1. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    15 Jun '07 14:55
    http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=472111&CPID=8&clid=8&lid=2&title=Lord+Stevens+names+and+shames

No surprises with regards to the clubs mentioned or the agents.
    But .... Graeme Souness! I thought he just bought bad players because he thought they were good. Looks like he's been buying them for the backhanders!
  2. Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    16 Jun '07 21:37
    This does seem a bit of a farce. Lord Stevens couldn't find any evidence, cleared all those involved, but thought he'd name a few people because they looked a bit 'iffy'. He passed the iffy names on to the FA and FIFA because he basically couldn't be arsed to spend any more effort on an obviously well-setup process of bungs, thereby washing his hands of it. Will the FA or FIFA do anything? Will Lichtenstein win the next World Cup? 😉

The ONLY good thing about it is that it will put the scare up agents backs and maybe not so many of them will be quite so dodgey.
  3. LA
    Moves
    17 Jun '07 00:301 edit
    Originally posted by ElleEffSeee
    This does seem a bit of a farce. Lord Stevens couldn't find any evidence, cleared all those involved, but thought he'd name a few people because they looked a bit 'iffy'. He passed the iffy names on to the FA and FIFA because he basically couldn't be arsed to spend any more effort on an obviously well-setup process of bungs, thereby washing his hands of ...[text shortened]... t will put the scare up agents backs and maybe not so many of them will be quite so dodgey.
    Its a complete farce.

I would like to know why the transfer of Harry Kewell from Leeds to Liverpool was not on the list.

From what I remember of this minor transfer Kewels agent pocketed about 3m out of a 6m transfer.
    Also his agent (the one who did all the negotiating and had all the press quotes) was not registered correctly to represent a player as his agent.

What a stitch up, we could also start digging a little deeper and starting looking into the transfer of Ziege to Liverpool but that transfer is even more inconsequential.
  4. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    17 Jun '07 10:20
    Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue

What a stitch up, we could also start digging a little deeper and starting looking into the transfer of Ziege to Liverpool but that transfer is even more inconsequential.
    http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4158/is_20020315/ai_n12596782

It's been investigated.
  5. LA
    Moves
    17 Jun '07 17:491 edit
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4158/is_20020315/ai_n12596782

It's been investigated.
    Good, maybe some justice then.

What really needs to happen thought (and I don't know if its possible) is that agents need removing from the game entirely.

From my understanding, the agent gets more money if they sell the player on instead of signing a new contract at the club the player is at.

So surely its a massive conflict of interests.
    Its in the interests of the agent to keep on selling their players to new teams and so make more money for themselves?
    This though is often not whats best for the player.

Am I correct with this statement?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree