1. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    21 Jan '11 13:15
    Getting a little out of hand?

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/blog/dirty-tackle/post/Paul-the-octopus-gets-large-monument-golden-urn?urn=sow-310221
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    21 Jan '11 13:40
    that's 'sir paul the octopus' to you 😛
  3. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    21 Jan '11 13:57
    Originally posted by trev33
    that's 'sir paul the octopus' to you 😛
    When was he knighted? Germany has not had royalty for quite a while. Who would habe knighted our ocotlegged critter? Surely not the queen after OctoPaul predicted England's demise correctly! I kno she descends from the Hohenzollerns via Saxe-Coburg-Gotha, but surely she's grown into "Windsor" nicely. Is she a secret krautsucker?
  4. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    21 Jan '11 15:53
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Getting a little out of hand?

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/blog/dirty-tackle/post/Paul-the-octopus-gets-large-monument-golden-urn?urn=sow-310221
    That is gay. I wish he was still alive to pick the super bowl winners.
  5. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    21 Jan '11 18:25
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    That is gay. I wish he was still alive to pick the super bowl winners.
    Paul was strictly a football octopus ( SocK-errr to you )😛
  6. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    21 Jan '11 20:43
    Originally posted by phil3000
    Paul was strictly a football octopus ( SocK-errr to you )😛
    Gladly you emphasized sock! Wasn't the game invented by playing with balls of dirty old socks? Y'all named it football only after the nfl popularized the USA version of the name! Voila! The real football was born!
  7. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    22 Jan '11 14:46
    Gladly you emphasized sock! Wasn't the game invented by playing with balls of dirty old socks? Y'all named it football only after the nfl popularized the USA version of the name! Voila! The real football was born!
    Football was invented in England , American Football was derived from the English game of Rugby ,as was your baseball, from the English game of rounders .
    The English language was invented in England and is sort of spoken in the U.S.A .
    The American flag is red,white and blue which was copied from the British red,white and blue flag !! Your capital ,Washington is named after a small back water town in the north east of England !!
    I wish you Yankee-Doodles would be a bit more creative sometimes !!😛😉😉
  8. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    22 Jan '11 15:18
    Football was invented in England , American Football was derived from the English game of Rugby ,as was your baseball, from the English game of rounders .
    The English language was invented in England and is sort of spoken in the U.S.A .
    The American flag is red,white and blue which was copied from the British red,white and blue flag !! Your capital ,Washi ...[text shortened]... th east of England !!
    I wish you Yankee-Doodles would be a bit more creative sometimes !!😛😉😉
    Never forget you also invented the toilet seat and about a hundred years later the Irish invented a hole for it after y'all invaded them! Didn't the Irish also invent TP? Got tired of using greasy fish&chips wrapper? Although it left those nice English bums nice and soft. The Irish thought it unseemly to leave their bums smelling like cod. BTW you actually can spell. Are you Irish?
  9. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    22 Jan '11 16:34
    Never forget you also invented the toilet seat and about a hundred years later the Irish invented a hole for it after y'all invaded them! Didn't the Irish also invent TP? Got tired of using greasy fish&chips wrapper? Although it left those nice English bums nice and soft. The Irish thought it unseemly to leave their bums smelling like cod. BTW you actually can spell. Are you Irish?
    And about a hundred years later those English bums smelling of cod colonised the U.S.A .. (Thats where you get Cape Cod from ,by the way )
    English ,my friend ,English . And you , 2nd generation Italian ?😛😀
  10. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    22 Jan '11 16:481 edit
    And about a hundred years later those English bums smelling of cod colonised the U.S.A .. (Thats where you get Cape Cod from ,by the way )
    English ,my friend ,English . And you , 2nd generation Italian ?😛😀
    Non sono Italiano, ma la mia moglie e dal paese piu bello n'el mondo! I grew up in Little Italy in Chicago and that's how I came to love and admire everything Italian and married an Italian. My children have Italian first names and I am at least partially fluent in Italian, self taught through opera.

I thought we got Cape Cod from Long John Silver's fish n chips basket.

Whatevs! The great sport of "soccer" is a great gift to humanity. OctoPaul only made for a funny side story. Contrary to statements made before, I have nothing but admiration for Merry Old England!
  11. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    22 Jan '11 17:12
    Non sono Italiano, ma la mia moglie e dal paese piu bello n'el mondo! I grew up in Little Italy in Chicago and that's how I came to love and admire everything Italian and married an Italian. My children have Italian first names and I am at least partially fluent in Italian, self taught through opera.

I thought we got Cape Cod from Long John Silver's ...[text shortened]... y. Contrary to statements made before, I have nothing but admiration for Merry Old England!
    Not so merry now i am afraid to say ! It's all good humour and i like yours !
    I have been to a lot of places in Europe but never Italy ,it's a place the missus and i must go to ,this year i hope ....
  12. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    22 Jan '11 17:35
    Not so merry now i am afraid to say ! It's all good humour and i like yours !
    I have been to a lot of places in Europe but never Italy ,it's a place the missus and i must go to ,this year i hope ....
    When you do go make sure to go at low season. No lines, no crowds and the tourist trap restaurants do very little business. Check with me since I could almost be a tour guide for the freakin country! There's a great book on inexpensive places to stay, "Bed and Blessings", outlining all convents and monasteries renting rooms. Cheaper and safer than hotels. In Rome we like Domus Aurelia, a few blocks from the Vatican and within walking distance of anything you'd wanna see. Bring plenty of blister medicine. Rome is such a great walking city and there's so much to see by the time you realize it you'll have put a few miles on your sneakers. Domus Aurelia is close to Trastevere, best place to eat in Rome! Stick to the mom and pop places and you will not be disappointed!
  13. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    23 Jan '11 14:10
    When you do go make sure to go at low season. No lines, no crowds and the tourist trap restaurants do very little business. Check with me since I could almost be a tour guide for the freakin country! There's a great book on inexpensive places to stay, "Bed and Blessings", outlining all convents and monasteries renting rooms. Cheaper and safer than hotel ...[text shortened]... st place to eat in Rome! Stick to the mom and pop places and you will not be disappointed!
    If we go i will certainly take your advice and pm you ,if you dont mind .Cheers
  14. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    23 Jan '11 14:33
    If we go i will certainly take your advice and pm you ,if you dont mind .Cheers
    Absolutely! Everyone should get to enjoy Italy to the fullest! I will pm you my email for when you're ready!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree