1. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    02 Oct '11 12:31
    Whose bright idea was it to make all postseason games "suspended games?" What absolute nonsense. That first inning and a half to the Tigers-Yankees game should have just been washed away. Delmon Young would lose a home run. So what. The game should have been replayed from the start on Saturday.

And while we're at it, are the weather forecasters in New York so incompetent that they couldn't foresee all that rain? They never should have started that game at all. Although it does work out to my personal advantage. With Verlander being moved to Monday's game, I'll be able to see him pitch instead of Scherzer.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    02 Oct '11 13:28
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Whose bright idea was it to make all postseason games "suspended games?" What absolute nonsense. That first inning and a half to the Tigers-Yankees game should have just been washed away. Delmon Young would lose a home run. So what. The game should have been replayed from the start on Saturday.

And while we're at it, are the weather forecasters in New Y ...[text shortened]... Verlander being moved to Monday's game, I'll be able to see him pitch instead of Scherzer.
    If they play anything like the comedy of errors they were last night, you'll also get to personally see the Tigers eliminated.
  3. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    02 Oct '11 13:34
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    If they play anything like the comedy of errors they were last night, you'll also get to personally see the Tigers eliminated.
    True. That was far from an auspicious start. Scherzer's ability to win on the road is also worrisome.
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    02 Oct '11 13:44
    True. That was far from an auspicious start. Scherzer's ability to win on the road is also worrisome.
    I have one question which I was yelling at the TV at the time: why not Coke to pitch to Cano? Isn't that what he was warming up for?
  5. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    02 Oct '11 13:45
    I have one question which I was yelling at the TV at the time: why not Coke to pitch to Cano? Isn't that what he was warming up for?
    TV didn't answer, huh?
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    02 Oct '11 13:56
    Looking at the stats, Alburquerque certainly had great numbers though a bit walk prone. I guess the decision made sense: Cano hits lefties about as well as righties over his career though Coke is much better against left handed batters. Touugh call either way.
  7. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    02 Oct '11 14:151 edit
    Looking at the stats, Alburquerque certainly had great numbers though a bit walk prone. I guess the decision made sense: Cano hits lefties about as well as righties over his career though Coke is much better against left handed batters. Touugh call either way.
    I think Leyland was just confident that Alburquerque could deliver a strike out.

Edit: Looking at the stats, I see that Alburquerque hadn't given up a home run all season long.
  8. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    02 Oct '11 14:46

And while we're at it, are the weather forecasters in New Y ...[text shortened]... Verlander being moved to Monday's game, I'll be able to see him pitch instead of Scherzer.
    What is the difference with a 1-1 start or a 0-0 start? The game is just shortened a
    couple of innings at worst.

But, if the Tigers had been holding a 6-0 lead when the rains came, you would have
    liked the idea.
  9. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    02 Oct '11 15:07
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    What is the difference with a 1-1 start or a 0-0 start? The game is just shortened a
    couple of innings at worst.

But, if the Tigers had been holding a 6-0 lead when the rains came, you would have
    liked the idea.
    No, I wouldn't. You take your chances, just like every other team. If you lose a 6-0 lead, then that's just too bad.
  10. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    02 Oct '11 15:32
    No, I wouldn't. You take your chances, just like every other team. If you lose a 6-0 lead, then that's just too bad.
    I don't see the harm in continuing the games, and I am as old school about the game as
    anyone. I see the DH as a travesty, but not this.
  11. Joined
    06 Aug '11
    Moves
    27 Oct '11 03:47
    I don't see the harm in continuing the games, and I am as old school about the game as
    anyone. I see the DH as a travesty, but not this.
    Its the Sabine River
  12. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    27 Oct '11 04:35
    Originally posted by mudpie
    Its the Sabine River
    Are you playing Jeopardy by yourself? If so, you needed to pose your answer in the form of a question.

If you aren't playing Jeopardy, you are either:
    a) in the wrong thread
    b) drunk as a skunk or high as a kite
    c) an idiot
    d) All of the above.

I cast my vote for D.
  13. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    27 Oct '11 14:15
    If we continue games there is much less likelihood of manipulating rain delay/ rain out rules. It just makes more sense to continue instead of make believe what started did not really happen.
  14. Joined
    06 Aug '11
    Moves
    27 Oct '11 23:59
    Are you playing Jeopardy by yourself? If so, you needed to pose your answer in the form of a question.

If you aren't playing Jeopardy, you are either:
    a) in the wrong thread
    b) drunk as a skunk or high as a kite
    c) an idiot
    d) All of the above.

I cast my vote for D.
    Oh, sorry. I thought it was you the other day who asked me what the difference was between a coon a$$ and a dumb a$$. It must have been some other dumb a$$.
  15. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    28 Oct '11 00:16
    Originally posted by mudpie
    Oh, sorry. I thought it was you the other day who asked me what the difference was between a coon a$$ and a dumb a$$. It must have been some other dumb a$$.
    Stop staring in the mirror. You are becoming delusional. Seek help immediately.🙄🙄🙄

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree