1. Standard memberAmaurote
    No Name Maddox
    County Doledrum
    Moves
    16 Aug '07 19:04
    ...don't let the door hit you in the arse on your way out.

The big question now isn't so much whether West Ham have paid too high a transfer fee, but whether their board is maintaining his £80 k per week salary. What exactly does Curbs see in this player?
  2. Joined
    17 Mar '04
    Moves
    16 Aug '07 19:16
    BBC:

Dyer said: "I think it was well documented that I wanted to be nearer to my family, but I also see West Ham as a club that is really going places."

Kind of a slap at Newcastle as he was trying to avoid the door swatting him in the rear end, wouldn't you say?
  3. Standard memberAmaurote
    No Name Maddox
    County Doledrum
    Moves
    16 Aug '07 19:331 edit
    Originally posted by eagles54
    BBC:

Dyer said: "I think it was well documented that I wanted to be nearer to my family, but I also see West Ham as a club that is really going places."

Kind of a slap at Newcastle as he was trying to avoid the door swatting him in the rear end, wouldn't you say?
    That's almost a verbatim rendition of the text every player seems to use after signing for a new club; someone should develop a counter-script. Interesting that he doesn't mention Lee Bowyer as one his reasons for joining West Ham.

Bit surprised, though - this is very good business for Newcastle, but you can't help wonder just what exactly happened to destroy the original deal, and why West Ham's board were prepared to up the bid substantially for a player most of their fans seem to despise, judging by their message boards.
  4. Joined
    17 Mar '04
    Moves
    16 Aug '07 19:51
    Originally posted by Amaurote
    That's almost a verbatim rendition of the text every player seems to use after signing for a new club; someone should develop a counter-script.
    How about this?

While interviewing Dyer and having received the aforementioned response:

"Well, if Newcastle is indeed a sinking ship as your terse statement upon your money-grubbing departure would indicate, then you must be the proverbial rat."
  5. Standard memberAmaurote
    No Name Maddox
    County Doledrum
    Moves
    18 Aug '07 06:59
    Hahaha, nice. What Dyer suffered in his final weeks up here was deeply unfair to him, but he's a very hard person to defend - he had a terrible off-the-field reputation for arrogance in Newcastle and Ipswich (can't help wonder just how many of those charvers who egged his house had girlfriend problems directly traceable to him), and some of the hatred relates to one-off incidents like his disrepectful treatment of Bobby Robson and the captain's armband...most however simply comes from a loss of patience after eight years of constant lack of application. He'll bring pace to West Ham (every three months) which will turn a game maybe once a season, and he'll coast the rest of the way from the nearest pub. Alan Curbishley can do a lot better for seven million quid than this.
  6. 6yd box
    Moves
    18 Aug '07 10:40
    West Ham are a JOKE splashing out big money on players who are not worth it and giving them way over the top wages....

i can see a new Leeds in 12 months time😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree