1. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    13 Jan '11 20:381 edit
    But there are two other arenas in different cities that may be more likely destinations.

http://blog.seattlepi.com/seattlesports/archives/235403.asp?from=blog_last3
  2. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    13 Jan '11 20:46
    If there is a city out there that deserves a new team it's Seattle. They should never have had the Supersonics taken away from them.
  3. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    13 Jan '11 22:55
    Originally posted by darvlay
    If there is a city out there that deserves a new team it's Seattle. They should never have had the Supersonics taken away from them.
    What makes you think they will support this team better than the last one?
  4. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    13 Jan '11 23:381 edit
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Why did they leave in the first place? I would think they would do better in tickets being sold then in okey ville. That would be cool to have two more teams. Then they could do the division likethe NFL or have 4 divisions of 8. Edit: after reading it though the economy sucks in sac. They would do better in seattle. The seattle star buckkets.
  5. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    13 Jan '11 23:40
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Why did they leave in the first place? I would think they would do better in tickets being sold then in okey ville. That would be cool to have two more teams. Then they could do the division likethe NFL or have 4 divisions of 8.
    They left because they were screwed out of Seattle. The new owners are from Oklahoma.
  6. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    14 Jan '11 16:221 edit
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    They left because they were screwed out of Seattle. The new owners are from Oklahoma.
    No, they weren't screwed out of Seattle.
    Seattle couldn't find any local ownership interest who found them a viable investment.
    The sellers took the best offer they received from the current ownership, who had every intention of moving the franchise.

If Seattle had supported the team better, they would have been more lucrative and attractive to local ownership.
    Jeez Paul Allen could have bought them with pocket change, and yet he passed. Think about it.
  7. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    14 Jan '11 17:08
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Jeez Paul Allen could have bought them with pocket change, and yet he passed. Think about it.
    No he couldn't. He already owns the Trail Blazers. You cannot own multiple sports franchises in the same league.
  8. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    14 Jan '11 19:48
    Seattle couldn't find any local ownership interest who found them a viable investment.
    The sellers took the best offer they received from the current ownership, who had every intention of moving the franchise.

If Seattle had supported the team better, they would have been more lucrative and attractive to l ...[text shortened]...
    Its all Christine Gregoire's fault. ie they were screwed out of Seattle.
  9. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    15 Jan '11 16:03
    Originally posted by sh76
    No he couldn't. He already owns the Trail Blazers. You cannot own multiple sports franchises in the same league.
    Do you think he could have sold the Trailblazers if he wanted the Supersonics?

Maybe his buddy Bill Gates would have bought it for him.
    He might have some spare change.

Get creative man!!!
  10. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    15 Jan '11 19:461 edit

If Seattle had supported the team better, they would have been more lucrative and attractive to l ...[text shortened]...
    If I was in bill gates position I would have bought the team. But still he would have to be voted in as an owner.
  11. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    16 Jan '11 02:59
    What makes you think they will support this team better than the last one?
    Because they support their WNBA team.
  12. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    16 Jan '11 03:41
    Originally posted by MoneyManMike
    Because they support their WNBA team.
    Two problems with your argument:

First, they are not selling out a major arena for WNBA games.
    Second, if they get the NBA back, the WNBA support will dwindle.

So I don't think you can base your argument solely on WNBA support.
  13. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    18 Jan '11 01:48
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    But there are two other arenas in different cities that may be more likely destinations.

http://blog.seattlepi.com/seattlesports/archives/235403.asp?from=blog_last3
    I hope Seattle does NOT get a new NBA team. Seattle will not fork over the $$$ to build a new facility, and a new team will insist on this.
  14. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    18 Jan '11 02:43
    Originally posted by bill718
    I hope Seattle does NOT get a new NBA team. Seattle will not fork over the $$$ to build a new facility, and a new team will insist on this.
    THAT is precisely why they lost the Sonics!!!
  15. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    18 Jan '11 17:59
    Originally posted by bill718
    Except we are building a new stadium....

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree