1. Joined
    22 May '06
    Moves
    22 Feb '07 23:30
    Originally posted by invigorate
    Well having looked through this thread I very surprised not to see Paul Cooper's name - amazing penalty saver for the Tractor Boys in the early eighties.
    Rated... forgot all about him. Another great keeper of the 70s.. in a decade that produced some fantastic shot-stoppers!
  2. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    23 Feb '07 19:031 edit
    My Favs were Eric Martin (Saints 70s) and Pat Jennings. Eric was a helluv a nice guy who bought his spuds from me when I was a working school boy in portswood Soton...made a big impression as a mentor and hero in those days to many local youhtful fans.

Pat J was fantastic behind any team. He was a fast reaction keeper, brave in close and a good organiser. edit.. he was spectacular maybe to a fault.

Shilton was the best organiser ever but sometimes failed to come off his line to high crosses.

Gordon Banks prior to his accident is the best ever keeper and I don't think you'll ever find an international keeper or striker to seriously disagree. The man was the total package and performed brilliantly, especially when his defenders let him down.
  3. Joined
    21 Dec '06
    Moves
    24 Feb '07 10:28
    Rinat Dasaev in his prime during the 80's was simply awe inspiring and a very wothy successor to Lev Yashin's throne.
  4. Joined
    05 Mar '04
    Moves
    25 Feb '07 19:27
    When I was a boy,one of the best rated keepers in the world was Frank Swift. He played well over 350 times for one of the best teams in England.(city) ( I am also biased here) and 19 full England caps. 6 years of war robbed him of many more.It saddens me that some here can remember Lev Yashin but not big Swifty. Bert Trautmann was his replacement at city. He went on to be a sports writer after he finished playing and died at Munich tragedy with Busbies Babes in the aircrash.
  5. Joined
    09 Dec '06
    Moves
    25 Feb '07 20:29
    Originally posted by Helder Octavio
    This time, I can write about the theme because the
    GKs of Brasil never was of 1st line (sorry, Gilmar dos
    Santos Neves).

Of course, there're many great GK: Sepp Mayer, Ubaldo
    Fillol, Oliver Kahn, Jean-Marie Pfaff, Dino Zoff etc.

But the best was, is and always will be LEV YASHIN.
    For me I could not chose for the world but for goalkeepers in Britain since 70.

it is between
    Shilton, Schmiechel and now Czech.
  6. SubscriberHelder Octavio Borges
    Luso-brasileiro
    Cajamar, SP
    Moves
    13 Mar '07 12:081 edit
    The legend.

YouTube
  7. SubscriberHelder Octavio Borges
    Luso-brasileiro
    Cajamar, SP
    Moves
    13 Mar '07 12:15
    Some blunders...

YouTube&mode=related&search=
  8. SubscriberHelder Octavio Borges
    Luso-brasileiro
    Cajamar, SP
    Moves
    13 Mar '07 12:28
    Rogério Ceni.

YouTube
  9. SubscriberHelder Octavio Borges
    Luso-brasileiro
    Cajamar, SP
    Moves
    27 Jun '09 14:20
  10. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    27 Jun '09 14:34
    1, Kasey Keller

2. Tim Howard

3. Gordon Banks
  11. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    28 Jun '09 09:54
    Originally posted by 1973mackem
    Best ever save, was Jimmy Montgomery, double save 1973 FA Cup Final for Sunderland against Leeds YUnited.
    I remember that final back in 73 , he pulled off some saves that day !!! I dont think the FAcup and the new Wembley hold as much passion as back then ..
    What about Dickie Guy for Wimbledon against Leeds ???? World class 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree