans won unless you want to count the Chicago game but the Bears only win when their defense can put up points.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree