1. Cavan, Ireland
    Moves
    20 Jun '07 22:041 edit
    Hurlers - unbelivable for amateurs sportstars, they're as fit as any professional but play for the love of the game, the fastest field game in the world. for you americans who don't have a clue what hurling is
    - play ice hockey with no padding at the speed of a fast break in basketball for 70 minutes, your allowed to pick the ball up onto the stick and the other players block the ball with stick or body. if you dodge the stick, chances are it's going to smash across you but you get up and play on.
    you need two H shaped goals at either end of a 130 yard long field
    hit it over the bar and you get 1 point, under the bar 3 points

don't try this at home american kids out there, your not really though enough or fast enough, or have enough stamina,
    if there is is a local hurling club near you, give it a go
    maybe one day you'll be a professional amateur
  2. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    20 Jun '07 23:571 edit
    Originally posted by John1916
    Hurlers - unbelivable for amateurs sportstars, they're as fit as any professional but play for the love of the game, the fastest field game in the world. for you americans who don't have a clue what hurling is
    - play ice hockey with no padding at the speed of a fast break in basketball for 70 minutes, your allowed to pick the ball up onto the stick and the a local hurling club near you, give it a go
    Sounds cool. Video clip?
  3. Joined
    11 Jan '07
    Moves
    21 Jun '07 09:48
    Originally posted by RahimK
    okay wait..maybe fit wasn't the best term.

Whose body would you pick? Just the body...

If you are girl you have to pick a girl.

Guys pick a guy.

I would go with a boxers body...they look built and buff!
    whats the point? why don't you just go to the gym? ya know exercise? Then you wouldn't need to pick! πŸ˜›πŸ˜€πŸ˜‰
  4. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    21 Jun '07 10:53
    Sounds cool. Video clip?
    www.youtube.com
  5. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateβ„’
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    21 Jun '07 10:57
    a professional amateur
    😞
  6. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    21 Jun '07 11:03
    a professional amateur

Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    😞
    Rugby Union?
  7. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    21 Jun '07 17:57
    Originally posted by rhb
    www.youtube.com
    You find it for me...you don't expect me to do the searching do ya?
  8. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    21 Jun '07 17:58
    Originally posted by 1WhiteKnight
    whats the point? why don't you just go to the gym? ya know exercise? Then you wouldn't need to pick! πŸ˜›πŸ˜€πŸ˜‰
    But what is the end results? Whose body do you want?

You gotta have a goal in my mind and then measure at intervals..
  9. Cavan, Ireland
    Moves
    22 Jun '07 22:061 edit
    Sounds cool. Video clip?
    I haven't watched these videoes compeltly yet because my internet is real slow but i hope the ending don't end up real gay - like the music
    why in this first one which shows why hurling is so importart in ireland

YouTube

Also this clip isn't bad at showing some tricks, i think, once again it's the ending i'm not sure about, that one at the start is actually quite importart when your sprinting and doging fellas

YouTube

And this shows the gme in progress, the game ended in a draw again,
    replay this sunday on RTE television and i think online for anyone that's interested, not sure of the times though, should be a cracker

YouTube

the pain hurlers suffer for your club to try to become a part of the clubs ledgenary players group is something else, that makes it a real hard man's game - you have to fell a hurl smash on your helmet to realise how important it is, and a lot of players don't wear one, it's not compulsary a senior level, i know what it feels like - i'm just glad it didn't hurt me to bad

waterford V cork was some game last sunday, watch highlights of that to really see the beauty of hurling
  10. Standard memberasromacalcio
    asromacalcio
    Almaty, Kazakhstan
    Moves
    24 Jun '07 06:46
    Some good points, but none of those sports play for six hours a day for three weeks, in the French sunshine, up and down mountains, time trials. Hurlers are tough, but how long does a game last?
  11. 6yd box
    Moves
    24 Jun '07 19:18
    Originally posted by rmacken
    gymnasts
    i would say male gymnasts have fantastic physics. The classic V shape with big dealts, lats, and big arms.
  12. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    24 Jun '07 22:52
    Originally posted by spurs73
    i would say male gymnasts have fantastic physics. The classic V shape with big dealts, lats, and big arms.
    yeah, big delts and lats are key for the perfect body..
  13. Standard memberslimjim
    Death from Above
    El Paso, TX
    Moves
    25 Jun '07 00:12
    - play ice hockey with no padding at the speed of a fast break in basketball for 70 minutes, your allowed to pick the ball up onto the stick and the ...[text shortened]... a local hurling club near you, give it a go
    Sounds like lacrosse to me.
  14. Standard memberboarman
    member 001
    Planet Oz
    Moves
    26 Jun '07 03:59
    - play ice hockey with no padding at the speed of a fast break in basketball for 70 minutes, your allowed to pick the ball up onto the stick and the ...[text shortened]... a local hurling club near you, give it a go
    Whether you are an amatuer or professional has nothing to do with fitness.
    There are also different types of fitness ,you can take a marathon runner who is extremely fit and put him in a rugby game and he would tire out ,and vice versa ,put a very fit rugby player in a marathon and he wont finish.
    The cyclists in the Tour of France would have to rate highly ,Boxers are another catergory where you have to be very fit.
    So this will probably not get the required information on fittest sport.

One thing i know is that it's not Darts πŸ™‚
  15. Cavan, Ireland
    Moves
    28 Jun '07 19:35
    Originally posted by slimjim
    Sounds like lacrosse to me.
    Similar but lacrosse is for pu$$ys, hurling i much more physical and faster, lacrosse isn't the fastest field game in the world - hurling is

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree