1. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    13 Jun '10 17:53
    I watched both of these (or at least major parts of both) this morning.

Question for football/soccer fans who watched these games: Were these considered good games?
  2. Standard memberclandarkfire
    Grammar Nazi
    Auschwitz
    Moves
    13 Jun '10 18:10
    I didn't watch the first game, but I personally found GHA-SBR pretty boring. I also felt the red card was undeserved, and had no idea why ghana was awarded the penalty kick. That's just me though.
  3. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    13 Jun '10 18:16
    Originally posted by sh76
    I watched both of these (or at least major parts of both) this morning.

Question for football/soccer fans who watched these games: Were these considered good games?
    Both games were snoozers of the very first order. Red cards and penalty kick well within the rules, yet one would think at this stage of a competition refs would let them play on and not call the ticky tacky crap. Soccer is already dying a slow death from lack of scoring and the refs are responsible. Every sport tries to modify rules to favor offense. Not soccer. Ghana-Serbia was better than Slovenia/algeria game.
  4. Standard memberLundos
    Back to basics
    About
    Moves
    13 Jun '10 18:471 edit
    No.
  5. Standard memberLundos
    Back to basics
    About
    Moves
    13 Jun '10 18:51
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Soccer is already dying a slow death from lack of scoring and the refs are responsible.
    Eh ... What?
  6. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    14 Jun '10 19:54
    Originally posted by Lundos
    No.
    Thank God.

I've seen paint dry that was more interesting than what I saw of those games. 10 minutes can pass and no one gets a sniff at a scoring chance.

I hope there will be better games to look forward to.
  7. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    14 Jun '10 20:38
    Thank God.

I've seen paint dry that was more interesting than what I saw of those games. 10 minutes can pass and no one gets a sniff at a scoring chance.

I hope there will be better games to look forward to.
    any argentina, brazil, chile, spain or holland match should be worth checking out for entertainment value... also germany and as hosts you have to say south africa as well. the rest of the teams are less likely to produce a match that will capture the imagination of the neutral/newbie to the game.
  8. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    14 Jun '10 21:15
    Originally posted by trev33
    any argentina, brazil, chile, spain or holland match should be worth checking out for entertainment value... also germany
    Ahem... and what about England for entertainment value?
  9. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    14 Jun '10 21:36
    Originally posted by hopscotch
    They indeed make the tabloid headlines, but football-wise they are as entertaining as watching grass grow. Rooney had no touches until 17' had elapsed and did not enter the box until 70' had elapsed. snoozers! Netherlands had more fire as did Germany. Now let's see what Spain and Brazil can do. Otherwise fairly boring cup so far! Best goal thus far has been RSA's! That was a real beauty. Where are the strikers? Most goals scored by defenses in any world cup thus far. UNtil strikers head up front and stp taking free kicks from 35M+ strikers are going to be outshined by defensemen!
  10. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    14 Jun '10 21:42
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    They indeed make the tabloid headlines, but football-wise they are as entertaining as watching grass grow. Rooney had no touches until 17' had elapsed and did not enter the box until 70' had elapsed. snoozers! Netherlands had more fire as did Germany. Now let's see what Spain and Brazil can do. Otherwise fairly boring cup so far! Best goal thus far has ...[text shortened]... front and stp taking free kicks from 35M+ strikers are going to be outshined by defensemen!
    You hate England so much I'm beginning to wonder if England somehow psychologically damaged you as a child.
  11. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    14 Jun '10 22:54
    tbh if i didn't care if they won or lost i'd find their games a bit boring. long ball up to heskey, loses it... long ball up to heskey, loses it... yawn.
  12. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    15 Jun '10 00:59
    You hate England so much I'm beginning to wonder if England somehow psychologically damaged you as a child.
    Trev33 puts it quite aptly. Unimaginative football is all England knows. If they had half the wit of the Germany bench they might score more than a goal per game even by other than defense. Rooney makes a really bad midfielder indeed. Heskey is a dinosaur like Carragher. Capello was hired because they mispronounce his name as "Cup Hello"(insert silent cokney H)! England, yawn, plays, yawn, at a, yawn, snail's, yawn, pace and even lowly USA could keep up quite well. Never forget USA let the win slip away!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree