12 Jun '10 20:24
    Oh, sorry, USA 1. My mistake.
  2. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    12 Jun '10 20:36
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Oh, sorry, USA 1. My mistake.
    Should have won. Gave away the win to those English wusses!
  3. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    12 Jun '10 21:03
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Should have won. Gave away the win to those English wusses!
    At least when we lost the colonial war the peasents were English and not Vietnamese !!!
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12 Jun '10 21:11
    And Viet Nam was a US colony? We went in to try to save something that the French screwed up. It was a perfect storm.

Having said all that, the US did tie the limies, which never should have happened. Have fun crying in your beer tonight.
  5. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    12 Jun '10 21:14
    Originally posted by Eladar
    And Viet Nam was a US colony? We went in to try to save something that the French screwed up. It was a perfect storm.

Having said all that, the US did tie the limies, which never should have happened. Have fun crying in your beer tonight.
    πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰
  6. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    13 Jun '10 00:51
    Originally posted by phil3000
    At least when we lost the colonial war the peasents were English and not Vietnamese !!!
    The peasants were not English. They were American. Yanks through and through. Viet Nam was assisted by Red China and treacherous scum like Jane Fonda and the commie infiltrators in US govt circles. The same ones who financed Obamania! Without insider help Viet Cong would have been toast. Ya'll lost colonial war even despite help from Benedict Arnold and other traitors. Viet Nam was a French Colony, not ours. Lastly, had we not won the "colonial war" England would be German colony.
  7. 6yd box
    Moves
    13 Jun '10 10:15
    The peasants were not English. They were American. Yanks through and through. Viet Nam was assisted by Red China and treacherous scum like Jane Fonda and the commie infiltrators in US govt circles. The same ones who financed Obamania! Without insider help Viet Cong would have been toast. Ya'll lost colonial war even despite help from Benedict Arnold and ...[text shortened]... Colony, not ours. Lastly, had we not won the "colonial war" England would be German colony.
    you must try to get your history from BOOKS!
    Not from hollywood films- they are fictionπŸ™„πŸ™„
  8. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    13 Jun '10 10:45
    The peasants were not English. They were American. Yanks through and through. Viet Nam was assisted by Red China and treacherous scum like Jane Fonda and the commie infiltrators in US govt circles. The same ones who financed Obamania! Without insider help Viet Cong would have been toast. Ya'll lost colonial war even despite help from Benedict Arnold and ...[text shortened]... Colony, not ours. Lastly, had we not won the "colonial war" England would be German colony.
    There was no such thing as an American back then !!
    We fought the French and Spanish to settle your Country ,then you traitors sided with them .Then when they helped you lot to get rid of us lot ,you turned on them !!!! Treachory ..its in you r blood !!!!
    You will all be speaking Spanish soon anyway !!!conquered by the Mexican's πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€
  9. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    13 Jun '10 12:29
    Originally posted by phil3000
    There was no such thing as an American back then !!
    We fought the French and Spanish to settle your Country ,then you traitors sided with them .Then when they helped you lot to get rid of us lot ,you turned on them !!!! Treachory ..its in you r blood !!!!
    You will all be speaking Spanish soon anyway !!!conquered by the Mexican's πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€
    Regrettably Spanish is being forced upon us more and more. We were lucky to be an English colony and not a French or Spanish one. Canada is prosperous because the French section was surrounded by English, thus the French demanded better treatment. Otherwise it would be a backwater like other French colonies are today.
    I figure us Yanks repaid in full measure in the two world wars. Us Yanks, we're a loyal bunch and like you way better than your fellow UK members. I noticed Andy Murray attend a world cup game, England-Paraguay, wearing a Paraguay shirt. At least in the issue in this thread it was our respective countries against one another. Now with the game out of the way I revert to full support of England against any opponent, excepting Italy, my fave other than USA!
  10. Santiago
    Moves
    13 Jun '10 16:44
    I don't think it is a beer crying thing. A draw wasn't the most unexpected result, and this Limey won some money on it.

My view is that some of the England players didn't turn up, and perhaps some of them are not that good. The US played well, but are not any great shakes - remember it took an horrendous gaff from our keeper to gift you the goal.

It should have been an England win yesterday. Although the US had that chance at the end, it was again down to liability keeping. Contrast that performance with Howards, and that is why the game was drawn.

The septics in the pub treated this as a victory so I guess the yanks are the happy ones. This is not a disaster for the English - early days and the other two teams in the group are shocking.
  11. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    15 Jun '10 01:04
    Originally posted by Hopster
    I don't think it is a beer crying thing. A draw wasn't the most unexpected result, and this Limey won some money on it.

My view is that some of the England players didn't turn up, and perhaps some of them are not that good. The US played well, but are not any great shakes - remember it took an horrendous gaff from our keeper to gift you the goal.

It sh ...[text shortened]... ot a disaster for the English - early days and the other two teams in the group are shocking.
    Not a beer crying thing? On good authority I hear Green has taken out a mafia protection policy just in case! Some hooligan(s) is plotting as we speak. Cannot see their team is medicore at best, snoozers at worst! Rest of country probably thought it would be like what Germany did to Australia, especially after the early fluke goal. USA should have won and put the snoozeroos out of their misery!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree