Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Sports Forum

Sports Forum

  1. 23 Aug '07 03:13
    aren't they supposed to let up after 10 or so?
  2. 23 Aug '07 04:32
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    aren't they supposed to let up after 10 or so?
    Take it to the sports forum, spanky!
  3. Subscriber cashthetrash
    PoPeYe
    23 Aug '07 05:14
    Originally posted by kenan
    Take it to the sports forum, spanky!
    Hell, that isn't just sports...thats big news.
  4. 23 Aug '07 05:17
    Originally posted by cashthetrash
    Hell, that isn't just sports...thats big news.
    what's this thread in reference to? synchronised swimming or something?
  5. Subscriber cashthetrash
    PoPeYe
    23 Aug '07 06:50
    Originally posted by chrissyb
    what's this thread in reference to? synchronised swimming or something?
    Good point Chrissy!

    The game is "Baseball".

    They play that in Australia don't they? And with this win the "Texas Rangers" broke the Major League record books. Heck it was more than just a win it was like batting practice. Looks like Boston wanted to save their arms because they sure didn't use it in that game.
  6. Subscriber Flying Dwarf
    Hunter of Texas Pete
    23 Aug '07 07:50
    Baseball......isn't that like the game 12 year old girls play called rounders?
  7. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    23 Aug '07 13:44 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    aren't they supposed to let up after 10 or so?
    It was Texas vs. Baltimore, you moron! You trying to give me a heart attack?

    P-
  8. 23 Aug '07 13:47
    It is Baltimore, not Boston who gave up the 30 runs. Furthermore, I'm not sure what a "girls sport" is but if it means the best female athletes play it and the best male athletes play other sports than soccer would certainly be considered a girls sport in the United States.
  9. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    23 Aug '07 13:54
    Originally posted by myteamtrulystinks
    It is Baltimore, not Boston who gave up the 30 runs. Furthermore, I'm not sure what a "girls sport" is but if it means the best female athletes play it and the best male athletes play other sports than soccer would certainly be considered a girls sport in the United States.
    Real Girls© play Field Hockey.



    P-
  10. Standard member Palynka
    Upward Spiral
    23 Aug '07 14:35
    Originally posted by kenan
    Take it to the sports forum, spanky!
    Take it to the PFC, spanky!
  11. 23 Aug '07 19:17
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    It was Texas vs. [b]Baltimore, you moron! You trying to give me a heart attack?

    P-[/b]
    Yes, that was Baltimore...but Boston did drop a game to TB (again), which is just as bad....
  12. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    23 Aug '07 19:30
    Originally posted by BLReid
    Yes, that was Baltimore...but Boston did drop a game to TB (again), which is just as bad....
    So Tampa just got their first win last night? Boston took the series, and you can't expect a sweep against any team in MLB. It IS as you know "MLB".

    They also got screwed by a wrong call, that wasn't a catch in the 9th, the ball bounced. I can't blame the umps for missing it, I only noticed in slow-mo.

    P-
  13. 23 Aug '07 19:54
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    So Tampa just got their first win last night? Boston took the series, and you can't expect a sweep against any team in MLB. It IS as you know "MLB".

    They also got screwed by a wrong call, that wasn't a catch in the 9th, the ball bounced. I can't blame the umps for missing it, I only noticed in slow-mo.

    P-
    All true, but they also stranded 14 runners, a reasonable portion of which would have easily negated the bad call. This is not the Offensive production that we hope for.
  14. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    23 Aug '07 20:04
    Originally posted by BLReid
    All true, but they also stranded 14 runners, a reasonable portion of which would have easily negated the bad call. This is not the Offensive production that we hope for.
    Seems they can't roll for the dice!



    P-
  15. 23 Aug '07 20:15
    Originally posted by Flying Dwarf
    Baseball......isn't that like the game 12 year old girls play called rounders?
    no, thats softball.