1. Joined
    20 Oct '02
    Moves
    20 Dec '10 20:50
    About the conditions for tonights outdoor Monday Night Football game. Marshall, Eller, Larsen & Page have got to be laughing their asses off.
  2. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    20 Dec '10 21:36
    Originally posted by Bobla45
    About the conditions for tonights outdoor Monday Night Football game. Marshall, Eller, Larsen & Page have got to be laughing their asses off.
    I hate crybabies! You'd think they were playing on a minefield! Snow on the ground will buffer their sorry butt's fall! Wimps indeed!
  3. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    21 Dec '10 03:34
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    I hate crybabies! You'd think they were playing on a minefield! Snow on the ground will buffer their sorry butt's fall! Wimps indeed!
    Have you ever played on a snow covered field in your life???

Obviously not!! The ground under the snow gets harder than concrete.
    How that is expected to buffer your butt is beyond me.
    The cold also causes your muscles to stiffen and creates a greater proclivity for injury.
    Having played in both conditions, I would prefer playing inside where the weather doesn't control the outcome of the game.

The ice bowl was basically a boring game.
    Show me a 43-43 OT thriller any day of the week.
  4. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    21 Dec '10 04:531 edit
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Have you ever played on a snow covered field in your life???

Obviously not!! The ground under the snow gets harder than concrete.
    How that is expected to buffer your butt is beyond me.
    The cold also causes your muscles to stiffen and creates a greater proclivity for injury.
    Having played in both conditions, I would prefer playing inside where the

The ice bowl was basically a boring game.
    Show me a 43-43 OT thriller any day of the week.
    I never got paid to play. Therein lies the difference. You approve of the crybaby garbage? 43-43 O game more interesting than the ice bowl? Yikes that's apples and oranges. I don't dispute Texas-USC 2005 was one of hisotry's great games, but for drama it does not match the ice bowl.

So you played baseball on ice? Amazing!
  5. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    21 Dec '10 12:22
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Agreed...this is football, not lawn bowling. They are paid massive amounts of money to play. They have heaters on the sidelines...what's the big deal?
  6. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    21 Dec '10 12:32
    Originally posted by bill718
    Agreed...this is football, not lawn bowling. They are paid massive amounts of money to play. They have heaters on the sidelines...what's the big deal?
    They want the money, but no discomfort! I don't begrudge them their money, but dislike whininess from anyone!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree