The Importance of Game 3 Pre Season (Grid Iron)

The Importance of Game 3 Pre Season (Grid Iron)

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
26 Aug 07

In the NFL, Game 3 of pre seson is when the starters and the team MUST shine on the field. The teams have been running their drills, nursing and evaluating any injuries, and sorting out the 2nd string.

Game 3 is when THE TEAMS ROLL OUT. Game 4 everyone rests again while the second string gets another tune up.

So, has your team played game 3? Did they win? If they did not, I fear you will be eliminated first round of play offs if you make it at all.

Sorry for the bad news.

P-

G
Mr. Shield

Moves
26 Aug 07

Originally posted by Phlabibit
In the NFL, Game 3 of pre seson is when the starters and the team MUST shine on the field. The teams have been running their drills, nursing and evaluating any injuries, and sorting out the 2nd string.

Game 3 is when THE TEAMS ROLL OUT. Game 4 everyone rests again while the second string gets another tune up.

So, has your team played game 3? Did t ...[text shortened]... l be eliminated first round of play offs if you make it at all.

Sorry for the bad news.

P-
It's been a weird pre-season for 'my'* team, Green Bay.

Game #1 @ Pittsburgh

Favre and the first string suck, getting I think 1 first down out of 14 tries? Second string comes on and plays well enough to win. Looking ok at this point.

Game #2 Against Seattle

Everyone plays extremely well. Favre and the first string play fast and furious. Same with the second string. Seattle was blown out of the water (or air), and all is looking great.

Game #3 against Jacksonville

First string is looking impressive once again. Scoring 13 points and allowing none. Normally this is the game where starters play 3 or more quarters (didn't know that till now, or didn't pay enough attention in the past), but the first string came out after the first half. The second string had been playing solid in all the games so far, but this time, they fall apart, and allow 21 points and score none, losing the game.

Predictions:

9-7. Almost the same team as last year, but there's more experience and some good talent from the draft. If Favre sticks around another year, they'll have a shot. But probably not this year (although since the NFC is pretty weak, they could still probably make the playoffs).

*I have to pay attention to Green Bay because I get nothing else. Although, sadly, they are my favorite team now. 😞

DMM

USA

Moves
26 Aug 07

So, has your team played game 3? Did t ...[text shortened]... l be eliminated first round of play offs if you make it at all.

Sorry for the bad news.

P-
At least the Patriots are doing good in 3rd preseason game, crushed Carolina 24-7, excellent passing by Brady, pretty good rushing by Maroney, Stallworth and Welker were excellent. Jarvis Green had a fun night as well...

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
26 Aug 07

Seattle did okay. It handed Minn a good thump. I'm still a bit concerned about our secondary which is unfortunate because we really spent some money in that department. Also, our O-line still seems a little suspect. The 1st string line should play very well, but if anyone gets injured (and some one almost surely will) . . .

b

lazy boy derivative

Moves
27 Aug 07

As a Viking fan I'm already looking at Mel Kiper's site to see who will be available with the #1 or 2 overall pick.

h
Endgamer

Wisconsin

Moves
27 Aug 07

Originally posted by badmoon
As a Viking fan I'm already looking at Mel Kiper's site to see who will be available with the #1 or 2 overall pick.
lol, you just made my day. I think that that packers are due for a little better then 9-7. They came on strong at the end of last year as the o-line started to gel. The team as a whole is young, and their success depends on how well Brandon Jackson, AJ Hawk, and the other young guys play. But ya, vikings fans, just remember, theres always next year, or a few years after that.

G
Mr. Shield

Moves
27 Aug 07

Originally posted by hammster21
lol, you just made my day. I think that that packers are due for a little better then 9-7. They came on strong at the end of last year as the o-line started to gel. The team as a whole is young, and their success depends on how well Brandon Jackson, AJ Hawk, and the other young guys play. But ya, vikings fans, just remember, theres always next year, or a few years after that.
The defense is looking to be in good shape, but yeah, Brandon Jackson is going to be a key person to watch. He's doing pretty good for just being thrown in there so soon with our starter going down in camp. Our passing game is ok (Driver's hurt already, though), but if we still had Ahman Green, Najae (sp?) Davenport or Tony Fisher, I'd be a lot happier with the Packer's chances. Hopefully someone will shine.

As for the Vikings: Good. 😛

J

Moves
27 Aug 07

Originally posted by Dance Master MC
At least the Patriots are doing good in 3rd preseason game, crushed Carolina 24-7, excellent passing by Brady, pretty good rushing by Maroney, Stallworth and Welker were excellent. Jarvis Green had a fun night as well...
And who beat your Pats in game 2? yeah that's right my Titans. Titans are going to the playoffs this year. Woohoo Titans all the way.

R
The Rams

Moves
27 Aug 07

Originally posted by JohnLennonForever
And who beat your Pats in game 2? yeah that's right my Titans. Titans are going to the playoffs this year. Woohoo Titans all the way.
No. They won't. Sorry. But think about the picture.

Patriots
Colts
Chargers
Ravens

Bengals or Chiefs/Broncos. Do you really think the Titans can outdo the Bengals or Chiefs AND Broncos? Maybe in NFC.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
27 Aug 07

Originally posted by JohnLennonForever
Game 1, game 2, and game 4 mean nothing... did you even read my post??

P-

R
The Rams

Moves
27 Aug 07

P-
Game 1, game 2, game 3, and game 4 mean little, but all have the same significance: Rookies. Maybe THAT'S why there are no standings during the preseason.

Something tells me you're going to argue with me again 🙁

z

Moves
27 Aug 07

Originally posted by badmoon
As long as we beat up on the Packers twice, I'll consider it a successful season.

G
Mr. Shield

Moves
27 Aug 07

Originally posted by zebano
As long as we beat up on the Packers twice, I'll consider it a successful season.
😠

Yeah, same here, except reverse. 😛

DMM

USA

Moves
28 Aug 07

P-
nooo, sorry, I'll read it...

...😛

R
The Rams

Moves
28 Aug 07

Hmm the Vikings. I'd like to call them the mystery team, representing last year's Saints. They have potential to suck, be ok, or succeed.