1. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    11 Oct '07 16:01
    I was listening to a pre-ad for the England v France Rugby match, and they were talking about "The old enemy". I've also heard the England as being The Auld enemy for both Scotland, and Ireland.......How many countries consider England the old Bloody enemy ? And what if they end up playing Argentina, will they be "The recent enemy" ?

Maybe Iraq could have a game, and they could call them "the current enemy" 😛
  2. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    11 Oct '07 16:29
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound
    I was listening to a pre-ad for the England v France Rugby match, and they were talking about "The old enemy". I've also heard the England as being The Auld enemy for both Scotland, and Ireland.......How many countries consider England the old Bloody enemy ? And what if they end up playing Argentina, will they be "The recent enemy" ?

In Portugal we consider England as our "oldest ally". 🙂
  3. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    11 Oct '07 16:34
    Originally posted by Palynka
    In Portugal we consider England as our "oldest ally". 🙂
    Really!!!!!!!!!😲
  4. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    11 Oct '07 16:44
    Originally posted by Jay Joos
    Really!!!!!!!!!😲
    It's the oldest alliance in the world, actually. And it's still in force.
  5. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    11 Oct '07 16:48
    Originally posted by Palynka
    It's [b]the oldest alliance in the world, actually. And it's still in force.[/b]
    😲😲😲
  6. Standard memberlordhighgus
    Kara Thrace &
    her special destiny
    Moves
    12 Oct '07 09:00
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound

The Auld Alliance was a string of alliances signed between Scotland and France from 1295 to 1560AD, so i suppose the "Auld Enemy" to England would be those two countries.
    Since England has had wars over the past thousand years or so with most of the continent, most of those now would consider a game of anything as battle.
    Go the Frenchies!!!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree