Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Sports Forum

Sports Forum

  1. 13 Jan '11 20:38 / 1 edit
    But there are two other arenas in different cities that may be more likely destinations.

    http://blog.seattlepi.com/seattlesports/archives/235403.asp?from=blog_last3
  2. 13 Jan '11 20:46
    If there is a city out there that deserves a new team it's Seattle. They should never have had the Supersonics taken away from them.
  3. Subscriber shortcircuit
    The Energizer
    13 Jan '11 22:55
    Originally posted by darvlay
    If there is a city out there that deserves a new team it's Seattle. They should never have had the Supersonics taken away from them.
    What makes you think they will support this team better than the last one?
  4. Standard member RBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    13 Jan '11 23:38 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by darvlay
    If there is a city out there that deserves a new team it's Seattle. They should never have had the Supersonics taken away from them.
    Why did they leave in the first place? I would think they would do better in tickets being sold then in okey ville. That would be cool to have two more teams. Then they could do the division likethe NFL or have 4 divisions of 8. Edit: after reading it though the economy sucks in sac. They would do better in seattle. The seattle star buckkets.
  5. 13 Jan '11 23:40
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Why did they leave in the first place? I would think they would do better in tickets being sold then in okey ville. That would be cool to have two more teams. Then they could do the division likethe NFL or have 4 divisions of 8.
    They left because they were screwed out of Seattle. The new owners are from Oklahoma.
  6. Subscriber shortcircuit
    The Energizer
    14 Jan '11 16:22 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    They left because they were screwed out of Seattle. The new owners are from Oklahoma.
    No, they weren't screwed out of Seattle.
    Seattle couldn't find any local ownership interest who found them a viable investment.
    The sellers took the best offer they received from the current ownership, who had every intention of moving the franchise.

    If Seattle had supported the team better, they would have been more lucrative and attractive to local ownership.
    Jeez Paul Allen could have bought them with pocket change, and yet he passed. Think about it.
  7. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    14 Jan '11 17:08
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Jeez Paul Allen could have bought them with pocket change, and yet he passed. Think about it.
    No he couldn't. He already owns the Trail Blazers. You cannot own multiple sports franchises in the same league.
  8. 14 Jan '11 19:48
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    No, they weren't screwed out of Seattle.
    Seattle couldn't find any local ownership interest who found them a viable investment.
    The sellers took the best offer they received from the current ownership, who had every intention of moving the franchise.

    If Seattle had supported the team better, they would have been more lucrative and attractive to l ...[text shortened]...
    Jeez Paul Allen could have bought them with pocket change, and yet he passed. Think about it.
    Its all Christine Gregoire's fault. ie they were screwed out of Seattle.
  9. Subscriber shortcircuit
    The Energizer
    15 Jan '11 16:03
    Originally posted by sh76
    No he couldn't. He already owns the Trail Blazers. You cannot own multiple sports franchises in the same league.
    Do you think he could have sold the Trailblazers if he wanted the Supersonics?

    Maybe his buddy Bill Gates would have bought it for him.
    He might have some spare change.

    Get creative man!!!
  10. Standard member RBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    15 Jan '11 19:46 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    No, they weren't screwed out of Seattle.
    Seattle couldn't find any local ownership interest who found them a viable investment.
    The sellers took the best offer they received from the current ownership, who had every intention of moving the franchise.

    If Seattle had supported the team better, they would have been more lucrative and attractive to l ...[text shortened]...
    Jeez Paul Allen could have bought them with pocket change, and yet he passed. Think about it.
    If I was in bill gates position I would have bought the team. But still he would have to be voted in as an owner.
  11. 16 Jan '11 02:59
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    What makes you think they will support this team better than the last one?
    Because they support their WNBA team.
  12. Subscriber shortcircuit
    The Energizer
    16 Jan '11 03:41
    Originally posted by MoneyManMike
    Because they support their WNBA team.
    Two problems with your argument:

    First, they are not selling out a major arena for WNBA games.
    Second, if they get the NBA back, the WNBA support will dwindle.

    So I don't think you can base your argument solely on WNBA support.
  13. Standard member bill718
    Enigma
    18 Jan '11 01:48
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    But there are two other arenas in different cities that may be more likely destinations.

    http://blog.seattlepi.com/seattlesports/archives/235403.asp?from=blog_last3
    I hope Seattle does NOT get a new NBA team. Seattle will not fork over the $$$ to build a new facility, and a new team will insist on this.
  14. Subscriber shortcircuit
    The Energizer
    18 Jan '11 02:43
    Originally posted by bill718
    I hope Seattle does NOT get a new NBA team. Seattle will not fork over the $$$ to build a new facility, and a new team will insist on this.
    THAT is precisely why they lost the Sonics!!!
  15. 18 Jan '11 17:59
    Originally posted by bill718
    I hope Seattle does NOT get a new NBA team. Seattle will not fork over the $$$ to build a new facility, and a new team will insist on this.
    Except we are building a new stadium....