1. Standard memberwoodypusher
    misanthrope
    seclusion
    Joined
    22 Jan '13
    Moves
    1834
    04 Feb '13 02:37
    ...is obviously Jay-Z 🙄
  2. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Joined
    13 Oct '04
    Moves
    50664
    04 Feb '13 02:45
    Originally posted by woodypusher
    ...is obviously Jay-Z 🙄
    LMAO
  3. Joined
    06 Aug '11
    Moves
    3103
    05 Feb '13 02:24
    Originally posted by woodypusher
    ...is obviously Jay-Z 🙄
    Just might have been Alex Smith, with a 6-2 record. Copernicus checked in at 5-2-1 and has been annointed the second coming.......Smith ought to make a play for the Jets or KC, somebody he could have an immediate impact with. Not flashy, just a good solid QB and team player who just got a sh%&thouse deal thrown his way.
  4. Subscribershortcircuit
    The Energizer
    where you want to be
    Joined
    28 Jan '07
    Moves
    66495
    05 Feb '13 03:11
    Originally posted by mudpie
    Just might have been Alex Smith, with a 6-2 record. Copernicus checked in at 5-2-1 and has been annointed the second coming.......Smith ought to make a play for the Jets or KC, somebody he could have an immediate impact with. Not flashy, just a good solid QB and team player who just got a sh%&thouse deal thrown his way.
    Alex Smith is a program QB who is of slightly better than average talent.
    SF made the correct choice at QB. Kaepernick is much more dynamic than Smith ever was.

    Smith is never going to be confused with a top echelon QB.
    Kaepernick has a chance to.
    Smith's success was based on the SF system and the talent pool around him.
    I thought SF was nuts when they gave him the contract he has now.
    If KC bites on him, it will be the second time in a row they bit on an overpriced,
    mediocre QB.
  5. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    2996
    07 Feb '13 03:071 edit
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Alex Smith is a program QB who is of slightly better than average talent.
    SF made the correct choice at QB. Kaepernick is much more dynamic than Smith ever was.

    Smith is never going to be confused with a top echelon QB.
    Kaepernick has a chance to.
    Smith's success was based on the SF system and the talent pool around him.
    I thought SF was nuts whe ...[text shortened]... KC bites on him, it will be the second time in a row they bit on an overpriced,
    mediocre QB.
    Kraeppernick got them one game further than last year! Not a great show. I bet he will not repeat his showy play next year after film is broken down on him. Harbaugh will implode more likely than succeed. The boastful vow of returning next year is more likely to fail than succeed. I'd put my money on Russel Wilson before Krappernick. Dynamic? Sure. Rocket arm? Absolutely. Got outplayed and outclassed by journeyman Flacco. However, I lay more blame on the loss on locker-room cancer Moss than 9'ers QB. Harbaugh may brainfart the entire season like he did the last series with 1st & goal. Lets just say I was not impressed. After all K could not beat lowly Rams, got lambasted by Seahawks and won against Atlanta by sheer luck since Falcons failed to press their advantage! In the end Niners pulled a Falcons ending and game would not have been close sans the crappy call (non-call) when refs ignored late hit out of bounds on Flacco and gave Niners a repeat after a failed field goal with dive from Akers being called running into kicker.

    As for Smith, perhaps you're right, but alleged QB guru Harbaugh could have done better with and by Smith. Karma is hell! Wait till Kaepernick starts hearing footsteps and see how he plays. Harbaugh is oging to have a hard time getting top flight talent to play comfortably in his system. After all he is a tantruming ninny! I stopped liking him when he dumped the Stanford kids. I know, I know, every coach does it, but then few go on the dump a starter for no reason. That was the equivalent of 1st and goal. It was a Krappy decision since it did not work!
  6. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    16334
    07 Feb '13 04:04
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Kraeppernick got them one game further than last year! Not a great show. I bet he will not repeat his showy play next year after film is broken down on him. Harbaugh will implode more likely than succeed. The boastful vow of returning next year is more likely to fail than succeed. I'd put my money on Russel Wilson before Krappernick. Dynamic? Sure. Rock ...[text shortened]... son. That was the equivalent of 1st and goal. It was a Krappy decision since it did not work!
    What would qualify as making it work? Winning the superbowl is way too high a mark to consider any single move working or failing. I think Kaepernick has a really strong and acurate arm... He is more talented and a bigger threat than Alex Smith but talent alone, a quarterback, does not make. I think Smith may have been able to lead this team better and avoided getting down big because he is more likely to throw a high completion % game and run a more efficient offense... The move was, more likely than not, to be able to come back from large deficits and overall be more explosive on the score board, which it did. So, the plan worked, CK played well but they lost the superbowl. I wouldn't blame that on one single poor move of which switching QBs is not one.

    Please stop spewing this emotional tripe about karma and such... Karma doesn't even work in this context and that gives me doubts about your knowledge of the meaning of Karma. Anyway, doing your job to the best of your ability, ie giving your team the best chance to win, and doing it with bravery and honor is not going to have negative effects. Keeping the second best option under center is unfair to the rest of the team thus if a coach deems a qb the second best option he should replace as soon as possible... It doesn't matter who you or I think is the better QB because we don't get to watch practice and I doubt you have broken down any film on Smith or Kaepernick.

    My opinion of you would change if you stop forcing your black and white false ideals on every forum member... I don't care what you believe in just be more subtle and open minded. When you exagerate things the way you do with an air of superiority, you are far from superior in any facet of life to anybody here, then people start seeing you with your nose in the air... Just calm down and bring about points and ask what people think... Give your opinion and let it bend a little... If you don't always agree with someone calm down and accept it sometimes... Things aren't always what they seem and sometimes you are wrong... A lot of the times actually.

    In short, you come off as pompous, priggish, emotional, and annoying. The way you type always has me imagining you yelling at the screen as you input every word. You are less subtle than a brick wall and your ranting lacks color and shades of grey, it is all black and white just like the words as they appear on the screen.
  7. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    2996
    09 Feb '13 23:35
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    What would qualify as making it work? Winning the superbowl is way too high a mark to consider any single move working or failing. I think Kaepernick has a really strong and acurate arm... He is more talented and a bigger threat than Alex Smith but talent alone, a quarterback, does not make. I think Smith may have been able to lead this team better and avo ...[text shortened]... ades of grey, it is all black and white just like the words as they appear on the screen.
    Well all's up for debate. However, I agree with you that I may come up as priggish, etc. Frankly I don't care what others think. I don't insult other posters. I state my opinion, and it is only that. It is neither right nor wrong. I am not writing a dissertation on karma, simply using the vernacular application of the term. I don't disagree with you on CK's skills set, explosiveness and long term upside. I am still just miffed that a head coach would try and rewrite the rules of how things are done for a "win now" mentality. Blame for loss not entirely CK's, nor is he blameless either. A superior defensive coordinator solved the riddle late, but solved nonetheless. Is it a failure? Of course it is for Harbaugh made the change with a championship in mind and fell short. No different than if Eisenhower had been pushed back into the sea by Hitler. No one would dissect Normandy invasion as "maybe next time". Harbaugh is also not blameless. His failure to run Kaepernick when the win was within reach is about the dumbest coaching I've seen in forever. Older Harbaugh out-coached his little brother big time.

    Breaking down film? Why would I do that and if I did why would that make my opinion better? It would still be only an opinion. We'll leave that to you since you're the one that wants to be a sports writer. Me I'm just water cooler talk with some bravado. So what?

    You do have some nerve to talk about "emotional tripe" when it is frequently you, short circuit and #1 marauder calling others idiots and lecturing others with hyperbole, invective and know it all attitude. I do appreciate that for once you ceased to engage in ad hominem attacks. You are better than that, much more intelligent than the other two I cited and probably would make a more than decent sports blog writer.

    Loss of SB can be blamed on what exactly then if not making the wrong QB move? They gained exactly one game deeper into playoffs than last year and in effect won fewer games. Perhaps sticking to Alex Smith might have won them home field throughout the playoffs like Smith did in 2011. Therefore, the move was a failure. It's like a bad sac in chess. I suspect that had it not been for the power outage game would have resulted in a massive blow out for momentum changes always seem to favor the leading team at the point of shift.
  8. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    13341
    10 Feb '13 16:311 edit
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Well all's up for debate. However, I agree with you that I may come up as priggish, etc. Frankly I don't care what others think. I don't insult other posters. I state my opinion, and it is only that. It is neither right nor wrong. I am not writing a dissertation on karma, simply using the vernacular application of the term. I don't disagree with you on r momentum changes always seem to favor the leading team at the point of shift.
    "would try and rewrite the rules of how things are done for a "win now" mentality."

    The better player starts. THAT is how things are done. Kaepernick is the better quarterback. He's not just the QB with a higher ceiling, he's the better quarterback right now. The notion that you don't lose your job to injury is completely false. They are plenty of examples, such as Bledsoe losing his job to Brady.

    Alex Smith would NOT have taken us to the Super Bowl. Not with this year's team.
  9. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Joined
    26 Dec '07
    Moves
    17585
    15 Feb '13 16:22
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    "would try and rewrite the rules of how things are done for a "win now" mentality."

    The better player starts. THAT is how things are done. Kaepernick is the better quarterback. He's not just the QB with a higher ceiling, he's the better quarterback right now. The notion that you don't lose your job to injury is completely false. They are ...[text shortened]... dy.

    Alex Smith would NOT have taken us to the Super Bowl. Not with this year's team.
    I agree.

    Kapernick is clearly the better player and he didn't play badly in the game. They stalled of a couple of drives in the first half and couldn't make the big play down the stretch. They lost to a very good football team that they are basically an even match for. If these teams played 10 times, I think they're probably be 5-5 or 6-4.

    Sometimes you just say we played hard and it was close but we just didn't make the big play. You tip your cap and you try again next year. There is absolutely no reason to question Kapernick or to believe Smith would have done better.
Back to Top