1. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    09 May '08 14:55
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=fish_mike&id=3387401

Grounds for new punishment or telling us more of what we already know?
  2. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    09 May '08 15:46
    Originally posted by darvlay

I'm shocked, SHOCKED, to find taping going on in this league
  3. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    09 May '08 18:39
    Originally posted by uzless
    I'm shocked, SHOCKED, to find taping going on in this league
    You know, all of this cheating that is coming from the Darlings of the Northeast, the beloved Patriots, is actually just their own form of retribution against the NFL because of the backlash over the stigma that their original team logo has left upon them. It seems to be pretty evident that the Pats (or "Patsies" as they used to be referred) have several scars on them (and their backsides) that time has been unable to erase. This terrible em"bareass"ment, has left them bitter and they are attempting to exact their revenge on the NFL for being the butt of too many jokes for too long. So don't judge them too harshly for their illegal actions, lest we be casting them off to a return to their early days "bowing" to the other teams in the league. Tom "Pretty Boy" Brady might be the only one to benefit from this return to the "good old days" because it is quite unlikely that any of the participants in this "revolution" could get pregnant.
  4. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    09 May '08 20:20
    look, why do you think coaches cover their mouths with a piece of paper when they talk? Or Pitchers cover their mouths with their gloves when they talk to the catcher?

It's because the other team is watching and trying to steal the sign. The fact that these guys taped it is no different than what has been going on for years.

Hell, I used to steal the other teams bunt sign when I played baseball.
  5. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    09 May '08 20:202 edits
    Originally posted by darvlay

According to Roger Goodell, Belichik already confessed to videotaping from the sidelines ever since taking over as Patriot's head coach. Walsh handed into the NFL more videotapes from the sideline. So what's new?

The spin is that this "reveals" videotaping of offensive coaches as well. Is that really news? They were videotaping coaches from the sidelines against league rules. What difference does it make whether it was offensive or defensive coaches or both? Also don't offensive plays go straight to the quarterbacks helmet via radio anyhow?

Once Goodell interviews Walsh he may find out some more interesting information as far as how and when these tapes were used. What other things were done in tandem with the taping, etc. We'll see.
  6. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    09 May '08 20:25
    Originally posted by uzless
    look, why do you think coaches cover their mouths with a piece of paper when they talk? Or Pitchers cover their mouths with their gloves when they talk to the catcher?

It's because the other team is watching and trying to steal the sign. The fact that these guys taped it is no different than what has been going on for years.

Hell, I used to steal the other teams bunt sign when I played baseball.
    Yes, this thing has been completely overblown.

It was against the rules but I would liken it more to a misdemeanor than a felony.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree