1. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    04 Feb '07 21:01
    1. Players that are responsible for relegating their employers teams through poor performances - made to stay with that employer for a further 12 months in the inferior League.

2. Amendment to the offside rule: No player can be classed as 'interfering with play' unless positioned in the oppositions penalty area.

3. Simulation ('diving' in old money) - punished with a straight red card - video evidence could be used afterwards to prove innocence.

4. Verbal or physical abuse of an official - punished with a straight red card.

5. Seats behind the goals to be ripped out and replaced with revolutionary standing areas for supporters!

All problems solved...
  2. Subscriberinvigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    Buxted UK
    Moves
    04 Feb '07 21:08
    Originally posted by blade68
    5. Seats behind the goals to be ripped out and replaced with revolutionary standing areas for supporters!

All problems solved...[/b]
    If we had revolutionary standing areas we would only see half the game!
  3. Subscriberinvigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    Buxted UK
    Moves
    04 Feb '07 21:14
    1. Players that are responsible for relegating their employers teams through poor performances - made to stay with that employer for a further 12 months in the inferior League.

-Happy families all round!

2. Amendment to the offside rule: No player can be classed as 'interfering with play' unless positioned in the oppositions penalty area.

-Keep the old rule.

3. Simulation ('diving' in old money) - punished with a straight red card - video evidence could be used afterwards to prove innocence.

Too subjective

4. Verbal or physical abuse of an official - punished with a straight red card.

Too subjective

I disagree from a safety point of view.I had 2 bad experiences in the 80's one where I was really squashed away end at White Hart Lane, and one relating to football violence at a smaller ground.

All problems solved...
  4. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    04 Feb '07 21:25
    Originally posted by invigorate

-Happy families all round!

-Keep ...[text shortened]... Lane, and one relating to football violence at a smaller ground.

All problems solved...
    Quite a lot of the 'new' laws in football are subjective - just look at the existing offside law!!
    Verbal abuse is not subjective. We can all lip read. If a ref is called a b or a c he should have the authority to send that player/s off. There's very little discipline in todays game.

With regard to standing areas, are you saying that anyone who wants to stand up is a hooligan?
    I stood for years on the kop at Bramall Lane and various away grounds and saw the same amount of trouble as I've seen whilst sitting, so your comment doesn't have any basis in fact.
    The only time I got crushed was queuing outside Millmoor 'cos they didn't open the turnstiles until 2.30pm.
  5. Subscriberinvigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    Buxted UK
    Moves
    04 Feb '07 22:12
    Quite a lot of the 'new' laws in football are subjective - just look at the existing offside law!!
    Verbal abuse is not subjective. We can all lip read. If a ref is called a b or a c he should have the authority to send that player/s off. There's very little discipline in todays game.

With regard to standing areas, are you saying that anyone who wants to ...[text shortened]... t crushed was queuing outside Millmoor 'cos they didn't open the turnstiles until 2.30pm.
    It is far more difficult for a group to "charge" it an all seater.
    I agree the existing offside law is stupid
  6. Joined
    16 Oct '06
    Moves
    05 Feb '07 01:14
    As far as the offside rule is concerned, this is what it should be -

If a player is past the last defender (not including GK) then he is offside. It shouldn't matter if he's lazy, mistimed his run, got a broken leg, a cramp or is just tying his shoelace - offside is offside.

That way, it's simple and everyone (including the linesmen) can understand it. If it is an injury and it's serious enough, then play will stop. If it's not serious enough to stop play then the player should get back in his own half and then hit the deck if he wants too.

If this was the rule, the amount of players going down in the opposition penalty area with cramp when they are winning would decrease significantly.

What do you all think?
  7. Joined
    07 Sep '05
    Moves
    05 Feb '07 10:21
    Too difficult for referees to be sure, and if it's a red they'll be terrified of getting it wrong, so it'll hardly ever be used.

I reckon the only solution is to use video evidence afterwards and suspend anyone who is definitely diving. Say three matches a go.
  8. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    05 Feb '07 11:48
    Originally posted by Crita
    As far as the offside rule is concerned, this is what it should be -

If a player is past the last defender (not including GK) then he is offside. It shouldn't matter if he's lazy, mistimed his run, got a broken leg, a cramp or is just tying his shoelace - offside is offside.

That way, it's simple and everyone (including the linesmen) can understand it. ...[text shortened]... ea with cramp when they are winning would decrease significantly.

What do you all think?
    This appears to be the original offside rule!
  9. Joined
    16 Oct '06
    Moves
    05 Feb '07 23:33
    This appears to be the original offside rule!
    EXACTLY!

Every 'improvement' they have made to the offside rule has just made it worse.
  10. Standard memberCityblue
    Moonchester
    Blue Moon
    Moves
    06 Feb '07 08:40

3. Simulation ('diving' in old money) - ...[text shortened]... out and replaced with revolutionary standing areas for supporters!

All problems solved...
    Revolutionary standing areas - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring them back.......

I might enjoy the games again......the premiership is now the worst place to watch football (not just cos I watch Man City!!)....

Offside - just keep it simple - if you're behind the last defender you're offside - they insist on having some grey area and wander why it's controversial...

Simulation - if players are found guilty by video evidence after a game - have a public hanging....probably sell loads of tickets!! Oh, and best do away with Ronaldo now :'(
  11. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    06 Feb '07 19:50
    Originally posted by Cityblue
    Revolutionary standing areas - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring them back.......

I might enjoy the games again......the premiership is now the worst place to watch football (not just cos I watch Man City!!)....

Offside - just keep it simple - if you're behind the last defender you're offside - they insist on having some grey area and wander why it's controv ...[text shortened]... ublic hanging....probably sell loads of tickets!! Oh, and best do away with Ronaldo now :'(
    At last!
    Someone who sings from the same hymn sheet as me!
  12. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    07 Feb '07 00:30
    Offside - just keep it simple - if you're behind the last defender you're offside - they insist on having some grey area and wander why it's controversial...Oh, and best do away with Ronaldo now :'(
    I always have to laugh when I hear supposed football people who don't know what the offside rule is, especially when they're Manky Blues.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=HSFtIQp2CJg

D
  13. Standard memberCityblue
    Moonchester
    Blue Moon
    Moves
    07 Feb '07 08:30
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    I always have to laugh when I hear supposed football people who don't know what the offside rule is, especially when they're Manky Blues.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=HSFtIQp2CJg

D
    I didn't feel it was neccessary to put all details of offside law in the post........

I assume you're a red muppet then - being from Ireland and all that 😉
  14. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    09 Feb '07 19:20
    I didn't feel it was neccessary to put all details of offside law in the post........

I assume you're a red muppet then - being from Ireland and all that 😉
    Boys! Boys!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree