1. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Jun '17 19:03
    Update for anyone interested:

The NBA finals begin tonight, Steph Curry and the Warriors against Lebron James and the Cavaliers. It's the first time in NBA history that the same two teams have competed in three consecutive finals.

Serena Williams is pregnant, and not competing in the French Open, which has begun already. She is however at Roland Garros rooting for Venus.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Jun '17 19:272 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Jun '17 19:48

4. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Jun '17 21:03
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I am still laughing about this Duchess64. 🙂
  5. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    01 Jun '17 22:49
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I'm confused
    where have I shown ignorance in my comment's
  6. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    02 Jun '17 08:51
    Originally posted by lemondrop
    I'm confused
    where have I shown ignorance in my comment's
    it's been a while since i agreed with you
    a nice fun thread, geez talk about going off track

i would say serena would win but as it's just girls, not really sporting is it?
    girls should stick to ironing when not in the kitchen obviously.
  7. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    02 Jun '17 14:48
    Originally posted by roma45

I don't know what you mean by "it's just girls"
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    02 Jun '17 16:082 edits
    Originally posted by roma45

been a while since I agreed with you too, Roma. This lady knocks spots off us! Off topic!

I think D64 just misinterprets what I write. I have researched her often similar 'attacks' on anyone who disagrees with her , and they all take the same tone. The 'enemy' ends up ignorant/racist/a liar/a troll. Think i am on 2 out of 4.

To try to 'answer' the points she made

1) drugtaking. I would 'demonize' any athlete who takes performance enhancing drugs. There clearly have been Chinese athletes who have done this, as there have been from almost every other country, All are cheats. If that is a racist comment, please explain why.
    D64 seems to blame the coaches, NO. the athletes take the drugs. They are the cheats.

2) this 'via population' thing is a better way of assessing a countries performance at an Olympics than just 'how many gold medal' they won.
    I never said it was perfect, certainly rattled D64's cage.
    The point about athletes allowed to enter being in relation to population is weak. Each country has its representatives. If you have a larger population, you have a larger 'talent pool' (in theory) and thence more competition at the very top for places. The USA trials for the Olympics, especially in sprint events, produced finals in which great athletes failed to make the Olympics . They had to, as the USA says, 'suck it up'. Didnt stop USA winning golds across the board in sprints.
    The point about wealth is fair enough, I have never seen a table scaling Olympic medals by wealth and would be interested to see one. I am not sure China would suffer quite as badly as D64 infers.

3) I still await D64s comment on Chinese players' poor performance in the World Snooker Championship, a sport that China has (apparently) embraced, but basically struggles to make any impression at the very top end

As for the swerving into chess/maths competitions and the like, have I mentioned anywhere that I think Chinese students are NOT excellent in these things?

That, I think, will do. Still think Serena would win
  9. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    02 Jun '17 16:35
    Originally posted by Blood On The Tracks
    been a while since I agreed with you too, Roma. This lady knocks spots off us! Off topic!

I think D64 just misinterprets what I write. I have researched her often similar 'attacks' on anyone who disagrees with her , and they all take the same tone. The 'enemy' ends up ignorant/racist/a liar/a troll. Think i am on 2 out of 4.

To try to 'answ ...[text shortened]... ts are NOT excellent in these things?

That, I think, will do. Still think Serena would win
    stephen curry would win
    I just googled it
  10. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    02 Jun '17 17:19
    the match between Duchess64 and me will probably never happen
    I could never compete with beauty and brains, a description of her made by the duchess herself
    but take note
    I did score 36 straight points against my very cute and smart little sister cindy
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Jun '17 18:31
    Originally posted by lemondrop
    the match between Duchess64 and me will probably never happen
    I could never compete with beauty and brains, a description of her made by the duchess herself
    but take note
    I did score 36 straight points against my very cute and smart little sister cindy
    Even if you could overcome the beauty and brains of Duchess64, you'd still need to find a way to cope with her apparent dominating serve, with dazzling topspin. 🙂
  12. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    02 Jun '17 18:53
    Originally posted by chaney3
    Even if you could overcome the beauty and brains of Duchess64, you'd still need to find a way to cope with her apparent dominating serve, with dazzling topspin. 🙂
    if I could choose paddles
    I think I could win
    reminds me of a story told by amarillo slim a world class poker player and con man
    he once challenged a world class ping pong player to a match the only condition being that he would be allowed to choose the paddles
    he chose frying pans and won the match
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Jun '17 21:01

14. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Jun '17 21:051 edit

15. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Jun '17 21:13

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree