1. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    30 Aug '11 12:37
    Originally posted by Badwater
    I predict that, for better or worse, we'll eventually see OK and TX in a Pac-16. It'll take some time for TX to understand that they simply cannot go it alone, but that's my eventual prediction. Why? Larry Scott will come up with a money deal that they can't refuse.
    The problem is that TX can't keep their Longhorn network in a PAC 16. They would have to do like USC and be part of the PAC network with equal revenue sharing.

Being independent, TX can make alot more money with ESPN.
  2. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    30 Aug '11 14:001 edit
    Season Tickets Sold Out

"Talk of a potential move to the SEC has energized the Aggie fanbase."

"The eighth-ranked Aggies . . . will [likely] enter next season in a new conference - the one considered the nation's best for football."

With the anticipated move to the SEC, A&M has sold out of season tickets.

http://www.chron.com/default/article/A-M-football-sets-record-for-ticket-sales-2144672.php
  3. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    01 Sep '11 15:00
    The poor aggies have never been able to upstage the Longhorns.

So, they quit and run elsewhere.
    The aggies always have always been a joke.
    Now they will be a laughing stock in the SEC.

Dumb aggies.

....... eaTme !!!!!!!!
  4. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    01 Sep '11 15:47
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    The poor aggies have never been able to upstage the Longhorns.

So, they quit and run elsewhere.
    The aggies always have always been a joke.
    Now they will be a laughing stock in the SEC.

Dumb aggies.

....... e[b]aTm
    e !!!!!!!![/b]
    I am not sure the basis of your comment.

A&M is 3-2 versus UT the last 5 years.
    A&M is 9-11 versus UT the last 20 years.
    A&M is 18-17 versus UT the last 35years.

And win or lose, A&M will be in the best football conference in the country.

As for UT, they have both Iowa St and Baylor on the road this year. Ouch.
  5. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    01 Sep '11 18:06
    Hitler Learns A&M is leaving for the SEC

YouTube
  6. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    01 Sep '11 21:56
    Originally posted by moon1969
    I am not sure the basis of your comment.

A&M is 3-2 versus UT the last 5 years.
    A&M is 9-11 versus UT the last 20 years.
    A&M is 18-17 versus UT the last 35years.

And win or lose, A&M will be in the best football conference in the country.

As for UT, they have both Iowa St and Baylor on the road this year. Ouch.
    How many conference titles have the aggies won?
    How many has Texas won?

How many National championships have the aggies won?
    How many has Texas won?

Rivalry games are just that...rivalries.
    A team can salvage a lousy season by winning one.

Look at Texas vs OU
    Look at aggies vs OU

the aggies get up for playing Texas...no doubt
    How many times did the aggies beat Texas and OU in the same season?
    How many times did texas beat the aggies and OU in the same season..
    Now they get to play Texas 6 weeks a season, depending on the schedule.
  7. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    01 Sep '11 22:04
    Hitler Learns A&M is leaving for the SEC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsjhgE9CK4Y
    The aggies are so unoriginal they take this bit that created 6 years ago and change the wording.
    It was originally done by UT showing the aggies as losing to Texas, Texas Tech and Baylor
    in the same year I believe.

Yawn for originality.....poor aggies!!!

BTW, I hope the aggies like the new motto "If you can't beat'em...quit'em!!!!
  8. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    02 Sep '11 15:25
    The problem is that TX can't keep their Longhorn network in a PAC 16. They would have to do like USC and be part of the PAC network with equal revenue sharing.

http://www.statesman.com/sports/longhorns/one-more-move-and-big-12-is-over-1809134.html?cxtype=rss_longhorns&viewAsSinglePage=true

I'm not seeing Texas going independent at all. The rest is just money. Texas is big but they still need a conference and they'll need to pick a side before the super conferences fall into place.
  9. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    02 Sep '11 15:38
    http://www.statesman.com/sports/longhorns/one-more-move-and-big-12-is-over-1809134.html?cxtype=rss_longhorns&viewAsSinglePage=true

I'm not seeing Texas going independent at all. The rest is just money. Texas is big but they still need a conference and they'll need to pick a side before the super conferences fall into place.
    I would think Texas would go independent. They have their own TV deal and would have the flexibility to set their own schedule. It does seem like the most attractive teams in the Big 12 are leaving and I can't see them excited about staying in a conference with Iowa State and whoever else is willing to stay.
  10. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    02 Sep '11 16:06
    Originally posted by quackquack
    I would think Texas would go independent. They have their own TV deal and would have the flexibility to set their own schedule. It does seem like the most attractive teams in the Big 12 are leaving and I can't see them excited about staying in a conference with Iowa State and whoever else is willing to stay.
    My guess is that they will either fill out the conference, or else Texas, OU, Okla St and perhaps Texas Tech would join the PAC.

I seriously doubt Texas would go independent.
    I also don't see them going to the Big 10
  11. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    02 Sep '11 18:011 edit

Interesting link. I have seen some of that reported.

Based on all of the speculation, the only three real options are that Texas goes:
    1. PAC-12,
    2. independent, or
    3. stays Big 12.

Texas going independent is more likely than PAC 12, because as an independent Texas gets to keep their Longhorn Network intact and likely even expanded in ways, and make a lot of money. In contrast, Texas would lose control and money in the PAC-12, and not have their own independent network. Look at the media rights USC just had to give up to the PAC-12.

Big 12 will implode. Not really an option. Getting BYU ain't enough, especially because Oklahoma and others are gone. The reporting is that with Nebraska and A&M gone, Bob Stoop absolutely wants to leave the Big 12.
  12. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    02 Sep '11 18:05

As for other conferences for Texas, no way on the Big 10. Texas would get absolutely nothing in the Big 10. The Longhorn Network would be gone completely if Texas joined the Big 10.

The Big 12 is the only major conference that allows an independent network. The PAC-12 is willing to get creative with regard to the Longhorn Network, but not the Big 10 or SEC. The Big 10 or SEC each have a conference network with equal revenue sharing, a concept that is repulsive and antithetical to Texas.

It really points toward Texas becoming independent. As an independent, Texas could get even more national attention and make a lot of money with ESPN. As for A&M, win or lose, they will be in the best football conference in the country. And they will be the only SEC school in the state of Texas.
  13. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    02 Sep '11 19:32
    As for other conferences for Texas, no way on the Big 10. Texas would get absolutely nothing in the Big 10. The Longhorn Network would be gone completely if Texas joined the Big 10.

The Big 12 is the only major conference that allows an independent network. The PAC-12 is willing to get creative with regard to the Longhorn Network, but not the Big 10 ...[text shortened]... football conference in the country. And they will be the only SEC school in the state of Texas.
    The aggies repeatedly screw up wet dreams.
    This will be yet another example of the same.
    They were desperate to get out from underneath the shadow of UT.
    UT won't miss the aggies nearly as much as the aggies will miss UT.
    The whole bunch of the aggies, the corps turds, the yell leaders,
    their pissass bonfire and that sorry mutt the call a mascot can run
    like the cowards they are.

See, the aggies dream about being great....UT goes out and becomes great.
  14. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 13:04
    Plenty of rumblings. This is from George Schroeder, who also writes for SI:

http://www.registerguard.com/web/sports/26833961-41/pac-oklahoma-texas-schroeder-source.html.csp
  15. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 13:07

See the link above. The groundwork is clearly in place to accommodate Texas.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree