The best goalkeeper of all times

The best goalkeeper of all times

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

h

Cosmos

Moves
07 Feb 07

Originally posted by Crita
No worries.

I honestly rate James as one of the best keepers in the Prem. When he's in form, he's nearly unbeatable. He's being doing great for Portsmouth this season.

I think he suffered from nerves/stage fright playing for England and it's definitely a confidence thing with him, but like I said, if he's playing well, he's top class.

Granted, I haven ...[text shortened]... Andy Cole) and you can't do that unless you've got the skills to keep getting picked.
Here's why Calamity is similar to Vampires:

(PS - they don't like crosses)

G

Moves
07 Feb 07

Originally posted by Crita
What about David James?

He's quality.
Who is he?

S

Moves
07 Feb 07

Originally posted by Ravello
........or simply because english goalkeepers are crap.
very unfair there RAV.... i agree that Seaman was not world class.. and Robinson (even though i support spurs) has been very very disapointing.. I think Carson and Foster are ahead of him on this seasons form and so is James who is having a good season.

For me 70s was the time for English keepers... the rest of the world only had maier of germany and Zoff ... england had Shilton, parks, burriage, rimmer and clamance.. all top 'keepers for me

S

Moves
07 Feb 07
1 edit

Originally posted by blade68
...that's probably because young keepers are being kept out 'cos it's en vogue to have an average foreign bloke between the sticks... Van Der Sar, Reina, Niemi, and the ones at Boro and Villa to name a few!
Blade68 mate... must take issue with you here.. i think van der sar is a great keeper as is Chech.. but the best foreign keeper in the prem league this season and also in the top 3 or 4 over the last few years has been Jussi Jaaskenlainen.

That guy is quality!

AB

Moves
07 Feb 07

For decades England has produced the best keepers in the world, and you know it.
Banks, Shilton, Clemence, Parkes, Seaman, Robinson...

Please try to base your inane comments on FACT in the future.

😉
Yeah, yeah, yup and WHAT? Robinson?
C'mon Blade you were doing well there for a minute 😉

o

Moves
07 Feb 07

Originally posted by SALADIN
very unfair there RAV.... i agree that Seaman was not world class.. and Robinson (even though i support spurs) has been very very disapointing.. I think Carson and Foster are ahead of him on this seasons form and so is James who is having a good season.

For me 70s was the time for English keepers... the rest of the world only had maier of germany and Zoff ... england had Shilton, parks, burriage, rimmer and clamance.. all top 'keepers for me
60s for me banks bonnetti jennings stepney

S

Moves
07 Feb 07

Originally posted by oxtoby
60s for me banks bonnetti jennings stepney
well to be fair... they were all from the 70s... banks did play in the 60s but the rest on your listed started in the 60s and played most of their games in the 70s...?

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
08 Feb 07

Craig Forrest

o

Moves
08 Feb 07

Originally posted by SALADIN
well to be fair... they were all from the 70s... banks did play in the 60s but the rest on your listed started in the 60s and played most of their games in the 70s...?
1st team debuts...Bonnetti Chelsea 1960...Jennings Spurs 1964...Stepney Man U 1966 After £55,000 transfer from Chelsea I am not deny they played on into the 70s but in my opinion they were peaking in the 60s

z

Moves
09 Feb 07

best goalkeepers ?
Schmeichel, Banks, Carrizo, Fillol, Goycoechea Yashin, N´kono, Bats, Chilavert, Zoff, Maier, Leao, Tomaszewski, Jongbloed, Zenga, Buffon, Kahn, Mazurkiewicz, Preud´homme ...

excentric ones ? Higuita, Campos, Gatti, Pfaff, Ravelli ...

overrated ones ? Shilton, Barthez ...

worst-ever ones ? Valdir Peres ( Brazil, Spain 1982 )
Rubiños ( Peru , Mexico 1970 )

b

Bramall Lane

Moves
09 Feb 07

Originally posted by zintieriv
best goalkeepers ?
Schmeichel, Banks, Carrizo, Fillol, Goycoechea Yashin, N´kono, Bats, Chilavert, Zoff, Maier, Leao, Tomaszewski, Jongbloed, Zenga, Buffon, Kahn, Mazurkiewicz, Preud´homme ...

excentric ones ? Higuita, Campos, Gatti, Pfaff, Ravelli ...

overrated ones ? Shilton, Barthez ...

worst-ever ones ? Valdir Peres ( Brazil, Spain 1982 )
Rubiños ( Peru , Mexico 1970 )
Eccentric... you missed Ramon Quiroga - Peru 1978. 1st class entertainment!

b

Bramall Lane

Moves
09 Feb 07

Originally posted by howardgee
Peter Schmeichel.

No question.

He won the European Championship and kept the Germans at bay single-handedly in the final.

Also did the "impossible" treble with Man U in 1999.
Stupendously good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0lNsBAsb-U

Notice on 2:17, his save from the header, better IMO than Banks' 'impossible' save from Pele's header, be ...[text shortened]... ed&search=

He is allowed the odd mistake:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYXac-fhVRI
Big and clumsy in my opinion... got a long way in football by having a big mouth and an even bigger red nose.

z

Moves
09 Feb 07

Eccentric... you missed Ramon Quiroga - Peru 1978. 1st class entertainment!
yeap, Ramon Quiroga was an excellent goalkeeper .... in the first game ( Peru 3 - Scotland 1 ) he was our hero, blocking a penalty and that demon called Kevin Keagan ... unbelievable !
but the Peru 0 - Argentina 6 erased what he did previously ...
that game was a shame ... and we are paying the bill 24 years !!! ( the last time we went to a World Football Cup was in Spain 1982 )

b

Bramall Lane

Moves
09 Feb 07

Originally posted by zintieriv
yeap, Ramon Quiroga was an excellent goalkeeper .... in the first game ( Peru 3 - Scotland 1 ) he was our hero, blocking a penalty and that demon called Kevin Keagan ... unbelievable !
but the Peru 0 - Argentina 6 erased what he did previously ...
that game was a shame ... and we are paying the bill 24 years !!! ( the last time we went to a World Football Cup was in Spain 1982 )
I think you're getting slightly confused there zint... Kevin Keegan played for England - not Scotland!!!
That's like me saying what a great player Teofilo Cubillas was for..... Colombia!!!

I remember Quiroga bringing Lato (Poland) down on the half-way line... great stuff!!

z

Moves
10 Feb 07

I think you're getting slightly confused there zint... Kevin Keegan played for England - not Scotland!!!
That's like me saying what a great player Teofilo Cubillas was for..... Colombia!!!

I remember Quiroga bringing Lato (Poland) down on the half-way line... great stuff!!
forgive me ! I was thinking in Jordan ! 🙁