01 Jun '17 00:394 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    01 Jun '17 00:46
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    From your quoted post, could I ask where I ever said that 'black' (presumably Ms Williams) could ........master TT and defeat all the Asian champions??

You have turned this thread into a trumpeting of Chinese table tennis. Totally ignoring lemondrop's question.

Sorry, it just isn't a 'sport' that really interests the average Brit. No racism. Just doesnt
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Jun '17 00:56
    Tim Tebow is currently playing minor league baseball in the NY Mets organization. So, hey, you never know?
    I hear he can play some mean ping pong too, and give the Chinese some competition.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Jun '17 01:01

5. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Jun '17 01:26
    You are full of surprises Duchess64. 🙂

And, it sounds as if you are implying a sure victory over lemondrop, with that serve of yours?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Jun '17 01:27

7. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Jun '17 01:29

8. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Jun '17 01:351 edit

9. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Jun '17 01:421 edit

10. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Jun '17 01:50
    As much as it pains me to say, I enjoy reading your posts. You combine vast knowledge with a sharp wit, and I often laugh out loud. Too bad I'm a white American male, we could have been friends. 🙂
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Jun '17 02:051 edit

12. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Jun '17 02:07
    Lol lol lol.
    I'm sure they have Duchess64.
    😉
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Jun '17 02:15
    Originally posted by chaney3
    Lol lol lol.
    I'm sure they have Duchess64.
    😉
    So, can you bench press more than Serena? Or would that disrupt your awesome topspin ping pong serve?
  14. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    01 Jun '17 15:25
    Chester Barnes. You totally exaggerate his popularity in UK back in the 60s/70s

The BBC run an annual presentation called 'Sports Personality Of The Year', voted for by the general public. All manner of sports have been nominated into the 'top 3' at different times but, surprisingly, never Mr Barnes or any other table tennis player.

Table tennis is not a popular sport at all in the UK. It is probably on TV for an hour or so during each Olympics and/or Commonwealth Games. And that it all. It is simply a fact. Not fuelled by racism, simply not popular. Is that so hard to comprehend?

I have re read what I wrote, and not once have I insulted the players of the sport or claimed that they are not highly skilled or athletic. I am not saying that Ms Williams would defeat any current table tennis WC, either with or without intensive training.

I am merely saying that being a tennis champion IN MY OPINION gives her a slight advantage, due to the SIMILAR/LINKED nature of the 2 sports (ball, net, hand held hitting thing) in Lemondrop's posed question.

Which you have totally turned into some pro Asian sportsperson rant, for reasons known only to yourself.

If you wish, we can enter into a debate about Chinese sporting excellence, their magical 'turtle blood' training which sadly seemed to relate to failed drugs tests.

their poor showing in Olympic games when measured against total population of country

and their apparent love of the sport 'snooker', which has produced not one Chinese snooker World Champion

off you go
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Jun '17 18:18

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree