1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    09 Jul '10 12:221 edit
    Is no longer Art Modell. Who woulda thunk it possible? If you have the jersey of the man in question, whose name will not be uttered henceforth, BURN IT!! 😠
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    09 Jul '10 12:25
    Just kidding, actually I could care less about the NBA but many around me seem absolutely lost and without purpose in life now.

    So how about a debate as to why the man in question left Clevland? I say it has to be at least partially due to the fact that Ohio has an income tax and Florida does not, not to mention the fact that Florida is nice to live in and Clevland.....well....lets just say its a little nicer than Timbuktoo.
  3. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    2996
    09 Jul '10 14:10
    Originally posted by whodey
    Just kidding, actually I could care less about the NBA but many around me seem absolutely lost and without purpose in life now.

    So how about a debate as to why the man in question left Clevland? I say it has to be at least partially due to the fact that Ohio has an income tax and Florida does not, not to mention the fact that Florida is nice to live in and Clevland.....well....lets just say its a little nicer than Timbuktoo.
    I think none of that matters. LeGone James is devoid of loyalty, a sense of honor and thinks he's gettig better quality nookie in South Beach, which BTW, he mentioned before talking basketball. I hope the whole thing flops royally and these three crybabies don't gel.
  4. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Joined
    26 Dec '07
    Moves
    17585
    09 Jul '10 14:111 edit
    The level of vitriol against James from the Cleveland owner and media this morning is astounding. But James deserves every bit of it.

    He wanted to leave Cleveland? Fine.

    But the way he set up that narcissistic "I AM THE KING" homage to his greatness last night and drew everything out as much as he could so that everyone could watch the Cavs being humiliated was almost frightening. He probably left Ohio because the state isn't big enough for his head. Even the way he said it "I'm going to take my talents down to South Beach." Yikes! Could that guy be any more full of himself? Your talents??? Dude, you can throw a ball into a hoop. You didn't invent a cure for cancer. Let's relax a bit, huh?

    I'm going to root for the Cavs now just to stick it to him.
  5. Subscribershortcircuit
    The Energizer
    where you want to be
    Joined
    28 Jan '07
    Moves
    66520
    09 Jul '10 14:47
    Originally posted by whodey
    Just kidding, actually I could care less about the NBA but many around me seem absolutely lost and without purpose in life now.

    So how about a debate as to why the man in question left Clevland? I say it has to be at least partially due to the fact that Ohio has an income tax and Florida does not, not to mention the fact that Florida is nice to live in and Clevland.....well....lets just say its a little nicer than Timbuktoo.
    What is the debate about. Cleveland has always been a loser town. This is symbolic!! 😛
  6. Subscribershortcircuit
    The Energizer
    where you want to be
    Joined
    28 Jan '07
    Moves
    66520
    09 Jul '10 14:52
    Three interesting things to thing about the South Beach trio??

    First, how are you ever going to serve three super egos?

    Two, after the money they spent on these three, what are they going to have as a support crew for the final 9 players? In the NBA 3 on 5 is pretty damn tough to win at.

    Third, who is going to coach them? Pat Riley coming out of the box again? Look at the fun Phil has had coaching only TWO major egos at a time in Chicago and LA. This could become the "great implosion".
  7. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Joined
    26 Dec '07
    Moves
    17585
    09 Jul '10 15:001 edit
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Three interesting things to thing about the South Beach trio??

    First, how are you ever going to serve three super egos?

    Two, after the money they spent on these three, what are they going to have as a support crew for the final 9 players? In the NBA 3 on 5 is pretty damn tough to win at.

    Third, who is going to coach them? Pat Riley coming out ...[text shortened]... hing only TWO major egos at a time in Chicago and LA. This could become the "great implosion".
    Wishful thinking.

    They'll get veteran role players who will play for low salaries to win. They'll round out their roster with guys like Steve Kerr and Bill Cartwright with the old MJ/Pippen Bulls teams.

    I would love to see them lose and anything's possible (someone could get hurt etc,), but I figure they'll win at least 2-3 titles over the next few years, maybe more.
  8. Subscribershortcircuit
    The Energizer
    where you want to be
    Joined
    28 Jan '07
    Moves
    66520
    09 Jul '10 15:03
    Originally posted by sh76
    Wishful thinking.

    They'll get veteran role players who will play for low salaries to win. They'll round out their roster with guys like Steve Kerr and Bill Cartwright with the old MJ/Pippen Bulls teams.

    I would love to see them lose and anything's possible (someone could get hurt etc,), but I figure they'll win at least 2-3 titles over the next few years, maybe more.
    Sure maybe....but do you REALLY think Steve Kerr and Bill Cartwright have anything left in the tank? 😉😛😀
  9. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Joined
    26 Dec '07
    Moves
    17585
    09 Jul '10 15:14
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Sure maybe....but do you REALLY think Steve Kerr and Bill Cartwright have anything left in the tank? 😉😛😀
    I'll bet Kerr could still knock down a 3 now and then.
  10. Subscribershortcircuit
    The Energizer
    where you want to be
    Joined
    28 Jan '07
    Moves
    66520
    09 Jul '10 18:49
    Originally posted by sh76
    I'll bet Kerr could still knock down a 3 now and then.
    OK, we'll pencil him in for two a game... Call the commish and tell him to start engraving the trophy now!!
  11. Standard memberVirtue76
    King of the Ring-er
    Joined
    17 Jul '06
    Moves
    50620
    09 Jul '10 19:02
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Three interesting things to thing about the South Beach trio??


    Third, who is going to coach them? Pat Riley coming out of the box again? Look at the fun Phil has had coaching only TWO major egos at a time in Chicago and LA. This could become the "great implosion".


    How many championships has Jackson won dealing with "egos"?

    It can be done. It will be done.
  12. Subscribershortcircuit
    The Energizer
    where you want to be
    Joined
    28 Jan '07
    Moves
    66520
    09 Jul '10 20:28
    Originally posted by Virtue76
    How many championships has Jackson won dealing with "egos"?

    It can be done. It will be done.
    How many has Jackson won without Jordan or Kobe???

    How did Jackson fare keeping Kobe and Shaq together???
    The coach can only kiss one player's ass at a time.
    Think Wade will be pleased being second fiddle forever???
    Think Bosh will always like to be referred to as the #3 guy?

    One thing you have to say about Boston's big three. They are all pretty unselfish players, and they have all always had a supporting cast. Mind you, I am not a Boston fan, but I do acknowledge what they have done.

    I will tell you this. If, and this is a big if, Yao Ming stays healthy this season, I believe the Rockets will be a better team than Miami next season. The reason....quality of bench depth and excellent team play.
Back to Top