Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Sports Forum

Sports Forum

  1. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    21 Jan '11 16:35
    This is painful, they're still talking about the game.

    Pats need to move on from Bill, NYARG!

    Pats need to move on from Brady, NYARG!

    Pats can't win a close game, NYARG!

    Pats need a new system, everyone else has the blueprint after "such and such a" game, NYARG!

    Would the Pats have won if Rex was their coach? NYARG!

    Bill is nothing without Brady, and Brady was obviously hurt... NYARG!

    Brady is nothing without Bill, and Bill got out coached... NYARG!

    The past 4 or 5 days of radio have been more painful than the game, and it's the only station I get besides political talk that's twice as depressing.

    P-
  2. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    21 Jan '11 16:39
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    This is painful, they're still talking about the game.

    Pats need to move on from Bill, NYARG!

    Pats need to move on from Brady, NYARG!

    Pats can't win a close game, NYARG!

    Pats need a new system, everyone else has the blueprint after "such and such a" game, NYARG!

    Would the Pats have won if Rex was their coach? NYARG!

    Bill is nothing witho ...[text shortened]... , and it's the only station I get besides political talk that's twice as depressing.

    P-
    Boston fans are the most apocalyptic, most pessimistic fans in America. Maybe they're conditioned based on Red Sox history.

    Whenever a New York team beats a Boston team and I go the Boston team's message board on ESPN to rub it in, they're already killing their own team so badly that nothing I could say could add anything.

    It's almost like they figure if they kill their own team, the will preempt everyone else from doing so.

    Though I can't stand them, Brady is a top 5 all time QB who has plenty left and Bellichik is one of the best coaches in history. I hope they get rid of one or the other. That would be awesome for the Jets.
  3. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    21 Jan '11 16:45
    Originally posted by sh76
    Boston fans are the most apocalyptic, most pessimistic fans in America. Maybe they're conditioned based on Red Sox history.

    Whenever a New York team beats a Boston team and I go the Boston team's message board on ESPN to rub it in, they're already killing their own team so badly that nothing I could say could add anything.

    It's almost like they figure if ...[text shortened]... es in history. I hope they get rid of one or the other. That would be awesome for the Jets.
    My God Man!

    Now there's a guy talking about the single loss season and how it relates to Spygate and what will be the first paragraph on Bill's headstone when he dies.

    CRIPES!~

    For a good laugh, go to weei.com if you can listen.

    IT IS BRUTAL!!~
  4. 21 Jan '11 18:07
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    My God Man!

    Now there's a guy talking about the single loss season and how it relates to Spygate and what will be the first paragraph on Bill's headstone when he dies.

    CRIPES!~

    For a good laugh, go to weei.com if you can listen.

    IT IS BRUTAL!!~
    Print media is not better. Has anyone talked about counting chickens before being hatched? That's why Pats lost, plus getting outcoached, out hustled, and out trashtalked!
  5. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    21 Jan '11 18:23
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Print media is not better. Has anyone talked about counting chickens before being hatched? That's why Pats lost, plus getting outcoached, out hustled, and out trashtalked!
    I still don't think they were out-coached, meaning execution on the field was sub-par for sure. The missed snap when they tried to fake a punt, the turnovers, Brady's poor performance.

    One thing I will say is I was SCREAMING for them to go hurry-up 2 minute drill near the end and they were running the ball. That clock was killing me! It's like they were running it down because they wanted a GD SNACK!~

    As for the trash talk, it's fun and funny. I prefer Bill's approach however, it's less painful when you get your bottom handed to you... and less embarrassing. Many a coach and player ate their words and regretted it when NE was on their A game.

    P-
  6. 21 Jan '11 20:45 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    I still don't think they were out-coached, meaning execution on the field was sub-par for sure. The missed snap when they tried to fake a punt, the turnovers, Brady's poor performance.

    One thing I will say is I was SCREAMING for them to go hurry-up 2 minute drill near the end and they were running the ball. That clock was killing me! It's like they w any a coach and player ate their words and regretted it when NE was on their A game.

    P-
    Very frustrating game indeed. I don't scream at the tv, but felt like it this time. The Pats simply had their hineys handed to them, but the game might have been different without the INT in the RZ and the silly fake punt! One team psuched itself up, the other out and NE certainly believed all it's hype. That 45-3 beatdown of the Jets ended up being their undoing! I frimly believe NE thought they could dial it in!